Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

Has the KH series ever taught you anything?

Has the KH series ever taught you anything?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Has the KH series ever taught you anything?

• Yeah, it has! (tell us below)
    • Nope, never.
    • Not really sure about it.
    • Why would it teach me anything?

To me, the Kingdom Hearts series taught me the meaning of perseverance and willpower.  It taught me to overcome the doubt and hate that I held within myself for so long, and I was able to overcome my own fears and doubts thanks to this video game series.  I also learned that no matter the immense trials or harrowing tribulations that come upon us in life, that we can be able to overcome them by always moving forward and never backing down from your problems.  And well, the most important thing of all, is that in life, one must search for strength to protect the things that matter, like friends, family, and your true love.  This is what this amazing video game series has taught me, and I will forever hold Kingdom Hearts in high regard, as it is an important part of my life.  It's a video game series I'll always cherish. :)

you act like KH is over or something

Kingdom Hearts taught me that even if you forget someone that one day the light will come and you bring you back together. That even in the deepest darkness a light always shines within the heart. I would go on but Kingdom Hearts has ALOT of deep teachings. Those are just my favorites. (':

It helped me get through rough times in my life, so, I suppose it taught me to persevere in trying times, at least ATTEMPT to smile and be friendly, and above all else: Friends and family are incredibly important.

Kingdom Hearts taught me to believe in my self, it taught me perserverance and willpower, and it showed me the importance of bonds. It als helped me out of my depression when my Grandma died and prevented me from suicide when I contemplated it twice. Kingdom Hearts is part of me and who I am

Nothing.  I mean sure there's the whole "friends are power", "together you can win", overcoming task and keep trying,  faith etc are pretty good lessons, but these are things I already knew.  I didn't go through my life and played KH at 12 and suddenly think "Wow!  If I keep trying, I will succeed, who knew?!" or "up til now my friends were literally just pawns in my game of life and now, I appreciate them having played KH".  Because of that it didn't really teach me anything, it just put across stuff I recognized and knew, the same way when kids shows do a whole plot line, people fight and then it's all educational at the end with them making up and explaining forgiveness.  I know this stuff already.  

Kingdom Hearts in honesty is nothing more than entertainment to me with no hidden life lessons I never knew, and when I was younger it did connect me to some online friends who I met/dated irl since it was a common interest, but it didn't teach me cause all the "lessons" should be known unless you grew up selfish, spoilt, obnoxious or something.  

It's taught me a lot of things. I've always felt alone in this world, and I had always regarded friends as something temporary and weak. But after experiencing this game series, it has told me that there are such things as true and everlasting friends. It's just that i haven't met the right person yet. Romantically or in a platonic way. I'm a major introvert. It's always been that way. Then KH happened, and i learned that i can't just wait for friends to roll my way, i have to make them. How great it was to learn that friendship would be the thing to get me back up when i have fallen into oblivion.

"I could write a book about that~!"

Specifically though, I never really considered myself as having a childhood, emotionally. Plain, bland, emotionless, inexperienced, etc. Even up to when I got into Kingdom Hearts about three years ago I hadn't really seen any of the Disney classics either. But once I got into KH… it was sorta like getting a glimpse at what I'd missed, emotionally and technically. Since then, I've managed to view all Disney media referenced in the Kingdom Hearts series save Chicken Little (but I never summon him anyway ^_^)—gotten a chance to see how animation, storytelling, and technology have evolved over the years in the forms of some great and not-so-great media.

Among other things of course, like what to do and what not to do in video game design.

On a less serious note, I learned that if you bang your head against a wall (or, for instance, a boss fight) long enough you'll eventually succeed! That's what I learned from beating 358/2 Days with the Kingdom Key without ever having spoken to the moogle and taking over four hours to beat [the final boss'] final form from start to finish… x_x

1.The Kh series has taught me that the world is built upon crazy ideas.who would have thought to add peanut butter to jelly,or to actually slice bread?Or,in this case, combine the universes of Disney and Final fantasy?

2.Also,KH showed me that the invisible ties that connect us all are still their,even if someone you lost someone you love.

It pretty much built my personality ,you know beside Daxter

Yes, it taught me heart and that friends are your power, to break through even the thickest of darkness in the toughest of times, to never give up on yourself or others and to have fun while you're doing it.