Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dracozombie

Freedom of speech is not...

Agreed. You have the right to voice your opinions but if you end up being a dick and think everything you say and do is okay, you got another thing coming.

Edited by CrownedCyborgHDMaster

Depends on what you mean by censorship, but absolutely. So god damn true.

That said, I also think some people's opinions are so dumb as to make me wish they could be censored, but alas.

I couldn't agree more. The only exception is if you were to post something us moderators think is stupid.

that was sarcasm

Actually, people totally have the right to be assholes. Notice the 'Freedom of Speech is not Freedom from Disagreement, Debate, Criticism, Punishment, Hate, Being Offended, Responsibility and Consequence'. Putting your ideas and opinions out there is opening yourself up to a world of differing ideas and people being jackasses isn't a crime. Now, actual threats of violence or an invasion of privacy like mailing a knife to somebody's house or even doxxing is reprehensible and absolutely illegal, but if some jerk is just calling you bad names online, well, that's his right to Freedom of Speech as well. 

Actually, people totally have the right to be assholes. Notice the 'Freedom of Speech is not Freedom from Disagreement, Debate, Criticism, Punishment, Hate, Being Offended, Responsibility and Consequence'. Putting your ideas and opinions out there is opening yourself up to a world of differing ideas and people being jackasses isn't a crime. Now, actual threats of violence or an invasion of privacy like mailing a knife to somebody's house or even doxxing is reprehensible and absolutely illegal, but if some jerk is just calling you bad names online, well, that's his right to Freedom of Speech as well.

I agree with the blue hair enthusiast.

Yes, you totally have the right to be an asshole. You're still being an asshole. People who hide behind the freedom of speech excuse want there to be zero consequences for saying whatever the firetruck comes to their mind, no matter how insulting or stupid it is, because damn it IT'S MAH RITE. Sorry to inform those people, but you can't get away with everything. Sure, you probably won't get arrested for calling a grandma a c**t, but don't be surprised if the people around you give you the stink eye. They, frankly, will not give two shits about your legal right to have done it. Because you're an asshole.

The Question is not weather you can, it's weather you should.  Yes, you can be an asshole, there's no question about that.  The important thing is weather you stop and think "Should I be saying this?  If I say this, will it insult someone on purpose?  Would I want someone to say this to me?"  Being an asshole does not make you a criminal.  It does however, make people not want to be around you.