Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ayame

How were you introduced to Kingdom Hearts?

So I found this video on YouTube and it got me thinking on how I started playing Kingdom Hearts. It seemed like a while ago but its been on 2 years since I started playing this game. So I wanted to share this video with you guys and I always wanted to know how were you introduced to this wonderful franchise. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YosO5jFFkF0

(P.S. Check out this girl's channel, I have to say its the first time that I have encounter a girl talking about Kingdom Hearts.) 

[Edit: Sorry wrong video link.]

Edited by Ayame

I'm sure there's a similar thread around, but I was gifted the first game by a friend, if I recall correctly, in 2004 or so (shortly after I got a PS2). Then a few years later, got KH2 from same friend, and the rest has just been rolling.

I'm sorry BlankShell. I look through the forum but I didn't find it that's why I thought "I might as well just make my own thread." Thanks for letting me know. Then you are I would say a veteran when it comes to how long you've been playing this game. I'm impressed. ^^

my dad bought the game for my sister back around when it came out cause it had Disney characters on it. i was too young to play video games and she never made it past Destiny Islands.

the game broke and then i rediscovered the series through the KH2 manga that I got at a school book sale in elementary school. the manga's got me back into the series and then i got KH1 and KH2 for my birthday. 

then the rest is history.

it's funny cause i don't think there's another franchise that i've invested so much time into like Kingdom Hearts, for better or worse lol

I saw the commercials a lot, but back then I wasn't a fan of JRPG's. Then one day I decided to try the first game out just for the heck of it and the rest is history.

My story is boring and short:

I saw the GBA version of CoM at Gamestop, vaugely remembered it had Mickey Mouse in it from posters I'd seen, and bought it in attempt to cheer myself up from a bad part of my life.

That was roughly..uhm..probably 2009.

Haven't ever looked back xD

The commercials 13 years ago. Being 6, I was more into the disney side. More than anything it interested me because of Halloween Town, because I loved Nightmare Before Christmas. 2 different cousins also owned the game, so I got first hand experience of it. Don't think I owned it until I was 9 or 10 when one of my cousins gave me the game. Didn't beat it until 5th grade, I think.

I was a little, 8 year old girl who knew nothing about playing videogames. One night, my mother came home from her job at a movie/videogame rental store, and gave me and my older cousin Kingdom Hearts 1 (it had only been out a few months, or so). I protested, but my mother insisted that we play it, and to my surprise, it was the best game EVER!!! :3

Been swingin' Keyblades ever since.... (I'm 20 now. ^w^)

I have been playing this game forever. I didn't know what was going on but I did know that sora looked adorable!! I watched My brother play it who's friend introduced it to him. And I have been playing it ever since and turned out to be a bigger fan than my bro... funny hunh?

Man I got into the Kingdom Hearts series ever since the very first Kingdom Hearts commerical back in 2002 or 2003. And my very first thought was Donald and Goofy with other Disney characters along this unknown spiky brown hair kid with a big ass key. I already had PS2 but not the game until I ask my mom to buy me the game which she did when it was released. One of my best memories during my childhood.

I already said my story several times.

Short Story: In 2007, i was 11 when my brother had a PS2 and had Kingdom Hearts 1 and happy happy memories. I got fully into the series in 2013 when 1.5 HD Remix was coming out.

Edited by MarieltheKeybasHGirl

Back around 2004 I was obsessed with card games like yugioh and magic. So I looked for card game video games and I ran into Kingdom hearts CoM. I heard of Kingdom hearts and I thought it was dumb but after playing CoM I really liked it. of course I got so lost because I never played the first KH so I asked my friend if I cold borrow it. Had lot of memories but too bad I couldn't really beat the game :( Game frozed during the credits so no secret ending for me. Disc was scratched up a lot

How did I get in kingdom hearts? Well it all started when my older sister started playing it. I was really little,but I loved watching her play her video games. It wasn't the first game but was kingdom hearts 2 and I remember just falling in love with it. Every chance I could I would beg her to play it just so that I could see what would happen next. I don't really remember much about it except twilight town and the land of dragons. A few years later, I was looking at some of our old ps2 game manuals (I swear I'm the only person I know who reads the game manual 20 times before playing the game) when I stumbled upon a little old game called kingdom hearts 2. Sadly though, our ps2 is broken from using it so much so I actually read the old kh manages in our public library. Since they didn't have the full series I was sorely confused. So finally when I got my youtube account, I watch gaming let's plays of my old favorite games. Klonoa 2 lunateas veil, legend of the dragoon, and I finally remembered that old game called kingdom hearts. I watched the intro and was immediately hooked. From then on, I. Was. A.gaming nerd. So that the quick version of how I got into kingdom hearts.

I first saw my cousin playing Kh com on the gba and was rather intrigued with a spikey haired dude with Disney characters. I started asking question about it and since I didn't played the first game ,I got even more confused . So my cousin then lend me the game for a few days and that's when I got hooked with the series.

Back in 2004, more or less, my father bought me KH1 (ironically, he's completely against videogames xD), and I tried it out. It was hard, not very good fun, etc. (I was only 6 or 7). Then I saw an advert of KH Chain of Memories + a GBA SP, and I remember that advert vividly, but I didn't buy it. A friend of mine had this game, though, and he showed it to me, and sometimes I would fight a few heartless for fun if he was around. I saw nothing about KH2, I don't know why, no adverts, no one playing it, nothing. Later, this same friend showed me KH 358/2 Days, and how you could play multiplayer, so we all started playing it. Without noticing, I was hooked into the series after Days XDD

I'm sure there's a similar thread around, but I was gifted the first game by a friend, if I recall correctly, in 2004 or so (shortly after I got a PS2). Then a few years later, got KH2 from same friend, and the rest has just been rolling.

There was a poll of the day a few months ago.

Edited by Xamtehwt MC (Trece)

Two friends of mine used to play Kingdom Hearts 1 and I had a little experience of the game.When Kingdom Hearts 2 got released I played it and I was super excited with it,so I continued playing the rest of the games!!!?

I don't remember exactly when it was but I was at least 8 years ago when to a friends house and he had the first Kingdom Hearts and he let me try to fight Ansem with no context on what the game was and as expected I got my shit pushed in and after we didn't play it again, then after about 6 months my cousins dad asked if I wanted to borrow this new game he's just finished playing and what do you know it was the first Kingdom Hearts and after borrowing it I was hooked (I still didn't beat Ansem until I got Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD remix years later)

Short story: In 2006 I entered a game shop and then I saw the front cover of Kingdom hearts 2 and I was struck by the characters mixed up with iconic Disney characters Mickey, Donald and Goofy. Then after reading the back cover I could not let go of the game and I wanted to play it so badly. Then when my birthday came I received the game as a birthday present. After that day I played KH2 on my PS2 every weekend even week I was so hooked into the story, gameplay and characters. After that I have been really drawn to the overall series and in 2010 I played the games in the right order to finally understand the story more. KH2 is the game that introduced me into the series and I play it every year.