Following the official start of E3 2016, Dengeki has posted a new interview with Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura focusing on the newly revealed Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue demo that premiered at E3 2016 as well as other details surrounding the game and it's development in conjunction with Kingdom Hearts III.
Here are a few snippets gathered from the interview.
- Even though the news is not incoming as quickly as fans would hope, development is not delayed
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- being the length of one world pertains more to the length of one world in Kingdom Hearts III. Tetsuya Nomura promises that this volume will be a decent length.
- The battle system in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- is a mixture of Birth by Sleep as well as Kingdom Hearts III; the command deck is not present but special attacks and such consume MP as they would in previous games like Kingdom Hearts II. Magic will effect the surrounding area, as previously talked about for Kingdom Hearts III. Using magic in different sequences will also create different effects on enemies (such as using Blizzard and then Thunder).
- Lighting is something they focused on a lot during design for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and Kingdom Hearts III even though it hasn't been much of a major focus previously in the series.
- Height within the playable features of the world is something that was also focused on for these games.
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD plays with 60 frames per second.
- A new Dream Eater is introduced in the version of Dream Drop Distance included in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue named Catnuki (or Pondanyan in Japanese) which is a combination of a cat and a racoon dog (more commonly known as a Tanuki)
- Tetsuya Nomura would like to give more Kingdom Hearts III news but at the moment it is important to focus on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue so he asks fans to please look forward to winter of this year for more news.
- Information will be released regularly from Autumn until launch in December for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
- Tetsuya Nomura is hoping to get a playable demo for their Japanese audience to experience.
Correction to the previous translation: Tetsuya Nomura talks about the possibility of another installment of TWEWY itself (as in a sequel) being difficult rather than it's involvement in the Kingdom Hearts series.
Some screenshots of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue were also included with the interview. You may find those below.
What are you most excited for in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue in relation to it's relationship with Kingdom Hearts III? Let us know in the comments!