Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Movie to be displayed during the first Kingdom Hearts World Tour Concert in Japan

During last month's Dengeki PlayStation interview with Kingdom Hearts series composer Yoko Shimomura, she was asked about the first concert of the Kingdom Hearts World Tour-taking place in Tokyo, Japan on March 10th in the Tokyo International Forum Hall. You can view the full interview here thanks to @goldpanner's translations!

One interesting piece of information to come out of this interview was when she stated there would be a movie displayed in the hall, supervised by series director Tetsuya Nomura.

—Was Mr. Nomura also involved in choosing the music?

Shimoura: I chose the music and created a setlist, which Mr. Tetsu checked for me, and then I'd listen to his requests and give my own opinions. That's the general flow of how we decided things. Since Mr. Tetsu and I both chose music with the same line of thinking—that we wanted to make our fans happy—I am confident in the setlist I have for you all. By the way, Mr. Tetsu had said he wanted the wind orchestra and the orchestra concert to have a "two in one" configuration. Mr. Tetsu is also the supervisor of the movie that is going to play in the hall, so please look forward to that.

What do you think this movie could be? Are you attending this concert or any of the other concerts? Let us know in the comments!

Click here to view the article

Hopefully nothing story related... we got enough places where the KH story is scattered -.- Knowing Nomura he would even make the concerts relevant to the story too...

Highlights would nice.

Yeah that Terra and Namine thing was insanely dumb. If it is in KH3 and we have to have heard the concert details to understand it that will be very annoying.

Most likely some Kingdom Hearts series highlights, like particular scenes that define the series. Really hope the other concerts get that too.

The DDD opening kind of did that, that is why it is a lot of people's favourite. It'd be awesome if the concert opened up with the hikari orchestra playing over the HD version of that opening.

Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

Hopefully nothing story related... we got enough places where the KH story is scattered -.- Knowing Nomura he would even make the concerts relevant to the story too...

Highlights would nice.

thats our nomura "80s sitcom music starts playing"

Most likely some Kingdom Hearts series highlights, like particular scenes that define the series. Really hope the other concerts get that too.

if I had to guess what would really define the series I would pick the moment when sora tells riku that his friends are his weapon that or just the ending of the first game.

Or maybe its just going to be a bunch of disney movie clips/from the game

I'm sure it was just a translation error.

I'm 99% sure that they're talking about the opening "movie" or "short movie" (3 minutes at most) for KH3.

Edited by Clouded Sun

I'm sure it was just a translation error.

I'm 99% sure that they're talking about the opening "movie" or "short movie" (3 minutes at most) for KH3.

Our translators are very good. Alas it could be a collection of older cinematics, one of the old openings or something new! We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

taking into account that the concert is around 2h long, maybe the whole 2h will be filled with cutscenes to match the music
I wonder about the recording...I asked the concert hall in Paris and they told me I wasn't allowed to record it myself...maybe they will release an official dvd afterwards hopefully

Our translators are very good. Alas it could be a collection of older cinematics, one of the old openings or something new! We'll just have to wait and see.

Whoops xD I read back, and thought by "movie", what was implied was a full feature film (Like Kingsglaive). My bad!

taking into account that the concert is around 2h long, maybe the whole 2h will be filled with cutscenes to match the music

I wonder about the recording...I asked the concert hall in Paris and they told me I wasn't allowed to record it myself...maybe they will release an official dvd afterwards hopefully

I do believe there are cinematics to accompany the music, not sure if it is the entire way through though.

I do believe there are cinematics to accompany the music, not sure if it is the entire way through though.

I don't know..when I find out next month I will tweet about it :) I have spoken to the kh13 team that I will post about the concert in Paris...gonna remind them 1 day prior to the concert

I don't know..when I find out next month I will tweet about it :) I have spoken to the kh13 team that I will post about the concert in Paris...gonna remind them 1 day prior to the concert

Sounds great! It will be interesting to see what is there :D.

I'm going to the concert in Paris. I hope they will show it outside Japan.

We all do! 

I'm thinking either a complitation or a montage of Kingdom Hearts, year 1 all the way to 15 years. ( A mixture of PS2 graphics, artworks, PS3 HD versions, DS/3DS graphics, PS4 regarding 2.8 and MAYBE a smidgen of KH3. Just a smidge...)  

Or maybe a Namine and Terra, thing from the first performance. It's probaby a no on this.

Knowing Nomura he is most likely going to hide a plot point exclusively for concert goers that the non-affluent/not lucky enough to live in same area fanbase will never in a million years be able to see for themselves. Seriously though, it's been almost two years where is that KH3 trailer that was shown at that fan event.