Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SRKTVAMDGRLXN

How can I be hyped for KH3 after THIS?

I mean, seriously? KH3 will have LESS DISNEY WORLDS THAN KH2? Yes, I know they'll have more content, but, come on. 1 of the top funniest things to do in KH games is exploring Disney worlds and they're reducing them? If the plot of the movies are the problem (since the worlds will be more involved in the story this time, right?), honestly, I wouldn't mind an original plot for all Disney worlds, but, please, don't do this kind of thing. It's heartbreaking. Guys, with all due respect to everybody in the KH community, but, this News has lowered my hype for KH3 cosmically. I believe that, for the first time ever, I'll be much more interested in the overall plot of the game than the story of each Disney world. :sad: :sad: :sad: : :'( : That is, unless you guys can give me a really, REALLY convincing conter argument for that to cheer me up.

PS: I understand DDD's case (where they did the exact same thing), but, at least, that was because of plot conveniences (7 sleeping keyholes must be unlocked and on...). Also, they're reducing exactly 1 of the top aspects that got the KH franchise so popular all these years: the fact that we can visit Disney worlds and Interact with its characters. Honestly, that doesn't make any sense.

Edited by SRKTVAMDGRLXN

Concerning the plot, I think it is great that the story for each world seems to line up with the overall story like in KH1. I don't know why you were more interested in the story for each world before, but I'm pretty sure they'll be better this time around. As for the game having less worlds, they are massive! Like have you seen Olympus. I'm pretty sure it's like 3 times the size of a KH1 world. There'll be much more to explore and to do so each Disney world will be a lot more enjoyable. It's a quality over quantity type of thing, which makes me happy personally. Just wait til the game comes out, you'll see then.

If you count Disney Castle and Timeless River separately, and if you count Atlantica and 100 Acre Wood, which are only minigame worlds, KH2 had 11 Disney worlds. Otherwise, you only had 8-9 Disney worlds with significant substance. (I guess there's Mysterious Tower too but that was part of Twilight Town in 2? So idk) So "less than KH2" could still be a decent amount.

But having less Disney worlds might mean there will be a greater number of original worlds present than in the past (Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, CO, Keyblade Graveyard, TWTNW, etc). Like, KH1 had... 3-4 original worlds, KH2 had 3, BBS had 2 + 2 not-even-that-much-stuff-in-them worlds + Destiny Islands which is only visited in cutscenes. Since this is the conclusion to the Xehanort Saga, there's probably gonna be a greater emphasis on the overall story.

Also, the Disney worlds having original stories (at least for the ones we've seen so far) already (hopefully) puts it ahead of most of the KH2 Disney worlds. The first visits were pretty slow imo and then you don't even have Org shenanigans for most until the second round.

if I'm not mistaken, there is 11 disney world in kh2 (including 100 acres and space paranoid), so less means we still have a lot of it and i wouldn't mind if its a new disney world, so far we have 3 new disney world and 1 revisit world (hercules) WITH NEW MAPS. So it doesn't matter to me, KH universe are expanding, it will be a chance to have midgar or shibuya to debut in kh3 and new kh worlds such as daybreak town.

I prefer to have less disney world with new worlds and new map for the old worlds rather than having new worlds with small map or revisit the same place. Plus, less than kh2 worlds means less than 11, nomura announced 4 disney worlds so far.. and expecting like 3 more revisit world and 2 - 3 new disney world, besides we can expect like 2 - 5 KH original world like twilight town, TWTNW, traverse, castle oblivion etc. so in summary, do look forward for more than 15 worlds in KH3.  :lol:

I get it, you love the Disney world aspect of the game & if that's what got you into the series then it'd kinda suck that there would be less worlds. But I'm actually ok with it for 2 reasons: 1) Honestly not every Disney movie would make a great world in the game. As much as we would love tons of worlds a lot movies just simply wouldn't work & the great worlds that we've already gotten have been done to death. 2) As a long time fan of this series(since i was 7) i like that fact that we're getting more original worlds because it kinda feels like the game is growing with its fans. I'm 24 years old now & as nostalgic as some worlds are(MEGA HYPED for Toy Story) some awesome original worlds my be better for some.

It didn't ruined my hype,but it is a bit disappointing for sure.It was always part of the fun to discover a new Disney world and see how it would work in a Kingdom Hearts game,to see Sora,Donald and Goofy interacting with the different characters.Personally I would have prefered more worlds,smaller well design worlds then fewer,but bigger worlds,but whatever I'm sure the game will be great anyway.

I do understand your concern about having less Disney Worlds in KH3.

But you should try to understand that Nomura wants to make each world unique in its own way. We're likely to get 10 Disney Worlds in KH3 (my guess), but each and everyone of them will be massive, with a lot of things to do and see!

Nomura also said today that he scrapped lots of worlds with the same thematics for the sake of making the worlds as unique as they could be! (i.e: Tangled and Brave are both medieval worlds, so Nomura probably chosen Tangled because of its popularity, as he also stated)

Just try and feel happy that at least we won't get short worlds like Olympus Coliseum itself in KH1, Disney Castle/Timeless River in KH2.

Sorry if my english is a little messed up, I haven't practiced in a while!

Yeaaahhh, no. You see, with there being like, 4 less Disney worlds, there's a chance that we won't be seeing repeats like Halloween Town or Agrabah, meaning Square will be making essential picks of Disney works we've been wanting to see. Since Kingdom Hearts II also introduced multiple Keyholes, and the Worlds in KHIII are appearing to be extremely massive and open, revisits could fill that hole. Just look at the Olympus Mountains, have you not seen how much variety in design and traverse there is in the world?

well if hearing KH3 would have less worlds was enough to take the wind out of your sails maybe you were never that hyped to begin with. i mean the game has other things to offer and what's so bad about having Disney worlds that are much more fine tuned?

sure we got a lot of worlds in previous numbered installments but honestly they weren't all that amazing. they're very shallow and empty. it's like you're watching a poor recreation of the Disney movies rather than actually experiencing them or diving into their worlds. at least with KH3 it looks like we may finally get Disney worlds that are fully realized, and if having less worlds helps that along then so be it. 

we don't even know the actual amount either so don't jump ship so soon. 

You can blame the inner workings of Square, the engine switch, and the fans' overwhelming amount of "WHERE'S KH3" and "trollmura lol" for that.
After the engine switch, the game's real development time after release will only have been about 3 years, which is enough for plenty of worlds but not nearly as much as KH2 considering the depth of them. Though it's an unpopular opinion, I'm personally hoping for a significant delay before release to hopefully add more worlds and/or refine the combat so that it plays better (not that it doesn't look good already, but it could improve).

This kinda news only convince me that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be much greater then I thought. After seeing the latest i'm sure that the worlds we do get will have a big environment and a large amount of content.

Remember that it is Kingdom Hearts 3. It's the last game of the Xehanort Saga. There is alot going on and so much to do outside the disney worlds. We've got:

- Riku and Mickey looking for Aqua ( and eventually for Ventus)

- Kairi and Lea are training to become keyblade wielders.

- The search to find a way to resurrect Roxas.

- Learning about the missing people of the Organization XIII

So there is already alot of content outside Disney worlds. So yes! Im so glad that there will be less disney worlds, because I want KH3 to be focussed on the main story that still has full of questions and so much to reveal.