Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

I don't believe that Aqua is a Xehanort

Absolutely. Also, it is illogical for people to think Aqua became a Xehanort. Everyone sees yellow eyes and immediately they say “oh Xehanort!” Aqua never was interesting to Master Xehanort and so was not considered. Also, she has said in 0.2 that she is losing her battle with the darkness as it is finding the cracks in her heart and taking advantage of them. And after being in the Realm or Darkness for about thirteen years, she was bound to eventually succumb to it.

The Aquanort theory really doesn't add up with what she said at the end of 0.2. Plus, It's not like Aqua at all to give in to someone like Xehanort. I strongly believe that this Aqua is just Mickey's doubts manifesting themselves into a physical form or a phantom of some sort. 

The Aquanort theory really doesn't add up with what she said at the end of 0.2. Plus, It's not like Aqua at all to give in to someone like Xehanort. I strongly believe that this Aqua is just Mickey's doubts manifesting themselves into a physical form or a phantom of some sort. 

I can already imagen how Aqua met Xehanort.

He Aqua

it can't be-

GOT YOU NOW YOU ARE PART OF ME NOW... Now please stay here a little longer to fight Riku:)

Beside that Xehanort never really showed any interest in Aqua in Birth By Sleep (he had his perverted eyes on young teenage boys afterall) but it could just be a phantom or a special kind of heartless or a manifistation of Mickey's greatest fear for all we know.

They only reason why people call her a 13th seeker of darkness is because of her eyes… And her dialoge BUT we don't know what happened there we don't know what happened prior to the confrontation so I'm not believing anything untill Nomura confirms it HIMSELF on a stream or just in a video interview or untill the game releases.

Well he might had no interest in her before but he is really trying to locate Ven so if he gets Aqua he gets Ven in a way... oh jeez.

I too suspect Phantom Aqua rather than possession. I also noticed some very subtle differences to her costume--in silhouette, her boots are missing their spikes at the back and her skirt pieces seem to be missing. When the shadows fade, the cross straps that are normally pink are black instead. We've never seen subtle costume changes from possession before. Either the outfits stay the same, like with Terra, or they change completely, like when Vanitas possessed Ven. 

And she DOESN'T have pointed ears. Look closely, they're rounded.

Edited by ChildOfTerra_FriendOfRiku

Tbh in this thread alone for the people saying she isn't a vessel, have out some embarrassingly bad support for it that I literally had to post on here for the first time in years. Like that's how bad the arguments for saying she isn't a nort is. Like yeah it's possible it's some RoD phantom created from Mickey's fears to mess with him but going "hurr durr darkness changed her appearance" when 1. This didn't happen to Riku and the Disney villains and 2. This dumb misconception got shot down years ago in the BBS ultimania when Nomura pretty much laid out how yellow eyes and pointy ears are signs of Xehanort hence the changes within Braig back then. So this whole "hurr durr yellow eyes = darkness" is literally wrong in every way.

P.S the today's trailer had Riku and Mickey in their new clothing return back to Yen Sid's without Aqua while Sora, Donald and Goofy presumably just cleared Olympus hence Sora still wearing his KH2 outfit. Like it could be misdirection but.....there's literally no gap for it to take place. I mean Aqua COULD have decided to split off from Riku and Mickey after escaping with them but like..... that seems dumb and illogical of her to do without checking in with them to Yen Sid.

Just food for thought and I'll probably not post again on here for a while but the responses on in this thread inspired me to get out of my cave. That's how bad the responses against Aqua being a nort were.

*runs back to cave*

I can honestly see this going either way. I feel like just another illusion would be kind of weak, but it’s definitely possible. Being a Nort also seems logical and would be a good twist. I personally like the idea that she has just been effected by the darkness from being in the RoD for so long. (Hence yellow eyes but not pointy ears). I think it could be any of those three really. Nomura likes his twists.

I do hope whatever it is, it goes deeper than the trailers are showing. I feel like there are some big confirmations on speculations and theories so far (returning characters etc) I just hope that these reveals don’t take all the surprise out of the game. I personally like playing games blind as much as I can so there is more shock impact. I’m still gonna watch the trailers, but it’s just surprised me how much they have just outright confirmed theories rather than making us think as a fandom and building hype.

Honestly I think people are stretching this "Aqua isn't a Xehanort!" thing.  I'm not against anyone's theories or trying to be rude but there is probably a 95% chance she is a Xehanort.  Like others have mentioned, the yellow eyes=darkness thing was dis-proven a long time ago, it is likely because Aqua has been stuck in the Realm of Darkness for so long that she started to become a very easy target to be turned into a Xehanort.  Xehanort may not have considered her at first but he's probably open to new ideas.  I mean, technically it COULD just be an illusion but at this point I'm really leaning towards her being a Xehanort.

Honestly I think people are stretching this "Aqua isn't a Xehanort!" thing.  I'm not against anyone's theories or trying to be rude but there is probably a 95% chance she is a Xehanort.  Like others have mentioned, the yellow eyes=darkness thing was dis-proven a long time ago, it is likely because Aqua has been stuck in the Realm of Darkness for so long that she started to become a very easy target to be turned into a Xehanort.  Xehanort may not have considered her at first but he's probably open to new ideas.  I mean, technically it COULD just be an illusion but at this point I'm really leaning towards her being a Xehanort.

I think this makes the most sense. She’s been weakened over time and would be an easy target. I really hope it isn’t an illusion. I think showing how strongly opposed Aqua was to Xehanort and the darkness and then the slow decay into dark throughout her post BBS appearances is a great counter for all of the characters who have changed to the light.

That all being said as I posted before I wouldn’t be surprised with any of these possibilities.

I wonder if this is indeed an illusion. I recall Young Xehanort saying "We originally had our sights set on you. But, you developed a certain... resistance to darkness." If Riku can develop an resistance to darkness only being exposed to it under Ansem's influence and his use of it in Castle Oblivion. Wouldn't you think that about 10 years in the Realm of Darkness being exposed to it yield the same results? Just a thought.

Edited by Goyan-Tanuki

I rather like the notion of a Norted Aqua, not only does it throw the assumption that her and Ven will be lights potentially out of the window, but has an emotional aspect too. Not only will it hit Mickey that he has failed, it will hit the likes of SRK as well who have a connection to her. Also it adds significant importance on other plot aspects such as Roxas etc and why they are needed to return to fulfil a role. 

Yes, it could be an illusion as they played a crucial aspect in 0.2, but think how much more significant Aqua-Xehanort would be. It directly impacts the characters and as players puts us in an emotional position. Who has any real issue with taking down the likes of Larxene, Ansem etc in battle? Whereas, not only would we feel hurt by having to potential strike her down, but so would whoever who had to fight her. That 'hurt' would not be easy to handle. 

If this is genuinely Aqua, I want to see how she was Norted. She's no weakling and it would be interesting to see what happened. Also this makes BBS slightly more cruel, where her transcendence to the Realm of Darkness was symbolic from her eventual fall from the light to the dark. 

I think this makes the most sense. She’s been weakened over time and would be an easy target. I really hope it isn’t an illusion. I think showing how strongly opposed Aqua was to Xehanort and the darkness and then the slow decay into dark throughout her post BBS appearances is a great counter for all of the characters who have changed to the light.

That all being said as I posted before I wouldn’t be surprised with any of these possibilities.

It would make much-more sense if everything in Blank Points and A Fragmentary Passage hadn't practically screamed, "SHE'S A DARKNESS-RESISTING TANK!"

If anything, the not-uncommon theory of her becoming Light Is Not Good (not unlike Eraqus) via blaming Darkness for everything it's caused her and her friends holds more weight than Aquanort.

I wonder if this is indeed an illusion. I recall Young Xehanort saying "We originally had our sights set on you. But, you developed a certain... resistance to darkness." If Riku can develop an resistance to darkness only being exposed to it under Ansem's influence and his use of it in Castle Oblivion. Wouldn't you think that about 10 years in the Realm of Darkness being exposed to it yield the same results? Just a thought.

Plothole is plothole.

Edited by Alan Smithee

^Yeah but 2.8 had her obviously struggling a lot even if she is good at resisting it.  But at the same time you are kind of right, it is a little odd she'd be turned into a Xehanort now.  Who knows though, it could be an illusion, I guess we'll have to wait and see.   :happy:   Although I like the idea of her being a Xehanort, I think it could be a very interesting plot point if done right.

I feel like there's more to that than we think. It could be that that's just a vision Mickey has, like he's terrified of failing and he dreams that or something. It could also very well be some kind of trick by Xehanort or Ansem. OrXemnas. Or Braig. Or one of the other members of the new Organization. 

Anyway, the point is I don't think Aqua is a host for Xehanort. There's more to that than meets the eye.

Who knows what's going on? We have to wait for more information. This is a story where they come up with stuff as they go after all (meaning, things change just because the writers want it to change, like the new pure hearts etc.)

Gotta say though, if she is "falling to darkness", Sora and gang better work their butts off trying to help her and not just replace her. I really hate the theory that she is gonna get replaced. It's not like she can't find middle ground like Riku. And I think Riku most of all would know better. But we shall see.

Nomura did say yellow eyes and pointy ears mean “Xehanort”. So that, combined with her dialogue make the “Aquanort theory” the most logical one.

Except for the fact that Aqua has NOT pointed ears. It’s realm of darkness’s influence. It was stated in a interview

Except for the fact that Aqua has NOT pointed ears. It’s realm of darkness’s influence. It was stated in a interview

Vanitas didn’t have pointy ears, Larxene doesn’t have pointy ears and same for Marluxia so that doesn’t prove anything. Nomura said she was under darkness’ influence in the interview. He never specified that it was the realm of darkness’ influence or Xehanort’s influence. We’ll see...

Guys, at this point we can't tell for sure what happened to Aqua: she has yellow eyes and her hair is changing into white, but she hasn't pointy ears. SO we can't tell if it's just because of the trasformation still undergoing or because she is only an illusion.

Well, guess we'll know it when we get to play the game!

Guys, at this point we can't tell for sure what happened to Aqua: she has yellow eyes and her hair is changing into white, but she hasn't pointy ears. SO we can't tell if it's just because of the trasformation still undergoing or because she is only an illusion.

Well, guess we'll know it when we get to play the game!

I think she's just an illusion, a representation of Mickey's fear of failure. But you're right; no way to know for sure until we play the game.