Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jump to content
  • Sign Up
The 13th moogle

Opinion on Kairi in KH3

Recommended Posts

Spoiler

So is no one gonna address the elephant in the room ? No one ? Ok guess I'll do it lets talk about Kairi in kh3 .....yea so Wtf was that? Seriously everyone is all sad about soras death (like he's not gonna come back) I'm more upset about Kairi the girl who's been with us since the beginning the character namora kept hyping up to play a more active role in kh3 got shafted again! I know I shouldn't be surprised he's done that before but I was just hoping this time would be different but nope , if you were just gonna shaft Kairi again then Wtf was the point of giving her a keyblade , having her be connected to aqua , giving her q secret ending and training if you were just gonna have her kidnapped again! Why namora! Why !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh totally I agree she was so snubbed. He really shouldn't of hyped her up if he was just gonna do this again. I heard people saying that they hope she gets a FFX-2 type game so she gets to finally shine like she should. Or even whatever DLC they're doing better be a Kairi segment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

i find it dumb to do that. they made her a damsel in distress again last-second and then rescued her off-screen. i bet the next game is going to show how Sora rescued her

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

This probably peed me off more than anything else in the game. It's super annoying. Now I gotta sit though even more comments about her being a useless character for another how many years for something that's not the character's fault, just bad writing. And so much build up too! I mean I guess they kinda tried but ugg.

 

7 minutes ago, FlipMode said:

Always been the least interesting "main character", at least KH3 stayed true to her character, in that she has none. 

She has character, just Nomura does not want to expand on it cause he want's to focus on the "bromance". Which in itself is fine but it's annoying when one of the literal MAIN CHARACTERS gets shoved to the side for it constantly. It's not the characters fault, it's Nomuras. She has a personality, it's just not expanded on.

Edited by Tyranto Rex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

never really understood nor felt any kind of hype around kairi, nor that she ever was a main character, she never was written as such.

she's the literal damsel, the carot on the stick to spur things into action at the beginning of the journey, but if she has her role -that is being the motivation for Sora and kind of a heavily implied "love" interest, that's pretty much all she's always been. sure she has personality,she had to so she could be likable to Sora and the player, but what did everyone expect?

that suddenly because she'd train for a while she'd come blazing and beat everyone and be on par with the others? even Axel struggles and he has precedents to his credit. it would have looked way more awkward for her to beat everything around and to her credits she already holds herself in quite a good chunk of the final battle. That and her guiding Sora as well.

 

she never was hyped beyond that, all we had was the secret ending telling us exactly what we got, she trained to be one of the 7 guardians. never heard anything else from the devs, if she was going to be playable or anything, and the role she has is already a step up from previously just waiting home. that was her development, actually standing next to Sora and friends, rather that behind, and helping as much as she could.

kairi was never going to be more than that, she is solely the reason Sora fights and is what he is. and that's already quite the role she has in the end.

now maybe in next KH titles she'll actually be presented as really being part of the crew, but until then, i fail to see what more they could have done with her.

giving her more scenes with her swinging the keyblade? maybe against the heartless why not, but after that she's still up against OrgXIII. either she would have looked OP or they would have ended up looking pathetic, that's why she was only shown against Xion imo.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

well she did everything she was set out to do in KH3, and her overall popularity is testimony of her being great and badass without needing to wield the keyblade to begin with, because she had that tie with aqua, because of her being a princess of heart, on top of having our sympathy and love because we related to Sora liking her as a character,

i'll add she has way more merits as a whole in her overall development to still appear on such a battlefield right off the bat,

despite her not being fully prepared, despite knowing she couldn't stand a decent chance anyway, just because she wanted to be by Sora's side from now on. it made much more sense than to see her shine as a keyblade wielder out of nowhere just for the sake of it being flashy,

that being said i'll agree it would have been cool to have say a scene or two of her and Axel training for example, acknowledge that she's getting better but isn't just there yet. hell the others are either Masters, Master potentials, OG union leader, how was she supposed to stand up next to these guys, in such a short time. i'm glad nomura didn't turn her into some mary sue, she's far too good a character to be wasted like that.

now i can't wait for her to shine in an upcoming game that's for sure. especially with Sora being the one missing now, there's potential to have her play a significant lead role this time around. but again it all depends on the story they'll be telling.

 

 

Edited by sorakm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

I think most of her problems as a character could be easily solved if she interacted with characters other than Sora and sometimes Riku. Like I know she has some scenes with Axel but it was not really a lot. Or they could make her playable in either DLC or a "side game" cause that would surely help. I won't give up hope unless someone on the development team says "Nope, never gonna do much with her, sorry. :D"  But it's starting to get pretty frustrating. I'll admit her in this game was much better than in KH2, so I guess small steps? I think people like Skywing are being a bit harsh on her. Like she was far from worthless, just quite a bit underwelming (and she's honestly not the only character that was) and that ending with her was a huge slap to the face, but at the same time she did do something that only she can do. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

could have been fun to see more of her, sure,
well she did interact with aqua as well, although it was indeed logical for her not to remember their encounter,

as for the others she knows basically no one in the end and when they all pop together it's time to battle so there's no time to interact, she doesn't see roxas and naminé's still not around.

again i get the appeal and expectation, i myself would love to play as kairi just as i enjoyed the ride with aqua as it's a nice change of pace and i personally tend to prefer female characters, but it wouldn't make any sense in kh3 to have her endorse any bigger role,

people are being harsh with her because of hype and expectations they set for themselves,  she never was worthless neither is she useless in kh3, but she's definitely overwhelmed by what's going on, rightfully so.

it's not so much about what people want to see her do rather than what it makes sense to have her actually do.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tyranto Rex said:
  Spoilers (Hide contents)

This probably peed me off more than anything else in the game. It's super annoying. Now I gotta sit though even more comments about her being a useless character for another how many years for something that's not the character's fault, just bad writing. And so much build up too! I mean I guess they kinda tried but ugg.

 

She has character, just Nomura does not want to expand on it cause he want's to focus on the "bromance". Which in itself is fine but it's annoying when one of the literal MAIN CHARACTERS gets shoved to the side for it constantly. It's not the characters fault, it's Nomura's. She has a personality, it's just not expanded on.

I can see Nomura focusing on the "bromance" aspect.  I mean, it's easier for him since Kingdom Hearts has always been a kid friendly series and I am not even sure if he can even write a coherent romance between two of the main characters.  The series is also focused on friendship so that might fly in the face having two of his main characters pair off (even though Kairi and Sora are in their late teens and have been hinted at as having romantic feelings for each other).  We still have many unanswered questions like what happened to Sora/Riku/Kairi's families and how they were affected by their kids missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I can see Nomura focusing on the "bromance" aspect.  I mean, it's easier for him since Kingdom Hearts has always been a kid friendly series and I am not even sure if he can even write a coherent romance between two of the main characters.  The series is also focused on friendship so that might fly in the face having two of his main characters pair off (even though Kairi and Sora are in their late teens and have been hinted at as having romantic feelings for each other).  We still have many unanswered questions like what happened to Sora/Riku/Kairi's families and how they were affected by their kids missing.

I laughed at how useless she was in the final battle. All that training with Lea and nothing to show for it. I hope she gets stronger in future titles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fates Chance XIII said:

 

  Hide contents

 

You know, at first i was pretty pissed too, and I still am a little but I dont HATE what they did with her honestly. Because people are right. If she came out guns blazing super capable and all it wouldnt make much sense since so little time has passed. And lets not forget Lea sucks with his keyblade too!

Remember how awesome he was with his chakrams in KH2 and Days? I was really expecting Lea to come out with his keyblade and kick butt but they stuck to their guns with keeping him slightly better than Kairi but still not great.

And the game acknowledges this. In the journal there is a passage that says something like, "Both Kairi and Lea are new to the keyblade and in the battle it showed" It is owning the fact that they suck right now.

Though why Axel couldnt just summon his chakrams if he could fight so much better with them i dont know. Maybe after getting his keyblade he cant?? But after he returned to being human in 3D he did and even if his chakrams transformed into his keyblade, riku could still summon soul eater so *shruggs*

Side note, Lea could also summon dark corridors as a human too which i find interesting since Ienzo says it is beyond their capability after returning to human. Which we know Riku could with Ansem still having a hold on his heart, and lost the ability once he was gone. But Lea doesn't belong to the dark either so that is now a plot hole...but i digress.

I will say this til the end of my days that I wish Sora had gone on his power up adventure in KH3 with Lea and Kairi instead of Donald and Goofy! Make up some reason they cant go, have them be helping Riku and the king, have them be helping Yen Sid or IDK make something else up. 

Just imagine Sora and co coming back from Olympus and Yen Sid saying, "Donald, Goofy, I have an important mission for you, so you cannot accompany Sora on his quest."

"BUT SORA CANT DO THIS ON HIS OWN!"

"Who said he would be alone..."

Lea and Kairi walk in.

L- "Sorry we're late!"

*everyone surprised*

S-"Are you trained up enough? You're all still learning-"

L-"Only so much you can learn in training. Best way to learn is by doing, got it memorized? So it's out to the field we go. We've got the basics down, and I'm sure you'll make an excellent teacher" 

K- nodding, "We'll be fast learners, promise!"

JUST IMAGINE HOW GREAT THAT WOULD'VE BEEN! 

Have them suck with sora to start! Have them get knocked out all the time. Have them slowly, glacially get better as time goes on. 

That would've made everything so much more meaningful at the end and gave Sora and Kairi way more time together to actually ya know show chemistry and stuff. And it would've been really cool to have Lea get more time to develope his relationship with the both of them. 

Could you imagine the lanterns scene with Lea reading the mood and walking off to give them alone time? And then the heartless attacking and it just being them two since Lea is off somewhere else?

Or Eugenes death with Sora taking Kairis hand, and them just leaning againstvome another because they know that that could be them at the end of this fight. 

A cute Kairi toy figure!

The list goes on! 

Imagine Kairis death after all that development! I bet we all wouldve been just crying our eyes out! They finally get the adventure they always wanted, they finally get to fight ong side each other and then she's taken away.

I dont think having Kairi suck is the problem, it's having had no development in between KH2 and that moment in KH3. We didnt get enough time with her to see that even though she still sucked by that point in the game that she adventured with us and TRIED HER BEST. Maybe saved Soras butt a few times on his journey and even though she was still new to the keyblade she was fighting just as hard as Sora.

Which it seems they were self aware about her and Leas suckyness in the game that it almost makes me believe that they are going to acknowledge it in a future title and either make her the protagonist- so as to redeem herself after what happened in the War- or a party member or something.

Just imagine a Kairi game where she teams up with Lea and Isa on a quest to find their missing friends.

Or a BBS style game where everyone is out looking and you get like 2 or 3 groups to see what's happening from different perspectives with the playable character being the more main of the group.

 

 

 

Spoiler

i must admit that would have been such a great thing to do, having lea and kairi instead of donald and goofy, although i do get why they went with them still in the end. it was the OG trio after all the original KH band. plus disney might have something to do with it as well and i so can see people crying about the change... but having them paired together since the beginning, having sora and kairi visiting disney worlds and bonding even more,and then having xehanort slice her down still and then for the final showdown donald and goofy coming back like they did and the three half pots finally together like that...now that would have been epic as well.... well, it is what it is,

 

Edited by sorakm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

1 minute ago, ienzo628 said:

I can see Nomura focusing on the "bromance" aspect.  I mean, it's easier for him since Kingdom Hearts has always been a kid friendly series and I am not even sure if he can even write a coherent romance between two of the main characters.  The series is also focused on friendship so that might fly in the face having two of his main characters pair off (even though Kairi and Sora are in their late teens and have been hinted at as having romantic feelings for each other).  We still have many unanswered questions like what happened to Sora/Riku/Kairi's families and how they were affected by their kids missing.

I'm completely on board with the friendship aspect. Heck, I don't even need Kairi and Sora to be a couple, it's just that Kairi tends to get pushed to the side a lot and becomes a third wheel to the two boys. And yes, we need to know what happened to there parents. :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sagman12PC said:
Spoiler

I laughed at how useless she was in the final battle. All that training with Lea and nothing to show for it. I hope she gets stronger in future titles

 

 

I am not even sure Nomura knows how to write Kairi as a powerful character.  I mean, all we seen her do is be a POH that rescued Sora from the darkness in KH and wait patiently for the boy she unknowingly forgot due to Organization XIII's meddling.  We barely know anything about her since she's always seemed to got shafted by the other KH female leads.  I hope we do get a game where she pretty much has to go on a quest to get Sora back.  We rarely see females go on such quests to save their male loved ones/love interests.  The only ones I can think of are Fatal Frame 1 where the main character goes searching for her older brother after his disappearance in a secluded haunted mansion.  But, I don't know if Nomura wants to tell that sort of story.  Would anyone be interested in some female character going from Disney world to Disney world, interacting with the people her friend/love interest met and hoping to get some sort of closure in what she missed out on and somehow finding some solution to bring him back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fates Chance XIII said:

 

  SPOILERS: Click to reveal

 

You know, at first i was pretty pissed too, and I still am a little but I dont HATE what they did with her honestly. Because people are right. If she came out guns blazing super capable and all it wouldnt make much sense since so little time has passed. And lets not forget Lea sucks with his keyblade too!

Remember how awesome he was with his chakrams in KH2 and Days? I was really expecting Lea to come out with his keyblade and kick butt but they stuck to their guns with keeping him slightly better than Kairi but still not great.

And the game acknowledges this. In the journal there is a passage that says something like, "Both Kairi and Lea are new to the keyblade and in the battle it showed" It is owning the fact that they suck right now.

Though why Axel couldnt just summon his chakrams if he could fight so much better with them i dont know. Maybe after getting his keyblade he cant?? But after he returned to being human in 3D he did and even if his chakrams transformed into his keyblade, riku could still summon soul eater so *shruggs*

Side note, Lea could also summon dark corridors as a human too which i find interesting since Ienzo says it is beyond their capability after returning to human. Which we know Riku could with Ansem still having a hold on his heart, and lost the ability once he was gone. But Lea doesn't belong to the dark either so that is now a plot hole...but i digress.

I will say this til the end of my days that I wish Sora had gone on his power up adventure in KH3 with Lea and Kairi instead of Donald and Goofy! Make up some reason they cant go, have them be helping Riku and the king, have them be helping Yen Sid or IDK make something else up. 

Just imagine Sora and co coming back from Olympus and Yen Sid saying, "Donald, Goofy, I have an important mission for you, so you cannot accompany Sora on his quest."

"BUT SORA CANT DO THIS ON HIS OWN!"

"Who said he would be alone..."

Lea and Kairi walk in.

L- "Sorry we're late!"

*everyone surprised*

S-"Are you trained up enough? You're all still learning-"

L-"Only so much you can learn in training. Best way to learn is by doing, got it memorized? So it's out to the field we go. We've got the basics down, and I'm sure you'll make an excellent teacher" 

K- nodding, "We'll be fast learners, promise!"

JUST IMAGINE HOW GREAT THAT WOULD'VE BEEN! 

Have them suck with sora to start! Have them get knocked out all the time. Have them slowly, glacially get better as time goes on. 

That would've made everything so much more meaningful at the end and gave Sora and Kairi way more time together to actually ya know show chemistry and stuff. And it would've been really cool to have Lea get more time to develope his relationship with the both of them. 

Could you imagine the lanterns scene with Lea reading the mood and walking off to give them alone time? And then the heartless attacking and it just being them two since Lea is off somewhere else?

Or Eugenes death with Sora taking Kairis hand, and them just leaning againstvome another because they know that that could be them at the end of this fight. 

A cute Kairi toy figure!

The list goes on! 

Imagine Kairis death after all that development! I bet we all wouldve been just crying our eyes out! They finally get the adventure they always wanted, they finally get to fight ong side each other and then she's taken away.

I dont think having Kairi suck is the problem, it's having had no development in between KH2 and that moment in KH3. We didnt get enough time with her to see that even though she still sucked by that point in the game that she adventured with us and TRIED HER BEST. Maybe saved Soras butt a few times on his journey and even though she was still new to the keyblade she was fighting just as hard as Sora.

Which it seems they were self aware about her and Leas suckyness in the game that it almost makes me believe that they are going to acknowledge it in a future title and either make her the protagonist- so as to redeem herself after what happened in the War- or a party member or something.

Just imagine a Kairi game where she teams up with Lea and Isa on a quest to find their missing friends.

Or a BBS style game where everyone is out looking and you get like 2 or 3 groups to see what's happening from different perspectives with the playable character being the more main of the group.

Like: (first name is the playable)

Kairi, Lea, Isa

Kairi, Riku, Roxas

Kairi, Xion and Roxas

Roxas, Axel, Xion and Isa (that would be hilarious)

Axel, Isa and Roxas

Just Axel and Isa.

Or some combination thereof.

That would be amazing! 

It feels like her and Leas sucking was some sort of set up for later development. Making KH3 more of a bridge to that next arc than an ending to her current arc.

 

 

 

 

 

26 minutes ago, sorakm said:
  SPOILERS: Click to reveal

 

could have been fun to see more of her, sure,
well she did interact with aqua as well, although it was indeed logical for her not to remember their encounter,

as for the others she knows basically no one in the end and when they all pop together it's time to battle so there's no time to interact, she doesn't see roxas and naminé's still not around.

again i get the appeal and expectation, i myself would love to play as kairi just as i enjoyed the ride with aqua as it's a nice change of pace and i personally tend to prefer female characters, but it wouldn't make any sense in kh3 to have her endorse any bigger role,

people are being harsh with her because of hype and expectations they set for themselves,  she never was worthless neither is she useless in kh3, but she's definitely overwhelmed by what's going on, rightfully so.

it's not so much about what people want to see her do rather than what it makes sense to have her actually do.

 

 

Spoiler

I'm fine with Donald and Goofy personally cause I feel something would be missing if they suddenly were somewhere else. But yeah I'm starting to feel a little better about the whole situation. Not completely though but better than originally cause I was so pissed. But Kairi might have just been put in a no win situation on the bat along with Axel due to not really having the same training as everyone else, with Sora and Riku being basically self trained. Like they were probably just training with some orbs or something in what looks like a pretty peaceful envirement and then suddenly they are up against a whole league of evil cause Yen Sid thought they might be ready. I just feel they could have shown it better though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

 

  Hide contents

I am not even sure Nomura knows how to write Kairi as a powerful character.  I mean, all we seen her do is be a POH that rescued Sora from the darkness in KH and wait patiently for the boy she unknowingly forgot due to Organization XIII's meddling.  We barely know anything about her since she's always seemed to got shafted by the other KH female leads.  I hope we do get a game where she pretty much has to go on a quest to get Sora back.  We rarely see females go on such quests to save their male loved ones/love interests.  The only ones I can think of are Fatal Frame 1 where the main character goes searching for her older brother after his disappearance in a secluded haunted mansion.  But, I don't know if Nomura wants to tell that sort of story.  Would anyone be interested in some female character going from Disney world to Disney world, interacting with the people her friend/love interest met and hoping to get some sort of closure in what she missed out on and somehow finding some solution to bring him back.

 

I would very much love to play that game, yos!

Edited by Fates Chance XIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

 

  Hide contents

I am not even sure Nomura knows how to write Kairi as a powerful character.  I mean, all we seen her do is be a POH that rescued Sora from the darkness in KH and wait patiently for the boy she unknowingly forgot due to Organization XIII's meddling.  We barely know anything about her since she's always seemed to got shafted by the other KH female leads.  I hope we do get a game where she pretty much has to go on a quest to get Sora back.  We rarely see females go on such quests to save their male loved ones/love interests.  The only ones I can think of are Fatal Frame 1 where the main character goes searching for her older brother after his disappearance in a secluded haunted mansion.  But, I don't know if Nomura wants to tell that sort of story.  Would anyone be interested in some female character going from Disney world to Disney world, interacting with the people her friend/love interest met and hoping to get some sort of closure in what she missed out on and somehow finding some solution to bring him back.

 

Spoiler

 

that was basically what he had aqua do...moving from D world to D world looking for terra trying to prevent him from giving into the darkness.

not seeing kairi as a strong character is quite sad, especially after going on and saying she's basically the one rescuing the hero.. time and time again.

if she was so shoved on the side no one would care about her at all. that being said and as i said earlier, i'd be totally on board for a game where she is playable, especially with how kh3 ends that could make sense to have her embark on a journey to find him back, even if riku will prolly be the best bet in the end, but that remains to be seen.

either way kairi always was a main plot point, and has nothing to envy to other female counterparts, save for aqua who got her own story to go with because it needed to be told.

 

 

1 hour ago, Tyranto Rex said:

 

  Hide contents

I'm fine with Donald and Goofy personally cause I feel something would be missing if they suddenly were somewhere else. But yeah I'm starting to feel a little better about the whole situation. Not completely though but better than originally cause I was so pissed. But Kairi might have just been put in a no win situation on the bat along with Axel due to not really having the same training as everyone else, with Sora and Riku being basically self trained. Like they were probably just training with some orbs or something in what looks like a pretty peaceful envirement and then suddenly they are up against a whole league of evil cause Yen Sid thought they might be ready. I just feel they could have shown it better though.

 

i agree it would have been interesting to see them train, i know the thought came to me as i watched the cinematics of them chatting together, yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sorakm said:
Spoiler

 

that was basically what he had aqua do...moving from D world to D world looking for terra trying to prevent him from giving into the darkness.

not seeing kairi as a strong character is quite sad, especially after going on and saying she's basically the one rescuing the hero.. time and time again.

if she was so shoved on the side no one would care about her at all. that being said and as i said earlier, i'd be totally on board for a game where she is playable, especially with how kh3 ends that could make sense to have her embark on a journey to find him back, even if riku will prolly be the best bet in the end, but that remains to be seen.

either way kairi always was a main plot point, and has nothing to envy to other female counterparts, save for aqua who got her own story to go with because it needed to be told.

 

 

 

I mean, it would be a good excuse to revisit some of the old worlds Sora went to.  I can probably see Kairi visiting Agrabah, Wonderland, and Beast's Castle first since that's where some of the ex-POH are and they have more of a connection to Sora than say Cinderella, Aurora, and Snow White do.  Though I don't think Nomura really wants us to re-visit those worlds again since their plots are mostly done, well save for Agrabah's.  Nomura could probably reduce them to cutscenes or at least have Cassim hand over the staff that contains the Oracle to give Kairi's answer on how to get back Sora.  Though the Oracle can only answer one question, I don't know if that will be a waste or not.  Have Kairi battle the Forty Thieves, Sa'luk, Maleficent and whoever the next antagonist is battle it out just so one of them can get a measly one question answered.

And, once Kairi gets her leads, she might end up visiting some of the worlds that we visited in KH3.  But that would get in the way of newer Disney properties being included since Kairi is pretty much visiting Sora's old stomping grounds.  Though I don't see much use in her actually going to new worlds where Sora has never been.  The people there wouldn't be much of help.  They will just ask, "Who is this Sora that you speak of?"

18 minutes ago, Tyranto Rex said:
  SPOILERS: Click to reveal

 

I'm completely on board with the friendship aspect. Heck, I don't even need Kairi and Sora to be a couple, it's just that Kairi tends to get pushed to the side a lot and becomes a third wheel to the two boys. And yes, we need to know what happened to there parents. :P

 

What happened to their parents?  Were they like Kairi just staying on the islands waiting for their kids to return?  How were Sora's parents affected in KH2 in that they couldn't remember their own son for over a year or so?  Why did none of them go out looking for them and if they did find out what their kids were up to, wouldn't they want King Mickey and Yen Sid's head on a silver platter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

 

  Hide contents

I mean, it would be a good excuse to revisit some of the old worlds Sora went to.  I can probably see Kairi visiting Agrabah, Wonderland, and Beast's Castle first since that's where some of the ex-POH are and they have more of a connection to Sora than say Cinderella, Aurora, and Snow White do.  Though I don't think Nomura really wants us to re-visit those worlds again since their plots are mostly done, well save for Agrabah's.  Nomura could probably reduce them to cutscenes or at least have Cassim hand over the staff that contains the Oracle to give Kairi's answer on how to get back Sora.  Though the Oracle can only answer one question, I don't know if that will be a waste or not.  Have Kairi battle the Forty Thieves, Sa'luk, Maleficent and whoever the next antagonist is battle it out just so one of them can get a measly one question answered.

And, once Kairi gets her leads, she might end up visiting some of the worlds that we visited in KH3.  But that would get in the way of newer Disney properties being included since Kairi is pretty much visiting Sora's old stomping grounds.  Though I don't see much use in her actually going to new worlds where Sora has never been.  The people there wouldn't be much of help.  They will just ask, "Who is this Sora that you speak of?"

What happened to their parents?  Were they like Kairi just staying on the islands waiting for their kids to return?  How were Sora's parents affected in KH2 in that they couldn't remember their own son for over a year or so?  Why did none of them go out looking for them and if they did find out what their kids were up to, wouldn't they want King Mickey and Yen Sid's head on a silver platter?

 

Spoiler

 

yes i'll agree it wouldn't be much use to have kairi do the same journey as Sora,

moving forward, and thinking of a game where she would embark on her journey to find Sora, she would have to follow riku as she's no master yet.
if we want to be consistent -well as consistent as a kh game can be-

with sora lost, the only logical choice to rescue him is a Master that can reach him with the power of waking. that's a power that would take kairi quite a while to get. so even if i would like to see her have this keyblade wielder role and play as her, riku would be the best choice there again, because i don't see her telling his best friend to hold off just so she can train and save him herself.

though through some crazy nomura shinanigans her heart could reach and blabla kh magic and make it all just work for her to be the one to save sora due to their bond.

 

but all this would make kairi and such visit new locations altogether,  as as you pointed out there would be no use in her walking in sora's footstep

after all she has to be the greatest connection with sora's heart, seconded by riku,so^^

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sorakm said:
Spoiler

 

yes i'll agree it wouldn't be much use to have kairi do the same journey as Sora,

moving forward, and thinking of a game where she would embark on her journey to find Sora, she would have to follow riku as she's no master yet.
if we want to be consistent -well as consistent as a kh game can be-

with sora lost, the only logical choice to rescue him is a Master that can reach him with the power of waking. that's a power that would take kairi quite a while to get. so even if i would like to see her have this keyblade wielder role and play as her, riku would be the best choice there again, because i don't see her telling his best friend to hold off just so she can train and save him herself.

though through some crazy nomura shinanigans her heart could reach and blabla kh magic and make it all just work for her to be the one to save sora due to their bond.

 

but all this would make kairi and such visit new locations altogether,  as as you pointed out there would be no use in her walking in sora's footstep

after all she has to be the greatest connection with sora's heart, seconded by riku,so^^

 

 

 

 

Kairi's also a princess of heart.  Well, at least she used to be.  She did manage to bring Sora back and I can see her probably seeking out the former POH or the new Princesses of Heart

in possibly having a stronger chance of rescuing Sora.  But I just wonder if Nomura is willing to re-visit some of the old princesses in the hopes of them at least offering something that could bring Sora back.

I can possibly see Riku and Kairi going on two different missions.  Both trying to bring Sora back in their own ways. 

Kairi's use of being a POH and Riku's Power of Awakening.  In the end, they could combine both to guide Sora back to them.  I just think Nomura is kind of forgetting the POH, especially the two sets of them.  I really don't want to see old plot points discarded in favor of new ones.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

 

  SPOILERS: Click to reveal

Kairi's also a princess of heart.  Well, at least she used to be.  She did manage to bring Sora back and I can see her probably seeking out the former POH or the new Princesses of Heart

in possibly having a stronger chance of rescuing Sora.  But I just wonder if Nomura is willing to re-visit some of the old princesses in the hopes of them at least offering something that could bring Sora back.

I can possibly see Riku and Kairi going on two different missions.  Both trying to bring Sora back in their own ways. 

Kairi's use of being a POH and Riku's Power of Awakening.  In the end, they could combine both to guide Sora back to them.  I just think Nomura is kind of forgetting the POH, especially the two sets of them.  I really don't want to see old plot points discarded in favor of new ones.

 

Spoiler

 

well i wouldn't say he is forgetting them as we are basically visiting the new POH in kh3, as they still were relevant in the plot at hand, that being the 13 darknesses vs the 7 pure lights

but for better or worse that's "all" they are, so with Xehanort defeated, there's nothing to do with them anymore apart from giving them some new hidden powers yet again backtracking things. plus the former ones aren't anymore, so,

it is somehow implied in kh3 that Kairi is still one, hence making her one of the 7 lights, i wonder if that's not the case more than her wielding the keyblade.

but that's a plot point that's already been used, and that would feel very farfetched to basically having kairi redoing KH1 all other again looking for POHs because reasons. especially the former ones, as these worlds, agrabah, beast's castle, alice and such have been milked to death and it would feel awful and undeserving of Kairi to have her revisit such worlds

 

i don'tknow, maybe have her go on some adventure, visiting places just to gain experience, have her travel with aqua and such, to become stronger, sure, but the POH part has already served its purpose imo and there's only so much that can be done with that again and again.

 

 

Edited by sorakm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sorakm said:
  Hide contents

 

well i wouldn't say he is forgetting them as we are basically visiting the new POH in kh3, as they still were relevant in the plot at hand, that being the 13 darknesses vs the 7 pure lights

but for better or worse that's "all" they are, so with Xehanort defeated, there's nothing to do with them anymore apart from giving them some new hidden powers yet again backtracking things. plus the former ones aren't anymore, so,

it is somehow implied in kh3 that Kairi is still one, hence making her one of the 7 lights, i wonder if that's not the case more than her wielding the keyblade.

but that's a plot point that's already been used, and that would feel very farfetched to basically having kairi redoing KH1 all other again looking for POHs because reasons. especially the former ones, as these worlds, agrabah, beast's castle, alice and such have been milked to death and it would feel awful and undeserving of Kairi to have her revisit such worlds

 

i don'tknow, maybe have her go on some adventure, visiting places just to gain experience, have her travel with aqua and such, to become stronger, sure, but the POH part has already served its purpose imo and there's only so much that can be done with that again and again.

 

 

I just feel like the power of awakening is just some nonsense that Nomura came up with because he really wanted to tie UX and KH3 together and not have to expand upon the POH anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

 

  Hide contents

I just feel like the power of awakening is just some nonsense that Nomura came up with because he really wanted to tie UX and KH3 together and not have to expand upon the POH anymore.

 

Spoiler

 

i'd argue that's pretty much what he's been doing since KH1,coming up with nonsense, it doesn't always makes sense in and of itself but it works in the grand scheme of it all. Same for the POH, and concerning these ones, their sole purpose was to give the 7 lights needed to craft the Xblade, don't know what else he'd add to them in the end, they have pure lights fine, what else? how could he expand of them?

whatever he'd bring up for them would be just another nonsense power that'd feel forced, where at least the power of waking expanded on something we knew not much about and which is much more central to the core story, that being the keyblades and their wielders.

plus the POH as a plot device it's been milked, both in its application and in its ties to Disney worlds.  there's not an infinite number of them either (though he could always make original ones like kairi), and we had them and their worlds in so many titles already, at this point it's milking a dry cow, proof be told it sort of felt flat on its face in KH3, even with the "new" POH as back ups for potential lights for the OrgXIII to use. no one in the game cares for them anymore and even more so as Xehanort's saga's over. their venue was at most accidental, oh anna and the other one are now POHs, count me surprised as if they were going to be useful at some point in KH3.

what i fear is that now that they've established them as such, dunno what he'll do with it.

i personally feel it's time to move on, and even break away from Disney even more, it's not the Disney part that kept people interested other the years, and with how many things Nomura told with this universe, expanding on it like he did, it wouldn't hurt to focus on these stories solely rather than having Disney ones we already know about get intertwined for the sake of keeping the original formula

but hey as for KH separating itself from Disney more, that's really just my personal opinion on the subject matter in the end,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...