Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
MarkXIIII

Why DDD destroyed what KHIII could have been

I’ve been revisiting the several plot-difficulties of Dream Drop Distance lately and I come to the ONLY possible conclusion that makes sense and explains everything about this game:

IT JUST DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL!!!

Besides being the worst game in the series due to its being rushed extremely, this game’s plot and other inconsistencies that became major flaws due to the rewritings done by this horrible game.

Here I’m going to explain why Nomura’s only chance to save Kingdom Hearts III is to pretend DDD never happened while showing all major flaws this game brought to the series and even its own plot in chronological sequence:

• Mysterious Tower: Yen Sid summons Riku and Sora to take the Mark of Mastery. So far so good but the contradicting starts right here: according to what we have seen in the “Reconnect KH” endings in Coded and BbS, Mickey’s letter was addressed to Sora exclusively, Riku asks whether Sora has made a decision yet, Sora says yes because his tormented connected friends really need him and Kairi asks him to return soon. FLAW-TIME: How can ONE letter tell Sora about the Data-scape, torments of the hearts connected Sora doesn’t even remember AND invite Sora as well as Riku to the Exam?? And why on earth don’t they take Kairi with them??
  • Destiny Islands: Exam begins: Of course, the boys accept the exam and Yen sends them BACK IN TIME to enter the realm of sleep. WHY does he have those powers while Xehanort needs so many other loopholes. Couldn’t Xehanort just send his companions back in time just like Yen Sid did?? Come On, Nomura MAJOR FLAW NR 1!!! Anyway. The boys are back in time and 14/15 years old again. (WHY doesn’t Sora’s voice resemble his voice back at that time??) Next thing is they MEET Ursula! How come Ursula is in the picture?? And WHY does she want revenge?? If they really were back in time AND IF Ursula were swimming in those seas HOW could she have the Trident and powers she would steal through Ariel way later after D.Islands fell to darkness?? And How can she want revenge for Sora defeating her BEFORE he even met her??? OK, try to ignore it all. BUT why Is there a Keyhole in the Islands?? Destiny Islands has not fallen to darkness yet and was clearly restored at the end of KH1. WHY, Nomura, why a keyhole for SLEEPING worlds trapped in sleep?? So, trying to make sense of that mess still we do not count this keyhole as one of the 7 but rather as Entrance gate to that sleeping realm.
  • Traverse Town: Ignoring the rebuilding the town has undergone and ignoring the fact that the Heroes’ outfits changed, WHY are the boys still 14/15? According to official explanations they traveled back to the present…and should at least have their 15/16 bodies… Another theory is that the person entering dreams is in the time the dream is taken from. BUT this gives way to MAJOR FLAW 2: time travel isn’t even needed, we can just go to any sleeping worlds and that’s it. No complicated rules, just hopping through time, space and beyond all logic. Accepting the fact that dreams are separate and not connected, Sora and Riku are trapped in 2 sides of the same world. Their encounters with the local residents here DO make sense. Some even skip over from one half to the other and the storyline actually works for a while. UNTIL: 2 Keyholws show up in this town. MAJOR FLAW NR 3: why does Traverse have 2 keyholes?? (I count both visits and not the ½ ones Sora and Riku seal/open each). But this just helps us get to the Number of 7, nothing else…
  • Cite/Grid: These worlds do make sense IF we see the dreaminess as a fact. Sora and Riku visit the same word but can only access separate dreams of the same world. The only thing the boys “share” are the locations and the nightmares fought. Riku beats that flying thing and he falls into the fire from the skies. Sora does not see the fire cuz it’s only a dream the world remembers. But he get to battle the fallen nightmare. Makes sense -kinda. STRICTLY SPEAKING, talking to people who don’t remember anything that just happened and people appearing in two people’s dreams or dream-halves IS and STAYS an awkward concept.
  • PRANKSTER: this world illustrates the separation/distance concepts as jiminy does not remember Sora, and hence is a dream-illusion. The awkwardness aside, TIME-JUMPING is still going on as Sora seems to have traveled to the world just before it fell to darkness… Sealing two ½ keyholes works differently here as Sora and Riku seal different world’s keyholes Paradise and Monstro. This is another way to get to the total of 7 if Traverse only counts as 1. BUT MAJOR FLAW 4: How do those keyholes actually work? Do Sora and Riku really need to lock 1 each in their half of the dream to get 1 complete? CONSITENCY EVEN WITHIN 1 GAME WOULD BE NICE!!
  • Musketeers/Fantasia: The Mickey-ness of these world aside, MAJOR FLAW NR 5 is obvious in Musketeer: PARALLEL Time lines, really? How can Mickey and Co. be French Monarchs and Musketeers trapped in their world’s dreams WHILE being awake and in the real world and rulers of Disney castle?? It only makes sense if they left this world and the world is empty for real but the world should remember that, right?? Fantasia did a better job by embedding the past of mickey as apprentice in the mysterious tower setting.
  • NEVERWORLD: If you still feel like you can understand the plot up to this point, you’re losing it at this point. MAJOR FLAW INFINITENESS: HOWs and WHYs are too numerous to be listed actually. Why did Sora end up at this place that has been destroyed. Why does this world have so many different looks and places? How come Sora is changing Forms and skipping from 14 to 15 year old?? NOMURA stated they change from the real world over and back at this place but WTF??? Form changes?? XEMNAS does not make any sense either. While explaining Nobodies DO have heart this would make Roxas having 3 Hearts!! (His own grown heart, Ventus’ [why he looks like him] and later Xion’s and therefore Sora also has 4 Hearts now. Kairi has two. Makes sense – no? and due to this BbS, Days and KH2 don’t make sense anymore. And then our favorite: TIME TRAVEL?? Xehanort’s RULES on time traveling. Yen Sid was able to do that withoutrules just 15 hours ago. I won’t even mention the fact that Nomura ruined ALL other games by f*ing up these rules and the mere inclusion of a NEW ORG XIII!!!
  • OUTCOME: OK, So Sora was sleeping, Riku dove into his dreams acting as a dreameater while locking “fake” keyholes cuz he was trapped in soras dreams within dreams – destroying the very nightmares sora was having and those Nightmares pulled Sora into the darkness. IT seems the Boys traveld back in time at the beginning then disappeared from the real world, became young but suddenly they are back at the tower only sleeping and dreaming their adventures? The threat of Xehanort is only legit if they really “dive” into the sleeping worlds, as in being physically gone from the real world – on the CONTRARY RIKU is just sleeping ON THE FLOOR IN THE TOWER while diving into Sora’s sleeping heart at the end. So IF Xehanort was so dangerous, why didn’t Yen sid just wake the boys if their bodies weren’t really gone? Sora returns to Traverse which should be returned and YET he is sleeping upon arrival, WHY???? AND WHY ARE THOSE CREEPY SPIRITS STILL AROUND?? AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TWEWY GANG???

In conclusion, I’m sure many other will agree, Nomura manages to rewrite and mess up the entire series with one AWFUL game.

The awesome KH series we once new, the KH we loved cuz it was SORA’s story, is now gone. Goodbye, KH1 with your heartbreaking Sora seeks Kairi nostalgia, CoM with your mysterious introduction of an Organization and a certain Nobody couple, KHII – the best game ever- with all your logical solutions and reunions and a sweet sora+kairi-hug, Days which was good precisely because it didn’t have a happy ending (Xion worked BECAUSE she died never to return to the series), BbS which felt mysterious and had lovely cameos and gave KH so much more depth [and the Roxas-Ventus connection even made sense back when Ventus’ heart transferred over to Roxas] and Coded with the innocent plot (quite good to have a simple linear plot without much complications).

The Series would have worked out great if they had just released HD1.5 and HD2.5 and KHIII. But now I don’t see much hope after Nomura turned this beloved series into XEHANORT’s saga where Xehanort is an omniscient and omnipresent god-like freak.

As much as I’m looking forward to 2.5 Remix, I fear Nomura lost his great sense of direction when starting with Final Fantasy XV. I really feel Nomura is all like F* you KH Fans my new pet project is XV and you’ll just get a messed up DDD and KHIII to shut you up.

And seeing they have been unable to release XV in about 10 years, I don’t see any hope for KHII ever being released, cuz one more financial hardship and they’ll cut it anyway. And judging from the lack of news lately we won’t see 2.5 anytime soon either…

So I dare say, IMAO, Mr Nomura, PLEASE rethink your decisions, finish FFXV already (if ever), and PUT AT LEAST A TINY BIT OF THINKING EFFORT into the future of KH!! Let’s pretend DDD never happened, trash that junk of a plot and start over with 2.5 and KHIII.

In all other cases the series will end with KH1.5 and KH2.5 and I’ll have to say: “GOODBYE Kingdom Hearts, (The waiting’s always bothered me anyway)”

Sorry for the rant but I'm just really disappointed by what companies that used to be really good some years ago did recently. Seems like Nomura with Square and lasseter with disney have never heard of "if it ain't broken DONT fix it!"

As a fan I feel really betrayed. If they decide to go a different path in the future, that's OK.

BUT F*ING LEAVE THE MEMORIES I HAVE ALONE.

[Recent Disney movie restaurations, messing with new restauration and adding of new Disney logo to old movies... Lasseter-fication of Disney (=now Pixar)]

[Recent Xehanortification and Finalfantasyfication of KH ...Nomurafication of square]

If it's just to squeeze profit, let it be. I'd rather see a cancelled KH series without glorified KHIII than a messsed up Xehanort can do it all and yet we'll defeat him by resurrecting ALL characters ever in this series.

C'mon just let it go!

Who else thinks that a new lead in this series would be the best solution? I feel KH could use alittle more western philosophy and direction... NEW DIRECTOR!

I'm writing all this provocative stuff cuz I'm really CONCERNED ABOUT SORA!! AND KAIRI!

GIVE THEM THEIR HOLLYWOOD HAPPY END ALREADY!

Edited by Silver Kuroi

I completely agree with you man. So many people on this site have told me that most people would disagree with me saying that DDD's storyline was poor. But I know a great deal of people hated it, especially me. I hated how not only this story brought back all of the characters that were unnecessary to revive (Axel, Xigbar, Roxas, Xion), but it made it so that ALL of the other games seem false in their storyline. Like everything that had happened to in KH up until DDD wasn't true. And i'm all for the whole "lets pull the rug and change everything" plot device, but the "real" story that we get in DDD is just frustrating and lame. Ugh, I hope Nomura and his writers fix the problems in KH3.

TO sum it up: DDD just has TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many plot holes, rewritings of what has been fact in prior games, chnages of natural laws of the series, and CONTRADICTIONS towards the series in totasl and even itself.

I'm biased, I admit, but even objectively, I say DDD was Simply BAD. It didn't have this "Ah, I'm playing a (new or old) KH game!

And I didn't even cover the technical difficulties this game had...

JUST BAD and rushed- sad they decided to release some crap to keep fans busy.

(They better had fully-remade coded and days for their HD remixes)

I completely agree with you man. So many people on this site have told me that most people would disagree with me saying that DDD's storyline was poor. But I know a great deal of people hated it, especially me. I hated how not only this story brought back all of the characters that were unnecessary to revive (Axel, Xigbar, Roxas, Xion), but it made it so that ALL of the other games seem false in their storyline. Like everything that had happened to in KH up until DDD wasn't true. And i'm all for the whole "lets pull the rug and change everything" plot device, but the "real" story that we get in DDD is just frustrating and lame. Ugh, I hope Nomura and his writers fix the problems in KH3.

Yeah, so true. But the problem is that DDD wasn't just poor. It was utmost horrible!

Overthrowing 1 storyline is OK but taking one awful game that should be the new truth of a series and everything else was wrong is unacceptable.

The ONLY way to fix KHIII would be to pretend DDD was a bad dream or so - and even such an utterance in KHIII would weake KHIII's appearance. I so wish they'd gone from coded straight to KHIII.

No DDD, no FFXV, just KHIII!!!

I hope Square got some more anti-Xehanortification replies in their #future of KHIII poll a month back.

The Kingdom Hearts Series is so great cuz the tangles web of different people's stories and connections grew over 10 years and even more considering the development times of the individual titles.

How can on game that was rushed in a few months wih the purpose to release a game in a gap year and to prevent fans from giving up on or forgetting the series get the POWER TO OVERRIDE these many years of storytelling truths????

Are you frickin kidding me? If I were among the creative minds behind KHII I'd ask Nomura if he fell on his head or if this was a joke...

Edited by Silver Kuroi

It seems like your blowing this out of proportion a bit. The story isn't bad it is just confusing and it doesn't change anything just confirms it facts we have been guessing at. You need to remember this is in the dream world and is going to be trippy and confusing that is how dreams work.

Plus most of the "plotholes" i see mentioned have been explained before in fact most just choose to ignore them.

I disagree, I think III will fix the plotholes that resulted from 3D.

How??? More plotholes to cover the plotholes that messed up an entire series?

There is no way they can restore the series' universe to anything that makes sense.

And besides, the team that did KH and KHII is stilled blocked by XV, hence the "bad/messy" DDD team does KHIII :( :( :(

And therefore FFXV gets a lot of hate from KH fans.

See, their decisions were bad no matter what.

There is no way they can fix this sh*t without admitting "We srewed it" and release a DDD Final mix that has a 99% rewritten plot and 150% improved technical feats.

. It was supposed to make everyone hyped for it.

Exaclty that's the problem. It was made just to make peolpe want KHIII. and to sell another handheld gamer to queeze profit from. Nomura sadly decided to f* with the players this time and include some serious series-laws changes too to make it seem more legit. But DDD has no right to be among the KH number.

A well-polished 1.5 and 2.5 in time could have turned the tides way better than rushing those out. And KHIII was only announced to keep fans interested beyond the ReMIXes.

and who knows what nomura comes up with in 2015 (2013 was 1.5, 2014 is 2.5 but I'm sure we won't get even FFXV by 2016)...

Unless they smartly delay 2.5 until 2015, halt KHIII officially, release XV in 2016 and resume with a `DDD remake on PS3/4 by 2017 and rerelease 1.5 and 2.5 including DDD as  "2.75" by 2018 and finally release KHIII in 3057.

That's sarcasm, FYI...

"IT JUST DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL!!!"

...I've been watching way too many Hitler rant videos, as they were the first thing to pop up in my mind when I read this. xD

Anyway, I'm sure Nomura will explain these plot-holes in KH3. If not, well I'll rage with you.

I’ve been revisiting the several plot-difficulties of Dream Drop Distance lately and I come to the ONLY possible conclusion that makes sense and explains everything about this game:

IT JUST DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL!!!

Besides being the worst game in the series due to its being rushed extremely, this game’s plot and other inconsistencies that became major flaws due to the rewritings done by this horrible game.

Here I’m going to explain why Nomura’s only chance to save Kingdom Hearts III is to pretend DDD never happened while showing all major flaws this game brought to the series and even its own plot in chronological sequence:

• Mysterious Tower: Yen Sid summons Riku and Sora to take the Mark of Mastery. So far so good but the contradicting starts right here: according to what we have seen in the “Reconnect KH” endings in Coded and BbS, Mickey’s letter was addressed to Sora exclusively, Riku asks whether Sora has made a decision yet, Sora says yes because his tormented connected friends really need him and Kairi asks him to return soon. FLAW-TIME: How can ONE letter tell Sora about the Data-scape, torments of the hearts connected Sora doesn’t even remember AND invite Sora as well as Riku to the Exam?? And why on earth don’t they take Kairi with them??
  • Destiny Islands: Exam begins: Of course, the boys accept the exam and Yen sends them BACK IN TIME to enter the realm of sleep. WHY does he have those powers while Xehanort needs so many other loopholes. Couldn’t Xehanort just send his companions back in time just like Yen Sid did?? Come On, Nomura MAJOR FLAW NR 1!!! Anyway. The boys are back in time and 14/15 years old again. (WHY doesn’t Sora’s voice resemble his voice back at that time??) Next thing is they MEET Ursula! How come Ursula is in the picture?? And WHY does she want revenge?? If they really were back in time AND IF Ursula were swimming in those seas HOW could she have the Trident and powers she would steal through Ariel way later after D.Islands fell to darkness?? And How can she want revenge for Sora defeating her BEFORE he even met her??? OK, try to ignore it all. BUT why Is there a Keyhole in the Islands?? Destiny Islands has not fallen to darkness yet and was clearly restored at the end of KH1. WHY, Nomura, why a keyhole for SLEEPING worlds trapped in sleep?? So, trying to make sense of that mess still we do not count this keyhole as one of the 7 but rather as Entrance gate to that sleeping realm.
  • Traverse Town: Ignoring the rebuilding the town has undergone and ignoring the fact that the Heroes’ outfits changed, WHY are the boys still 14/15? According to official explanations they traveled back to the present…and should at least have their 15/16 bodies… Another theory is that the person entering dreams is in the time the dream is taken from. BUT this gives way to MAJOR FLAW 2: time travel isn’t even needed, we can just go to any sleeping worlds and that’s it. No complicated rules, just hopping through time, space and beyond all logic. Accepting the fact that dreams are separate and not connected, Sora and Riku are trapped in 2 sides of the same world. Their encounters with the local residents here DO make sense. Some even skip over from one half to the other and the storyline actually works for a while. UNTIL: 2 Keyholws show up in this town. MAJOR FLAW NR 3: why does Traverse have 2 keyholes?? (I count both visits and not the ½ ones Sora and Riku seal/open each). But this just helps us get to the Number of 7, nothing else…
  • Cite/Grid: These worlds do make sense IF we see the dreaminess as a fact. Sora and Riku visit the same word but can only access separate dreams of the same world. The only thing the boys “share” are the locations and the nightmares fought. Riku beats that flying thing and he falls into the fire from the skies. Sora does not see the fire cuz it’s only a dream the world remembers. But he get to battle the fallen nightmare. Makes sense -kinda. STRICTLY SPEAKING, talking to people who don’t remember anything that just happened and people appearing in two people’s dreams or dream-halves IS and STAYS an awkward concept.
  • PRANKSTER: this world illustrates the separation/distance concepts as jiminy does not remember Sora, and hence is a dream-illusion. The awkwardness aside, TIME-JUMPING is still going on as Sora seems to have traveled to  the world just before it fell to darkness… Sealing two ½ keyholes works differently here as Sora and Riku seal different world’s keyholes Paradise and Monstro. This is another way to get to the total of 7 if Traverse only counts as 1. BUT MAJOR FLAW 4: How do those keyholes actually work? Do Sora and Riku really need to lock 1 each in their half of the dream to get 1 complete? CONSITENCY EVEN WITHIN 1 GAME WOULD BE NICE!!
  • Musketeers/Fantasia: The Mickey-ness of these world aside, MAJOR FLAW NR 5 is obvious in Musketeer: PARALLEL Time lines, really? How can Mickey and Co. be French Monarchs and Musketeers trapped in their world’s dreams WHILE being awake and in the real world and rulers of Disney castle?? It only makes sense if they left this world and the world is empty for real but the world should remember that, right?? Fantasia did a better job by embedding the past of mickey as apprentice in the mysterious tower setting.
  • NEVERWORLD: If you still feel like you can understand the plot up to this point, you’re losing it at this point. MAJOR FLAW INFINITENESS: HOWs and WHYs are too numerous to be listed actually. Why did Sora end up at this place that has been destroyed. Why does this world have so many different looks and places? How come Sora is changing Forms and skipping from 14 to 15 year old?? NOMURA stated they change from the real world over and back at this place but WTF??? Form changes?? XEMNAS does not make any sense either. While explaining Nobodies DO have heart this would make Roxas having 3 Hearts!! (His own grown heart, Ventus’ [why he looks like him] and later Xion’s and therefore Sora also has 4 Hearts now. Kairi has two. Makes sense – no? and due to this BbS, Days and KH2 don’t make sense anymore. And then our favorite: TIME TRAVEL?? Xehanort’s RULES on time traveling. Yen Sid was able to do that withoutrules just 15 hours ago. I won’t even mention the fact that Nomura ruined ALL other games by f*ing up these rules and the mere inclusion of a NEW ORG XIII!!!
  • OUTCOME: OK, So Sora was sleeping, Riku dove into his dreams acting as a dreameater while locking “fake” keyholes cuz he was trapped in soras dreams within dreams – destroying the very nightmares sora was having and those Nightmares pulled Sora into the darkness. IT seems the Boys traveld back in time at the beginning then disappeared from the real world, became young but suddenly they are back at the tower only sleeping and dreaming their adventures? The threat of Xehanort is only legit if they really “dive” into the sleeping worlds, as in being physically gone from the real world – on the CONTRARY RIKU is just sleeping ON THE FLOOR IN THE TOWER while diving into Sora’s sleeping heart at the end. So IF Xehanort was so dangerous, why didn’t Yen sid just wake the boys if their bodies weren’t really gone? Sora returns to Traverse which should be returned and YET he is sleeping upon arrival, WHY???? AND WHY ARE THOSE CREEPY SPIRITS STILL AROUND?? AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TWEWY GANG???

In conclusion, I’m sure many other will agree, Nomura manages to rewrite and mess up the entire series with one AWFUL game.

The awesome KH series we once new, the KH we loved cuz it was SORA’s story, is now gone. Goodbye, KH1 with your heartbreaking Sora seeks Kairi nostalgia, CoM with your mysterious introduction of an Organization and a certain Nobody couple, KHII – the best game ever- with all your logical solutions and reunions and a sweet sora+kairi-hug, Days which was good precisely because it didn’t have a happy ending (Xion worked BECAUSE she died never to return to the series), BbS which felt mysterious and had lovely cameos and gave KH so much more depth [and the Roxas-Ventus connection even made sense back when Ventus’ heart transferred over to Roxas] and Coded with the innocent plot (quite good to have a simple linear plot without much complications).

The Series would have worked out great if they had just released HD1.5 and HD2.5 and KHIII. But now I don’t see much hope after Nomura turned this beloved series into XEHANORT’s saga where Xehanort is an omniscient and omnipresent god-like freak.

As much as I’m looking forward to 2.5 Remix, I fear Nomura lost his great sense of direction when starting with Final Fantasy XV. I really feel Nomura is all like F* you KH Fans my new pet project is XV and you’ll just get a messed up DDD and KHIII to shut you up.

And seeing they have been unable to release XV in about 10 years, I don’t see any hope for KHII ever being released, cuz one more financial hardship and they’ll cut it anyway. And judging from the lack of news lately we won’t see 2.5 anytime soon either…

So I dare say, IMAO, Mr Nomura, PLEASE rethink your decisions, finish FFXV already (if ever), and PUT AT LEAST A TINY BIT OF THINKING EFFORT into the future of KH!! Let’s pretend DDD never happened, trash that junk of a plot and start over with 2.5 and KHIII.

In all other cases the series will end with KH1.5 and KH2.5 and I’ll have to say: “GOODBYE Kingdom Hearts, (The waiting’s always bothered me anyway)”

Sorry for the rant but I'm just really disappointed by what companies that used to be really good some years ago did recently. Seems like Nomura with Square and lasseter with disney have never heard of "if it ain't broken DONT fix it!"

Some of that stuff that you have mentioned might been because of timetravel. I disagree

Edited by Shawn Shelby

And even when KHIII comes in 2057, Sora might even be Xehanort's wive who gave birth to the worlds' populations of Xehanorts cuz #NJomura decided that EVERYONE is Xehanort (and I even seee DIsney allow this shit)

- While noone remembers who Sora, Kairi, Riku, Aqua, Ventus, Terra, Roxas, Xion and Namine were.

KH has always had plot holes & contradictions & sure DDD may have wrecked everything you know & love, but you can't justythink so much about it. Regardless KH3 will be epic & amazing, I'm sure. Xehanort said himself in BBS, that he made sure Terra wasn't the only option he had, so I feel like Nomura has been planning this time travel mumbo jumbo. The logic has been thrown out then window, but then storyline is still pretty amazing. Just go with it.

I'm sorry, but I disagree as well... In my book, DDD has reveled many things. 

Thinking logically, KHIII WILL be bad if those "lost" characters come back.

Xion won't be the afflicted anymore.

Roxas won't be the sad sincere kid anymore.

Ventus AND Roxas in the same picture doesn't go well.

Too many Xehanorts neither.

Too confusing, Completely unacceptable for new fans to the series.

Too many characters whose purposes and characters will be lost and all will be those blank, "saved" characters.

After all, don't you think 10+ main characters in one game is too much!?

Besides, even though they say it will, KHIII won't be that big (XV's aftermath and money and time shortages will see to that), and too many characters cannot get enough development on screen each.

Lastly, they could only handle this by adding DDD-like multi character gaming. And this WON'T Work. KHIII should be like KH1 and 2. A CHRONOLOGICAL (15y.o.) SORA IS THE MAIN CHARACTER. Multis would crush game system, leveling up system and finally the story!

How??? More plotholes to cover the plotholes that messed up an entire series?

There is no way they can restore the series' universe to anything that makes sense.

And besides, the team that did KH and KHII is stilled blocked by XV, hence the "bad/messy" DDD team does KHIII :( :( :(

And therefore FFXV gets a lot of hate from KH fans.

See, their decisions were bad no matter what.

There is no way they can fix this sh*t without admitting "We srewed it" and release a DDD Final mix that has a 99% rewritten plot and 150% improved technical feats.

Exaclty that's the problem. It was made just to make peolpe want KHIII. and to sell another handheld gamer to queeze profit from. Nomura sadly decided to f* with the players this time and include some serious series-laws changes too to make it seem more legit. But DDD has no right to be among the KH number.

A well-polished 1.5 and 2.5 in time could have turned the tides way better than rushing those out. And KHIII was only announced to keep fans interested beyond the ReMIXes.

and who knows what nomura comes up with in 2015 (2013 was 1.5, 2014 is 2.5 but I'm sure we won't get even FFXV by 2016)...

Unless they smartly delay 2.5 until 2015, halt KHIII officially, release XV in 2016 and resume with a `DDD remake on PS3/4 by 2017 and rerelease 1.5 and 2.5 including DDD as  "2.75" by 2018 and finally release KHIII in 3057.

That's sarcasm, FYI...

It's Nomura, he can do it. With the power of the PS4 & XB1 they can put hours of content that will fix the plotholes. Also, wasn't the team who made BBS also made 3D which was also an awesome game? You shouldn't say 3D was a horrible game as a whole,there are parts of the game you should have enjoyed or else you wouldn't have picked it up. Not everything in the game was horrible. You gotta like the Flowmotion & the use of Dream Eaters in the game. Or what about the conversation between Beat, Rhyme, & Riku and the Dream Eater getting angry was hilarious!

KH has always had plot holes & contradictions & sure DDD may have wrecked everything you know & love, but you can't justythink so much about it. Regardless KH3 will be epic & amazing, I'm sure. Xehanort said himself in BBS, that he made sure Terra wasn't the only option he had, so I feel like Nomura has been planning this time travel mumbo jumbo. The logic has been thrown out then window, but then storyline is still pretty amazing. Just go with it.

To be honest, your quote just made me forget KHIII completely.

By now, I'm all like "enjoy 1.5, look forward to KH2.5 and finsih it off with KH2's perfect happy end"

I don't want to wait decades for XV to finsih and KHIII to come and I don't want to be disappointed anymore.

Trashing DDD after the second replay was the right decision, cuz it belongs there.

So I'll go with it indeed, play 1.5 and 2.5 all over and forget about all that comes after it.

It's Nomura, he can do it. With the power of the PS4 & XB1 they can put hours of content that will fix the plotholes. Also, wasn't the team who made BBS also made 3D which was also an awesome game? You shouldn't say 3D was a horrible game as a whole,there are parts of the game you should have enjoyed or else you wouldn't have picked it up. Not everything in the game was horrible. You gotta like the Flowmotion & the use of Dream Eaters in the game. Or what about the conversation between Beat, Rhyme, & Riku and the Dream Eater getting angry was hilarious!

Yeah, the Nomura who COULD release FFXV in 10 years right? I wouldn't wonder if they never even finfished either of those game.

Besides that, I hated leveling up sora as well as riku, hard bosses that constantly attacked I could't even move, flowmotion was unrealistic and spoiled the game, dreameaters were annoying pokemon like creatures that were a pest to llevel up too and most of all I HATED I had to keep those dreameaters to gain abilities

And I know I read somewhere that Nomura was going to continue the series. 3 is just the end of the Xehanort Saga? (If I recall correctly...) 

Yeah, so he can make KH even worse. As he like XV so much maybe he can pull it as an intro to FF XVI where the protagonist wakes up from a dream that reveals KH is just a fairy tale in the FF world xP

Some of that stuff that you have mentioned might been because of timetravel. I disagree

IF Keyhole NR 1 is on destiny islands, then unlocking it AFTER KH2 makes sure the islands are restored AFTER KH1!

And according to Xehanort, the destined past cannot be changed! So if Destiny islands were sleeping after KH1, Sora couldn't depart from THERE to Yen who sends him back IN TIME to restore the isalnds before they are even swallowed by darkness, huh?

And if the islands are restore, why even go back to them and risk the past (which couldn't bechanged anyway) being chnaged. And if Yen sid is so powerful to chnage present, past, future and laws of time and space at once, why doesn't he just go kcik Xehanort's ass himself (cuz according to thsi Xehanort's restrictions do not apply to him which makes him 1000times more powerful than the already almighty god xehanort)

DDD does NOT make ANY sense from the FIRST to the LAST second and this is the sign someone didn't do a good job.

This plotline does not make sense - even to Nomura himself. Accept it, even Nomura makes mistakes. Only, most companies fire people after making too many and replace them by people who do a better job. That's business economics.

Edited by MarkXIIII

By now, I'm all like "enjoy 1.5, look forward to KH2.5 and finsih it off with KH2's perfect happy end"

I don't want to wait decades for XV to finsih and KHIII to come and I don't want to be disappointed anymore.

Trashing DDD after the second replay was the right decision, cuz it belongs there.

So I'll go with it indeed, play 1.5 and 2.5 all over and forget about all that comes after it.

Yeah, the Nomura who COULD release FFXV in 10 years right? I wouldn't wonder if they never even finfished either of those game.

Besides that, I hated leveling up sora as well as riku, hard bosses that constantly attacked I could't even move, flowmotion was unrealistic and spoiled the game, dreameaters were annoying pokemon like creatures that were a pest to llevel up too and most of all I HATED I had to keep those dreameaters to gain abilities

Yeah, so he can make KH even worse. As he like XV so much maybe he can pull it as an intro to FF XVI where the protagonist wakes up from a dream that reveals KH is just a fairy tale in the FF world xP

You gotta stop thinking the negative of the game. There has to be at least 3 things you've enjoyed from the game. Also, you're saying flowmotion was unrealistic, look the series, look at almost every game that's been created. They're not realistic. Saying that flowmotion is unrealistic in a game that's not based in real life, doesn't make sense. And maybe the bosses were hard because you were on a hard difficulty or you were under-level, maybe both.

IF Keyhole NR 1 is on destiny islands, then unlocking it AFTER KH2 makes sure the islands are restored AFTER KH1!

And according to Xehanort, the destined past cannot be changed! So if Destiny islands were sleeping after 1 Sora couldn't depart from THERE to Yen who sends him back IN TIME to restore the isalnds before they are even swallowed by darkness, huh?

This does not make sense even to Nomura himself. Accept it, even Nomura makes mistakes. Only most companies fire people after making too many and replace them by people who do a better job. That's business economics.

Where did the Sora and Riku in DDD get the raft then? I think Yen Sid sent then back in time to do the mark of mastery. I think the Sora and Riku in the future toke the raft that the Sora in the past was looking for which makes sense.

Edited by Shawn Shelby

Thinking logically, KHIII WILL be bad if those "lost" characters come back.

Xion won't be the afflicted anymore.

Roxas won't be the sad sincere kid anymore.

Ventus AND Roxas in the same picture doesn't go well.

Too many Xehanorts neither.

Too confusing, Completely unacceptable for new fans to the series.

Too many characters whose purposes and characters will be lost and all will be those blank, "saved" characters.

After all, don't you think 10+ main characters in one game is too much!?

Besides, even though they say it will, KHIII won't be that big (XV's aftermath and money and time shortages will see to that), and too many characters cannot get enough development on screen each.

Lastly, they could only handle this by adding DDD-like multi character gaming. And this WON'T Work. KHIII should be like KH1 and 2. A CHRONOLOGICAL (15y.o.) SORA IS THE MAIN CHARACTER. Multis would crush game system, leveling up system and finally the story!

The time traveling thing might be the very thing that is a little confusing. Putting that aside, I love the DDD story so far. 

Like I said about XV in my first comment (not sure if you read the bit), I'm undecided for a certain reason. 

And Secondly, I really don't care how the story will turn up. What ever ideas Nomura has for the third game, I'm sure it will be a blast. I'm looking forward to whatever

happens.

There are a lot of things that I want to see in 3.  Perhaps the returning of Xion, Roxas, Ventus and others. I really don't know and don't care. I'm looking forward to 3. 

OK...

Firstly get their ages right. Sora and Kairi are 14 in KH1 and 15 In KH2. Riku is one year older than them. Derp: Riku is 15 in kh1 and 16 in kh2.

Secondly, The letter from mickey was actually addressed to all three of them as it starts with: ''Sora, Riku, Kairi....''

But that only add more confusion as to why Kairi wasn't there. This game is mostly Riku centered, I think they should have just made it Riku's game.

Also no we don't have too many characters if you only let Sora, Lea, Riku, Kairi and Aqua have the most screen time.

Then give a few cutscenes to the other characters

Edited by KittensOnFire

And according to Xehanort, the destined past cannot be changed! So if Destiny islands were sleeping after KH1, Sora couldn't depart from THERE to Yen who sends him back IN TIME to restore the isalnds before they are even swallowed by darkness, huh?

And if the islands are restore, why even go back to them and risk the past (which couldn't bechanged anyway) being chnaged. And if Yen sid is so powerful to chnage present, past, future and laws of time and space at once, why doesn't he just go kcik Xehanort's ass himself (cuz according to thsi Xehanort's restrictions do not apply to him which makes him 1000times more powerful than the already almighty god xehanort)

DDD does NOT make ANY sense from the FIRST to the LAST second and this is the sign someone didn't do a good job.

This plotline does not make sense - even to Nomura himself. Accept it, even Nomura makes mistakes. Only, most companies fire people after making too many and replace them by people who do a better job. That's business economics.

Make it worse? I highly doubt it... -,.,- 

I disagree: I loved the plot twist that KH3D gave us. 1- It's way too early to speak about "nonsense" since Kingdom Hearts III hasn't even got released yet. 2- Lot of the things you mentioned are just your paranoias.. like "WHY doesn’t Sora’s voice resemble his voice back at that time??" when you spoke about the time travel to the Destiny Islands from the past.. do I have to answer, seriously? 3- Have you considered that maybe it is you that messed up the whole thing? You said Nomura thrown us an inaccurate game and story just to give us something to play with 'til the release of Kingdom Hearts III,right? Well haven't you thought that maybe KH3D story was meant to be included anyway in KHIII even if there were no KH3D? Maybe it is absolutely needed for what Nomura could have had already in mind by a lot of time..If this one is the case,  can you imagine how would KH III be without KH3D? Like they would have to compress two stories in one game, which would have result in a big loss in most sectors.. and 4- Just why do people have to be discouraged? Not that I'm saying you can't.. but if you have to, then you should at least WAIT. There is nothing wrong in expressing one's thoughts, BUT it is wrong in my opinion to "rage" like that just because one is assuming to be right..what if you misunderstood? What if all of this rant of yours will be destroyed by KH III story / Nomura interviews? Come on just RELAX D: P.S.: About Ursula.. it seems like she has the power to resurrect just like that, without giving a firetruck about previous chapters (kingdom Hearts II) xD She also has the power to wish revenge on you even before she knows you! (Kingdom Hearts 3D) xD

It's probably a time paradox.