Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Disney Interactive Vice President of Production: Kingdom Hearts figures are 'possible' for Disney Infinity

In an interview with Game Informer, the Vice President of Production at Disney Interactive John Vignocchi has revealed that it is "possible" for Kingdom Hearts figures to appear in a future version of Disney Infinity.

Disney Infinity is an action-adventure sandbox video game developed by Avalanche Software and published by Disney Interactive Studios. Disney Infinity uses collectible figurines that are synchronized with the game, unlocking characters from various Disney and Pixar properties including Marvel. Disney Infinity is currently available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Wii, PC, iOS and Android.

Disney Infinity 3.0, the latest game in the series will be released in 2015 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii U, PC, iOS and Android. It will feature characters from Star Wars.

Update: John Vignocchi replied to someone via Twitter regarding the question of whether or not Sora could appear in Disney Infinity sometime in the future. His response was that it would be a cool idea and when the user sent him a picture of what it would look like with Sora in Disney Infinity, he replied with "Hang Tight!". Below you can view screenshots of his replies via Twitter below.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Would you like to see Kingdom Hearts characters appear in Disney Infinity? Would you like to own a Sora Disney Infinity figurine? Let us know in the comments below.

Click here to view the article

It's only "possible" because they own the rights to the original characters created specifically for the games. It doesn't mean they have any desire or intention to include them. Don't get your hopes up.

I admire your level of realism with the situation, however, the possibilities are either a "yes, it will happen" or "if there's enough fan demand then it will happen". I think Disney are going to cross promote the Kingdom Hearts series and make it more mainstream by having it featured for Disney Infinity.

I admire your level of realism with the situation, however, the possibilities are either a "yes, it will happen" or "if there's enough fan demand then it will happen". I think Disney are going to cross promote the Kingdom Hearts series and make it more mainstream by having it featured for Disney Infinity.

If that happens, more people might play KH.

Master Xehanort in Disney infinity would be so awesome. Although, I don't have the game, but maybe if they make a lot of Kingdom Hearts figures (And put in Ventus), then maybe I'll consider getting it.

And here I thought I was the only one would wish for Master Xehanort! Agreed, he and Ven would be first on my list.

I'm just hoping that if they do incorporate KH, they do more than just the usual Sora/Donald/Goofy, as advertising likes to do.

Of course they are, Disney owns all of KH so they can put it in anything they want. DI seems mostly reserved for the franchises that bring in lots of money though (Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar) and I doubt they see KH figures as something that their target audience of children really wants or will buy. I could see them doing a one-off Sora figure with his KH3 outfit in the future, maybe as a tie-in to that game. We know that they listen a lot to their fans--the Tron figures got a physical release after they heard the demand, for example--so I'm sure they'll drop KH in there somewhere eventually if folks call for it, even if it's something small like having a Keyblade item in the Toy Box or a Power Disc that unlocks Gummi Ships.