Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy VII Remake General Discussion

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like fact Lightning is now a good chance to appear in VII Remake?

• Yes.
    • Will depend on how she is used.
    • No.

Wait, I'm confused. Why are people upset?

Because breaking a massive RPG into small bits doesn't work well, and making it into multiple full-length games means we pay more for what should be a $60 game. They could have easily made it just one game, but instead, they're milking it because they know there are going to be suckers who would pay any price for the remake. This isn't even Final Fantasy VII anymore.

What do you want to bet that each part is charged for individually?

I'm still betting on a trilogy of games that are supposedly full-length. $60 a piece.

Because breaking a massive RPG into small bits doesn't work well, and making it into multiple full-length games means we pay more for what should be a $60 game. They could have easily made it just one game, but instead, they're milking it because they know there are going to be suckers who would pay any price for the remake. This isn't even Final Fantasy VII anymore.

I'm still betting on a trilogy of games that are supposedly full-length. $60 a piece.

All that is true, but if you want to play the full version, just play the one that's already out.

Never would have thought I'd see the day so many KH fans would be angry or upset with Tetsuya Nomura.

I'm not upset. I'm looking at this pretty realistically. It's essentially a big task to recreate every nook, cranny, and overly long attack animation from FFVII. Plus they're adding new scenes, so they have to animate those.

I'm not upset. I'm looking at this pretty realistically. It's essentially a big task to recreate every nook, cranny, and overly long attack animation from FFVII. Plus they're adding new scenes, so they have to animate those.

Good to hear, but I'm sure you're aware soooo many people are pissed.

All that is true, but if you want to play the full version, just play the one that's already out.

That's what I'm planning to do, but this is still disappointing since I was actually really looking forward to the remake until right now. It looked fantastic, and as a fan of Square's older works, I was hoping this would be a throwback to those days. Instead, they're just making it like all of their more recent titles.

Never would have thought I'd see the day so many KH fans would be angry or upset with Tetsuya Nomura.

Just because people are a fan of one of his works doesn't mean they have to or should be expected to like or agree with everything he does.

I'm pretty sure people aren't pissed at Tetusya Nomura. People are just pissed at SE as a whole for making this dumb idea.

I'm pretty sure people aren't pissed at Tetusya Nomura. People are just pissed at SE as a whole for making this dumb idea.

It's Nomura's idea. Lol. He's the director, he provides the direction the remake takes. Not to mention, he's wanted to do this for years. He was going to do Versus XIII as episodic too.

No way,what? why would they do that,even if the game is too big to fit in one disc they can do the same thing they did in the PS1 era and release one game on multiple discs.I really hope they elaborate on this soon,does that mean we won't fight Sephiroth at the end of the first episode and the game will randomly cut after leaving Midgar or something or do they plan to make an other sequel to FFVII? I really don't like the sound of this,hopefully this is just a false rumour that came out of a fake Square Enix account.

No rumour. I have taken this quote straight from the North American press website.

What do you want to bet that each part is charged for individually?

Free money? Count me in.

If you're upset with this "Go play the original...." - Nomura 

Classic Square. They have the absolute best damage control.

Oh, wait. It's Square. Oops.  :rolleyes:

Wait, I'm confused. Why are people upset?

Because having it being an episodic could end up ruin the game.Sonic 4 is the only episodic game I've played,but its a perfect exemple of a bad episodic game.The game was meant to be at least 3 episodes long from what I've heard,but the third episode was cancel probably because a lot of people didn't like the first two episodes so we are left with an incomplete game,but because its Sonic it doesn't really matter because the story doesn't matter but imagine if FFVII remake is left incomplete because sells figures doesn't reach Square's expectation that'd be terrible for an RPG.In Sonic 4 you can't even fuse both episodes togheter to have a complete expirence and Wii owners got Sonic 4 episode 1 but never got episode 2 because of the system's limitation so as a Wii owner I totally got screwed and I had to wait till I got a PS3 to play the second episode,this is just awful.There's nothing positive that can come out of this,again I hope Square elaborate on this soon,because maybe they can handle the episodic thing well who knows

Good to hear, but I'm sure you're aware soooo many people are pissed.

I think people have reason to be, with a game that should be a multi disk release being stretched into three or more full priced ones.

That's a d!ck move for anyone to make, though. It's just a way to cash in on people's nostalgia for the old game.

Edited by Jack Vladimir Frost

well thats....an interesting decision.

so wait are they splitting it into multiple games as part of an ongoing FFVII series or just one game released in multiple parts? either way it is a bit of a let down to see that we won't be given such a large scale remake in one large package, but instead in bits and pieces. d'oh well.