Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Minato arisato

What is lacking in the kh games, that you want in KH3?

I'm asking this because most of the fans here are content with kh2, and that's bizarre to me, that game was lacking and barebones and the rest of the series goes on KH2's path, so anything that is lacking to you in the series or what do want to be added to overall series?

I think KH2 and BBS were the best in the series imho.( even more so the FM versions) If anything needs fixed imo it's better story continuity. We need better planning and less retcons. Also fans should not have to rely so heavily on interviews for certain important plot explanations. This should be automatically provided information in game. KH3 needs to wrap everything up with proper and well done explanations.

Yeah sure i can respect your preferences, but for the most part kh2 felt like DMC without any breaks hitting you with heartless for hours and it becomes a chore to fight eventually but i agree on the plot, Tesuya shouldn't give so little on plot and it's causes tension in the fan base. 

I think KH2 was great and solid. Every time I start a new game I know I'm going to start a new journey. FM is even better because of all the post content. What I wan from KH3, I want it to just be a solid polished game. I want to have the same feeling I had when I played KH2. Remember the Battle of 1000 Heartless? Or Xemnas' Lazer Dome? I want moments like that. I just want to have goosebumps thinking about moments like that in KH3. I want to be shocked, surprised, and I just want to squeal from these moments. Also, I want to be playing the game for hours and hours after I beat it. I want enough post game content to keep me playing forever. I want to spend 200+ on this game.

Side missions, XIII Seeker of Darkness Battles, Sandlot struggle, Olympus Coliseum/Mirage Arena, Collectibles (please don't), DLC with characters who need more story like Lea, Roxas or Isa, or even Marluxia and Luxord?

While i agree we need something like trinity marks, or the dalmations or even secret areas for incentive to back track to other worlds 

I think KH2 was great and solid. Every time I start a new game I know I'm going to start a new journey. FM is even better because of all the post content. What I wan from KH3, I want it to just be a solid polished game. I want to have the same feeling I had when I played KH2. Remember the Battle of 1000 Heartless? Or Xemnas' Lazer Dome? I want moments like that. I just want to have goosebumps thinking about moments like that in KH3. I want to be shocked, surprised, and I just want to squeal from these moments. Also, I want to be playing the game for hours and hours after I beat it. I want enough post game content to keep me playing forever. I want to spend 200+ on this game.

I remember the battle of 1000 heartless but was it even needed? I grinded that feeling bored and the laser was flashy and nice but i didn't really play through that, should've just been a cutscence instead of a QTE, but i won't judge hopefully there's something you like from kh3, but i want something more in depth honestly 

What's the series lacking? Two things:

1.-Sora's inteligence: He was quite clever and he knew what he was doing in KH1, unlike in the other KH titles like KH2 (not so much in this one) and KHDDD; I just can't stand him in DDD, it takes him long to realise that the people he's meeting aren't the same as those he knew (like Jimminy or Pinocho), and also when he returns from the Realm of Dreams, he just is so stupid ("you're safe Riku!", "You passed? Wow, way to go Riku!"...).

2.-Memory: What do I mean by this? I mean that it looks like Square has forgotten the first installment, they don't connect anything to it anymore, and many characters have transformed their personality slightly since then (Leon, Sora, Riku, Ansem SoD...). I think it's a shame that the best (or one of the best) KH game doesn't connect to the newer ones the same way as it used to. I called it memory because it's sort of forgotten.

Edited by Xamtehwt Trece

What's the series lacking? Two things:

1.-Sora's inteligence: He was quite clever and he knew what he was doing in KH1, unlike in the other KH titles like KH2 (not so much in this one) and KHDDD; I just can't stand him in DDD, it takes him long to realise that the people he's meeting aren't the same as those he knew (like Jimminy or Pinocho), and also when he returns from the Realm of Dreams, he just is so stupid ("you're safe Riku!", "You passed? Wow, way to go Riku!"...).

2.-Memory: What do I mean by this? I mean that it looks like Square has forgotten the first installment, they don't connect anything to it anymore, and many characters have transformed their personality slightly since then (Leon, Sora, Riku, Ansem SoD...). I think it's a shame that the best (or one of the best) KH game doesn't connect to the newer ones the same way as it used to. I called it memory because it's sort of forgotten.

Thank you for bringing up the second point as many forget about it and only refer to kh2 and onwards 

Thank you for bringing up the second point as many forget about it and only refer to kh2 and onwards 

I would honestly like that post, but I've reached the maximun number of likes I can give in a day (I didn't even know there was a limit for that XDDDD).

Romance. Yeah, for a game called Kingdom "Hearts" there's little to none. You're using Disney properties Square Enix: they're the trendsetters of romance!

Please, give us something to positively tug at our heartstrings.

This applies to the franchise as a whole but KHIII specifically shouldn't relly on explanations outside of the game to answer important plot questions. Another thing KHIII would need is more NPCs per world/zone.

Thank you for the restatement did you ask that of square in the surveys?

I'm asking this because most of the fans here are content with kh2, and that's bizarre to me, that game was lacking and barebones and the rest of the series goes on KH2's path, so anything that is lacking to you in the series or what do want to be added to overall series?

1NPCs

Ever since KH2 the worlds have been barren and empty and it's jarring when Aladdin in Argabah talks about "The action...the people" WHEN THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOBODY HERE....and don't get me started on the ballroom scene in Castle of Dreams in Birth by Sleep

2Sidequests that aren't just post-game bosses or XIII Mushrooms

3Actual bonding between characters cuz Sora's preaching of "Our hearts are connected" means nothing when I know little to nothing about those people

Sure I don't want it to be exactly like the social link system from Persona 3 & 4 but at least in form of cutscenes or sidequests outside the main story

4Wrap up loose ends and less pretentious writing

1NPCs

Ever since KH2 the worlds have been barren and empty and it's jarring when Aladdin in Argabah talks about "The action...the people" WHEN THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOBODY HERE....and don't get me started on the ballroom scene in Castle of Dreams in Birth by Sleep

2Sidequests that aren't just post-game bosses or XIII Mushrooms

3Actual bonding between characters cuz Sora's preaching of "Our hearts are connected" means nothing when I know little to nothing about those people

Sure I don't want it to be exactly like the social link system from Persona 3 & 4 but at least in form of cutscenes or sidequests outside the main story

4Wrap up loose ends and less pretentious writing

Thanks for adding more into our similar opinion, and honestly maybe extra dialogue between characters would help a lot and yeah less of that

simplicity.

the KH series as of late has begun to slowly disappear up it's own arse with each new entry trying to expand upon the lore only to complicate and contradict previous entries. comparing KH1 to KH3D, the story in KH1 just feels more sincere and the story in 3D just feels like it's trying to be grand and epic just for the sake of being grand and epic.