- The KH3 development team have been planning for a Toy Story world since Kingdom Hearts II, but had to go through a number of negotiations for it to finally appear on KH3.
- The story in the Toy Story world will take place after Toy Story 2, and will follow its canon timeline rather than taking place in a parallel storyline.
- At the beginning, Sora is mistaken for another character from a new game being sold.
- Riding a robot to fight was an early idea sent at the beginning of the development to the KH3 development team.
- Development on the Big Hero 6 world is going well, and the next information on it is on its way.
- The number of Disney worlds in KH3 are less than in KH2*, but they will be vast and have more content in them.
- The number of cutscenes in Final Fantasy VII Remake is greater than in KH3, and they are taking a long time to develop.
Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura is designing the organization members for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It was a request that came from his old mentors who used to take a good care of him when he was a newcomer, and he couldn't refuse that request.
- There are no unannounced titles that Nomura is directing, but he is involved in many.
*There were 12 Disney worlds (excluding original Kingdom Hearts worlds) in Kingdom Hearts II, implying that the number of Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts III may be less than 12.
Toy Story is the latest world revealed for Kingdom Hearts III through the trailer unveiled last week at the D23 Expo in Anaheim. The Weekly Famitsu feature, which will recap the event and include an interview with Tetsuya Nomura, will be published on July 20 in Japan. Stay tuned with us for updates and translations!
UPDATE 1: Since the summary of the highlights was posted online by Esoteru, more leaks have released from Hachima. Some parts of this have already been covered in the aforementioned highlights summary, but now, we have the information in more detail and new information as well. You can check it out here.
UPDATE 2: The Weekly Famitsu issue has been released! Check out full scans of it, as well as full translations, here.