Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Iamkingdomhearts1000

No! absolutely not! I do not want to see a Mary Poppins based World and/or content featured in Kingdom Hearts III and in the future.

I know that i am ranting like a childish baby about this but still, i do not want to see Mary Poppins in Kingdom Hearts, absolutely not, anyone here agree with me?

You darn straight I agree with you! This could be the equivalent of Atlantica in KH2. This could also stain the game and portray the original film badly. Bad idea all the way around and there are no ifs ands or buts to it.

"Disney and Final Fantasy in the same game!? No! Absolutely not!"
A beloved franchise was born.

"Live action wouldn't even make sense! No! Absolutely not!"
Pirates of the Caribbean is probably one of the more anticipated worlds for KH3.

"I don't want anything other than Disney in KH. No! Absolutely not!"
Unless it's Pixar, then people will lose their minds with excitement.

This series lives off of "No's" like yours :)

"Disney and Final Fantasy in the same game!? No! Absolutely not!"

A beloved franchise was born.

"Live action wouldn't even make sense! No! Absolutely not!"

Pirates of the Caribbean is probably one of the more anticipated worlds for KH3.

"I don't want anything other than Disney in KH. No! Absolutely not!"

Unless it's Pixar, then people will lose their minds with excitement.

This series lives off of "No's" like yours :)

Might as well be a strange omen, if you think about it. Can’t wait till Mary Poppins gets announced for Kingdom Hearts and then people get excited.

I'm curious though, why is it that you wouldn't like Marry Poppins? Nomura wouldn't have to necessarily portray the events of the film in a KH game. He could go about with an original story, or use her in one of the original worlds! It's not out of the question, since many characters in the series have been in worlds that are not their own! So I say it's too early to dismiss her just like that, I think we should give Nomura the benefit of the doubt! He and his team have clearly thought about it, which means there should be interesting concepts at play involving her character, ya know?

Honestly if Mary Poppins just showed up literally anywhere and no explanation was given, I wouldn't question it. She does what she wants.

Yeah, because she's not really from anywhere! So that opens up perfect opportunities for Nomura to use her character creatively, ya know?

The only way I can see this working is if she's a world within a world, more so as you explore an original world you encounter her and the children and tag along. That saying, as a Brit that film was a huge mockery of Victorian London and well they'd need decent VA. I do see the logic in this as there is a live action version in the works. However, if they want to give us a London world ( more so than Big Ben in KH), I'd advocate a Great Mouse Detective world. You can explore not only all aspects of the city, but include Big Ben, Buckingham Palace etc and then you could highlight a darker, rainy London and Basil as a party member seems more fun than a Nanny.

If there is a desire to express London, Victorian Britain etc then at least use a property that isn't a blasted mockery. However, from a Non Brit aspect I don't suppose people care as much, all I'd say is imagine a supposed Wild West setting and the location and acting was not convincing at all, then would you really want that as a property used?

I'm pretty sure it's not a world cause I don't the Nomura would have casually mentioned it and talk about how hard it was to come up with a reason for her to show up. So I'm gonna take it she's most likely not in the game whatsoever? But I could be wrong about that. But I would personally be fine with it. The live action movies in KH have always felt off to me but since they are doing it anyways and I'm sure they don't want to continue using only Pirates and Tron, sure, lets see what they could do?  :smile:

Plus, they have been a little predicable with their Disney worlds so far (other than maybe Pirates returning and Monster's Inc) so it would be nice to see one a little outside the box. I'm more hoping Mary Poppins is a summon or a cameo in a original world cause why not? The series is extremely experimental anyway.

I'm not dead set against it or anything, but I would really rather not see Mary Poppins in the Kingdom Hearts series. I'm pretty sure it would be a mini-games only world, like the Hundred Acre Wood or Atlantica in KHII. I don't mind the HUndred Acre Wood, but I absolutely hated KHII's version of Atlantica, so I don't really want to see another mini games world. 

I also just don't think Mary Poppins would be a good fit for the Kingdom Hearts series. I think it would feel really weird walking around in that world, and not in a good way. Now, that being said, I was pretty iffy about Fantasia being included as a world in KH3D for similar reasons as I've listed here, and that actually turned out to be one of my favourite worlds in the series. So, if they were to announce Mary Poppins for the KH series, I wouldn't throw a tantrum or anything, because you never know. But I would certainly be skeptical.

I imagine her summon animation where the sky clears up and you see her slowly coming down. Puts a smile on my face

It seems a little bit of a stretch for Mary Poppins to be in KH3. How would it even contribute to the story?

the same way ratatouille does as a amusing little easter egg

She would just one-shot everything. Mary Poppins isn't one to be messed with.

I'd be fine with a Mary Poppins world. Running around 20th century Britain could be fun.

true she is perfect in every single way after all