Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Villi1997

Villi1997's Writing Ideas

Hey guys, i just had an idea for a writing method i'll use when i come up with an idea for stories

First, i will write a short-and-sweet synopsis of what the story will actually be about

Then i will write a rough draft ''script'' that is in the style of a movie trailer and it would include pivotal scenes that i'm intending to have in the story and it will give a clear idea what the tone of the story would be.

and then next i would try to add more scenes and flesh out the characters and story

What do you guys think?

Edited by Villi1997

Depends.  Is this for movies or comics or, as I initially assumed, books?  Because how you develop your story really depends on the medium.  Something like that could work fine just for getting ideas out there, but how will those ideas be presented?  Depending on what you're doing, there's a world of difference.

A while ago i came up with some ideas for some rules i plan to follow when writing my stories, here are examples for some of them. Let me know what you guys think:

• Try to make your characters 3-dimensional and likeable, no one likes a Mary Sue. Plus, developing them as the story progresses might help too
  •  Don’t make a story too dark and gritty, try balancing it out with a bit of humor and witty characters
  • If you want to write an action scene, make sure that it’s fun, engaging, and badass.
  • Catchphrases and pop culture references won’t make a story good, unless they’re used in the right context or as homages.
  • Try to keep your swears as PG as possible, you can use ‘’let’s kick some ass’’ or ‘’what the hell’’
  • If you’re writing an adaptation/fanfic, try to put as much effort in making it as faithful as possible to the original source material.

Hey guys, i'm starting to watch The Last Airbender, and it's a really good show so far.

I want to write stories that are best read/watched in one sitting, so here is a list of some TV writers i'm watching for inspiration.

- Joss Whedon (Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Dr. Horrible, Avengers, Cabin in the Woods)

- Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, Young Justice, Spectacular Spiderman)

- Gene Roddenberry (Star Trek)

what do you guys think, and would you recommend any others that i could add to the list?

I had a little idea recently, since I want to include a little variety in my work so I plan to write different genre stories

Like for example:

First I'd write a hard sci-fi story

Then I'd write a space opera

Then I'd write a gothic horror story

Then I'd write a giant monster story

And etc etc, what do you guys think of this plan? Let me know in the comments.

Pick only one, forget the rest. Work on that one and that one only.Look for tips on the internet, read novels or some really good fanfics so you can learn how to describe things, environments better. Once your first story turns out successful you can then focus on the others. Don't keep a bunch of scattered goals, pick one and work on that before anything else.

I've decided that i'll maybe start using two styles, each for one occasion:

1) When i'm doing animations, i'll do a simplistic cartoony style, like in Samurai Jack.

2) When i'm writing a comic, i'll try to have it in the style of a realistic water painting style (i'll maybe ask someone)

What do you think?

I want to become a good writer.

I know it sounds weird/cheesy, but it is actually what i want to be.

There are some writers out there like Stephanie Meyer whose stories almost seem like they're self-insert mary sue fan fiction that was originally meant to be posted on a forum site.

Here are things that i dislike about some movies/books:

1) Stories that have almost no continuity and charm to them

2) Characters that don't seem to go through any development

4) Bland dialogue

5) Boring action scenes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are writers that i love

Posted ImagePosted Image

GEOFF JOHNS                           and JOSS WHEDON

These guys are my heroes.

They write great stories with many entertaining/like-able characters and interesting mythoses (if that is a word)

Those two are the reasons i want to be a good writer.

They are inspirations to me and they are the reasons i want to be a good writer.

Peace out

Edited by Villi1997

That's awesome dude. My goal is to become an animator and create 2D animation for films and television, and I also want to be a good writer as well so I can create great stories for my projects. You should definitely do it and achieve your dream, don't let nobody tell you that you can't. Go for it!

It's a great goal! I want to be a writer too (and a physicist and a philosopher...)

You need to know that it's a long and hard way to reach that goal, but if that's what you truly want, I'm sure you can get it!

And I'm happy that you said a "good writer", not a "famous writer". Best sellers nowadays are getting similar one to another (not all of them, but mostly), because they are made for selling. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing when books get famous, and selling them is important to the one who made them, but I think that it should not be the main goal. If someone is writing for wealthiness and glory, then this person is not an artist.

Dealing with words may not be easy, but it sounds great.

Good luck with that!