Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Toominator

Steve Burton, voice actor for Cloud, claims to be recording for Kingdom Hearts III in the coming weeks

In response to a fan on Twitter, voice actor Steve Burton, the voice of Cloud in the Kingdom Hearts series, claims he will be recording for Kingdom Hearts III "in a few weeks". This would obviously mark the return of Cloud in Kingdom Hearts III, and seems to validate recent remarks from Jim Cummings and Bill Farmer, who both also claim they have done some recording for Kingdom Hearts III.

You can view the tweet itself below:

Posted Image

What do you make of all these English voice actors claiming to be recording for Kingdom Hearts III? Are you taking this all with a grain of salt, or is Kingdom Hearts III closer to releasing than we think? Feel free to discuss in the comments below!

This post has been promoted to an article

Obviously not total proof (and they wouldn't let him talk about it if it were true after the fact) but it's a distinct possibility nonetheless. Works for me either way.

Honestly this whole voice actor thing is like pissing me off so much.It's like they say one thing and then there's another thing and omg

I have no doubt in my mind that they are recording for KH3. But what people don't understand is that they have to record more then once... So even if they are recording now it does not mean that the game is coming any time soon. If anything this does point to a world wide release which I figured Kingdom Hearts 3 would get anyways. 

So, this is VERY interesting indeed. I do wonder if Haley Joel Osment is recording yet? Nonetheless, the fact that recording is happening now regardless of who it is, suggests that the release could be sooner than Winter 2017.

While Cloud's return is not 100% official, I would move it from the "theory" category to the "very likely" now that this tweet has been made public. Also, I personally would like to see a Sephiroth fight with Cloud as a party member for the fight (but that is just my take) and this be the final conclusion of the Cloud vs. Sephiroth Saga (and may this fight be harder than the KH2 Sephiroth fight at least). On a final note, I wonder which voice actor leak will strike next...

So, this is VERY interesting indeed. I do wonder if Haley Joel Osment is recording yet? Nonetheless, the fact that recording is happening now regardless of who it is, suggests that the release could be sooner than Winter 2017.

Dat an't happening.

SO THIS MEANS WE WILL FINALLY KNOW WERE HE WENT BESIDES SMASH BROS. FF7 WORLD CONFIRMED.

Dat an't happening.SO THIS MEANS WE WILL FINALLY KNOW WERE HE WENT BESIDES SMASH BROS. FF7 WORLD CONFIRMED.

I know your joking, but there will never be an FFVII world. It's been confirmed by Nomura in interviews that Radiant Garden is indeed his home world, despite his apparent apathy regarding its fate. Sure this contradicts what Sora said, but what does he know?

AAA OMG I'M SO EXCITED NOW!!!

This probably means the rest of the Radiant Garden Gang will return, too! (And hopefully Tifa!)

It'd be so amazing if they would add more characters, like Vincent or Barret! Since Vincent was going to be in Kingdom Hearts I originally.  Ooh imagine if Gaia was a world!  That would be so cool! :'D

I tweeted Haley asking if he would be returning as Sora in KH2.8 and/or KH3, but got no response. Haley probably has a lot more restrictions about his contract, though, I'm sure, so I don't know if he would even be able to respond.

I wouldn't say that we are nearing release time, but I would say we are nearing the period where they release a new trailer every few months or so, fully voiced with a few cutscenes and a few new gameplay moments to show off. So if anything we might get a new trailer at E3 this year, and then following that we'll get a new trailer at the next big event, likely either TGS, D23, and so on. I still think 2017 is going to be our window for release, how late or early depends on the progress we see in the trailers

I am personally excited to hear that Steve is back to voice Cloud, because this means we can continue, and hopefully finish, the conflict between Cloud and Sephiroth in glorious KH3 fashion! X3 <3

If there's Cloud then there has to be Sephiroth. This means Sephiroth fight may actually return in KH3! :D

Ofcourse. Sephiroth was already predicted for KH3 since it is a numbered game.

Must be the final so Cloud might die here.

I wouldn't say that we are nearing release time, but I would say we are nearing the period where they release a new trailer every few months or so, fully voiced with a few cutscenes and a few new gameplay moments to show off. So if anything we might get a new trailer at E3 this year, and then following that we'll get a new trailer at the next big event, likely either TGS, D23, and so on. I still think 2017 is going to be our window for release, how late or early depends on the progress we see in the trailers

I am personally excited to hear that Steve is back to voice Cloud, because this means we can continue, and hopefully finish, the conflict between Cloud and Sephiroth in glorious KH3 fashion! X3 <3

I strongly think that KH3 will release next March, what way to end the saga on the 15th anniversary 

The Cloud vs Sephiroth finale(?) has been expected in KH3 for 10 years. We aren't surprised, just glad to know it's in the game if Steve is recording.

Oh ho ho, this is definitely exciting news!  Thanks for this glorious bit of news, Toom, you've done good once again! :D  Oh my God, so if he's going to be working on the game in a few weeks, then that no doubt means Cloud's return is imminent!  And you know, this gets me thinking...

Maybe voice acting for the game is being done on par with development!  If that's the case, then maybe Leonard Nimoy was able to voice his lines as Master Xehanort before passing away!  If that's the case, then good lord, it'd feel so surreal to hear Nimoy's voice in Kingdom Hearts III! But yeah, maybe this means that voice acting for the game is at least halfway through to completion! :D

Please be excited, everyone! :D

THIS IS LEADING UP TO SOMETHING BIG!  I CAN FEEL IT!!! :D