Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
JTD95

Kingdom Hearts Faults

The Osaka team

Kingdom Hearts stole my heart the first moment I played it. Does that count as a flaw?

Jk. I would say the lack of NPCs, especially in BBS. I often felt quite lonely there, which is why I'm glad to have at least Donald and Goofy in KH3 :D

That's the fate of a traitor.

What bothers me the most is how much the Rating impedes on the games potential. For some reason they're trying to tone down how serious this series is, even though Disney doesnt really have a problem with higher rated games. Tron was much less intense and was rated harder. Also i have a problem with how quick people in this fandom are to make theories without fully thinking things through.

Too many to count, but if I had to choose I would say Mickey just forgetting about Aqua, Ven, and Terra and no one ever mentioning them except Xigbar after almost completing kh2's story.

This is something that happens a huge amount in Japanese media. The only explanation I have for this is because of their formal culture where they value privacy and personal space. But sooo many times in anime and Japanese games things could easily be avoided if characters took a few minutes to talk and share info. The kingdom hearts series is full of that. You could argue that Terra Ventus and Aqua wouldn't be in the position they're in at all if they had discussed their experiences with each other. Mickey keeping quiet about them and master xehanort is another example. Communication is supposed to be key but that concept is lost on the Japanese. Edited by clatter411

Me when I saw the title

Posted Image

I hate Ventus and Terra but that's about it for characters.

Storywise

The convoluted nature of the franchise is so pointless. Some of this stuff makes no sense whatsoever but people will still justify it because it's Kingdom Hearts. Let me show you.

So after Sora released his heart in Kingdom Hearts 1 he became a heartless. Then, since Kairi is a princess of heart she manages to bring him back. How does that even work? If Roxas is his NOBODY, and nobodies are the BODIES of people, how does Sora even have a body?

When Kairi brought Sora back she gave him a temporary body. But until he rejoined with Roxas, Sora was actually just a walking heart. (Nomura said that once)

Me when I saw the title

Posted Image

I hate Ventus and Terra but that's about it for characters.

Storywise

The convoluted nature of the franchise is so pointless. Some of this stuff makes no sense whatsoever but people will still justify it because it's Kingdom Hearts. Let me show you.

So after Sora released his heart in Kingdom Hearts 1 he became a heartless. Then, since Kairi is a princess of heart she manages to bring him back. How does that even work? If Roxas is his NOBODY, and nobodies are the BODIES of people, how does Sora even have a body?

The retcon about nobodies not having hearts disrespects Roxas' character as well as the other nobodies. Nobodies were so cool! Not having a heart but still being able to feel emotions was something that made Roxas and Axel and the concept of a nobody so unique and awesome, but that's gone since now they can grow hearts.

How can Xemnas and Ansem Seeker of Darkness coexist if both of them are using Terra's body at once? 

The keyblade is a sentient being, it chooses it's master according to KH1 and KH2. IWhen Riku gains way to dawn it felt like "He's really matured so the keyblade has chosen him! Great character development". Nope because BBS comes along and Terra gives Riku the power to use one.

Time travel is a load of mumbo jumbo that just tries to make Xehanort seem like some sort of God (He's still one of my favourite characters ngl).

Young Xehanort meets Ansem SOD who gives him the power to move forward in time, young xehanort moves forward in time and picks up the other norts, gets to Dream Drop Distance and then everyone FADES AWAY AND RETURNS TO THEIR OWN TIME. And you can't forcefully move backwards in time right? So how are the seekers of darkness gonna come back in KH3?

So, if nobodies can grow hearts then why did Xemnas want Kingdom Hearts in the first place? I thought the goal was to obtain a heart? So couldn't he just wait it out?

Why didn't Jiminy just write an account of Re:Com in his journal before they stepped into the pods, nah he decided to just write the most vague and pointless message he could. He could've just handed the journal to Namine and asked her to write the events down whilst they were asleep, then just place the book inside the pod later on.

The book of prophecies is so broken and hax, you can rewrite history... It's just so overpowered, think about it. If I have a book that can bring events from the future to the present day, I can see the future and mess with it and change it.

Why did Apprentice Xehanort split himself into a heartless and a nobody? Seriously, why? What was the motivation behind it?

Gameplay

Thunder surge is broken in BBS, so are shotlocks

KH2 vanilla is incredibly easy, if it wasn't for critical mode then no one would recognise how good the mechanics are.

BBS combos feel like there's no gravity

DDD combos feel like there's no gravity

Balloon is broken in DDD

KH2 is a corridor simualtor like FF13.

BBS and DDD worlds are empty

Rehasing the same worlds constantly

Re:COM's gameplay is so tedious.

Oh and lastly,hiding crucial plot details in interviews and ultimanias is stupid.

were gonna be great friends lmao

Basically useless party members, the entirety of the Card system in Chain of Memories, the fact that they didn't HD 358/2 Days and Re:Coded, the reuse of KH1 worlds over and over again, and the utterly ridiculous ability system for Dream Drop Distance, that's about all the issues I have with it.

This is something that happens a huge amount in Japanese media. The only explanation I have for this is because of their formal culture where they value privacy and personal space. But sooo many times in anime and Japanese games things could easily be avoided if characters took a few minutes to talk and share info. The kingdom hearts series is full of that. You could argue that Terra Ventus and Aqua wouldn't be in the position they're in at all if they had discussed their experiences with each other. Mickey keeping quiet about them and master xehanort is another example. Communication is supposed to be key but that concept is lost on the Japanese.

Terra, Aqua, and ven could have been saved if Eraqus actually said a thing.

Does it have to be necessarily about the game itself and not outside of it, perhaps the community?

Because I really dislike how annoying the fandom is.

I mainly intended for people to bash on the games themselves, but if you have something to say about the community, go head!

Me when I saw the title

Posted Image

Me when I saw your post

Posted Image

How can Xemnas and Ansem Seeker of Darkness coexist if both of them are using Terra's body at once?

Now this I know the answer too. It's standard firetrucked up KH logical which was poorly explained in-game and the full explanation is in some interview but it is an answer. Xemnas being the nobody is the one using Terra's body, while Ansem was originally just a brown hood in his Heartless form. After Ansem possessed Riku he transformed Riku's body into a more suiteable form. So Xemnas uses Terra's and eventually grows his own heart; Ansem uses Riku's body and has Master Xehanort's heart. So both of them are essentially complete people. Also where the hell Terra's heart is in all of this; I don't know.

KH2 vanilla is incredibly easy, if it wasn't for critical mode then no one would recognise how good the mechanics are.

What is vanilla again?

NO ONE DIES! Other than a few characters THEY NEVER DIE! I love all of these characters, especially Axel but sometimes if a character died in a badass way they shouldn't come back unless if they were faking their death or weren't really dead in the first place.

Pence, Olette, one-word girl and Rai. They really annoy the living crap out of me. Hayner, Seifer, and Vivi I can deal with.

Time travel. It's a delicate subject because it can be really good (Steins;Gate, Majora's Mask, etc) or be an excuse to throw in a plot twist (DDD)

Sora's stupidity in DDD. I love that game, even it's crappiest moments I still love playing it but Sora was just a idiot in the game. 

Due to the fact I'm the type to go with whatever stupid goes on in the KH series, I only have two things that seriously annoy me:

Pretty much all of Twilight Town in KH II. What few NPC's are there are either shopkeepers, useless, or Seifers gang. The place is a dead zone. And getting lost in those stupid tunnels in Days sucks when you're doing a timed challenge. 

And for some reason, Wonderland always annoyed me: how many damn times is the same trial going to happen? KH, CoM, Coded, and X all feature the same trail, and Days seems to be happening just a few minutes AFTER the trail. Do a new story already. 

I mainly intended for people to bash on the games themselves, but if you have something to say about the community, go head!

Me when I saw your post

Posted Image

Now this I know the answer too. It's standard firetrucked up KH logical which was poorly explained in-game and the full explanation is in some interview but it is an answer. Xemnas being the nobody is the one using Terra's body, while Ansem was originally just a brown hood in his Heartless form. After Ansem possessed Riku he transformed Riku's body into a more suiteable form. So Xemnas uses Terra's and eventually grows his own heart; Ansem uses Riku's body and has Master Xehanort's heart. So both of them are essentially complete people. Also where the hell Terra's heart is in all of this; I don't know.

What is vanilla again?

The original version.

Usually, I'd say nothing because Kingdom Hearts is my love, but sometimes the fact that Disney stops Square from maybe doing something too serious is kinda irritating to me. No offense to Disney or anything though... I just wish something somewhat serious could happen, kinda like Birth by Sleep serious...

This also isn't related in-game itself, but I hate the fact that Disney sets so many restrictions on Kingdom Hearts. Final Fantasy games get so much hype because Square has 100% rights. I know Disney is one of those pieces that holds together the series and makes it magical, but I really wish Disney wasn't so uptight. I understand where they are coming from with their assets, but if they weren't so strict, maybe Kingdom Hearts could be reached out to an even larger fan-base if they allowed the stuff that FFXV has been able to do to hype the release (such as the ATRs).

Retcons, from minor ones like who really banished Pete to big ones like Donald and Goofy not recognizing a Keyblade even though Mickey had one, and Mickey forgetting everything

The fact that a few worlds in KH2 contribute nothing to the story at all, and you didn't have to go to them to beat the game, but you did in order to get to Terra.

The fact that KH2 Ariel learned nothing from what happened in KH1, even though the Ursula stuff is resolved in like one song

The fact that KH2 doesn't really bother saying much about Drives, Limits and Summons

BBS and DDD have broken commands

BBS had no semblance of a Revenge system, which worked really well. I don't think DDD had one either, but imo Julius was less of a hack than Vanitas and MF. Then again there was Flowmotion.

Speaking of Vani and MF, they suck

Terra does stupid things. Ven does too, with going after Terra, but then it's kind of annoying how the others insist that Ven should go home even though he continually shows that he can hold his own by going to the same worlds and still being alive.

BBSPSP and DDD LV1 make you do chip damage. They kinda fixed BBSLV1 in 2.5, but imo the damage scaling in 2 was the better way to go

Key details being in interviews

I didn't really have a problem with Nobodies growing hearts, since I just assumed it either took a while or didn't necessarily happen to everyone, but it does kinda retcon and just makes things more confusing

I also thought the time traveling made sense, since there were established rules, but it was an asspull and made Norty all super powerful and whatnot

The concepts of Heartless and Nobodies are kinda poorly explained, since Heartless lack hearts but are technically born from hearts (albeit when they're lost to darkness) and the fact that Nobodies don't exist even though they're right there.

KHX shouldn't have been made canon, as nice as Back Cover looks

Finally, Meow Wow should've gotten more screen time in DDD

Edited by Xiro