Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AaySquare

Official Kingdom Hearts 3 release date speculation thread

53 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Kingdom Hearts III will release in Japan?

• Q1 2014
    • Q2 2014
    • Q3 2014
    • Q4 2014
    • Q1 2015
    • Q2 2015
    • Q3 2015
    • Q4 2015
    • Q1 2016
    • Q2 2016
    • Q3 2016
    • Q4 2016
    • Never
    • Another option? List it below!

They only just started development this year, if the E3 trailer is to be believed. I'm placing my bets on either a 2015 release or a 2018 release. I hope they will find a way to fill in the gap between now and KH 3 ("COUGH" 2.5 "COUGH").

Patience is a virtue, don't lose it. After all the years we've been waiting, and will still wait, you'll finnally get that feeling that you always wanted to accomplish, so hang in there.

To answer, since I don't care about Final Fantasy, but it is true they are creating the game first, so expect it to be out in 2016 or 2017, like Sora96 said.

I think they might make another side game

Since 2.5 HD is likely to be released in 2014 they need something to fill the possible gap of 2015 and 2016

It might be a new KH game for Vita or 3DS that ties some untold bits of the stories.....

Who knows,maybe BBS Volume 2 might become a reality....though I really doubt that

It can't be released in 2015. Final Fantasy XV will probably release in 2015 at the earliest. Expect KH3 in late 2016 or 2017.

Says the guy who insisted that 2.5 would be announced at TGS 2013. I think KH3 will be released in 2015. I mean, THEY'VE BEEN WORKING ON IT SINCE 2010. Im sure XV will come out mid-late 2014, with KH3  coming out Mid 2015 for Japan, Late 2015/early 2016 for the rest of the world.

I think they might make another side game

Since 2.5 HD is likely to be released in 2014 they need something to fill the possible gap of 2015 and 2016

It might be a new KH game for Vita or 3DS that ties some untold bits of the stories.....

Who knows,maybe BBS Volume 2 might become a reality....though I really doubt that

I doubt its a new KH game. Nomura confirmed that there wont be any more side titles and the next one would be KH3. If he made BBS V2 he wouldve been lying to the public. But if it turns out that they cant finish KH3 by 2015, then they might have to do that. I think if BBSV2 maybe it could be a game about Mickey traversing the realm of darkness, since thats the one mystery of KH that hasn't been solved yet.

So if FFXV gets released 2016 or so that means that took over a decade to complete the project... and honestly guys I think were gonna have to wait till 2017 for kh3. Which means it would have bean 11 years since KH2.. and the whole kh series has only been around for 11 crazy to think huh?

Says the guy who insisted that 2.5 would be announced at TGS 2013. I think KH3 will be released in 2015. I mean, THEY'VE BEEN WORKING ON IT SINCE 2010. Im sure XV will come out mid-late 2014, with KH3  coming out Mid 2015 for Japan, Late 2015/early 2016 for the rest of the world.

I doubt its a new KH game. Nomura confirmed that there wont be any more side titles and the next one would be KH3. If he made BBS V2 he wouldve been lying to the public. But if it turns out that they cant finish KH3 by 2015, then they might have to do that. I think if BBSV2 maybe it could be a game about Mickey traversing the realm of darkness, since thats the one mystery of KH that hasn't been solved yet.

Finally, someone else who remembers that interview where Nomura said the game's been in the works for a few years... Wasn't that on KH13?

If they need to fill a gap, I was thinking they could make BBSV2 - The Movie.  So many people have said they want a KH movie and there is a story to be told but as you said, Nomura did say no more side *games* til KH3 is out and it would be stupid to add into the MX saga after the final installment of the saga.  A movie isn't a game so technically he wouldn't have liedMy logic is flawless. 

Additionally while it's been in development since 2010, Nomura himself has said he announced it too early.  It was in development but neither team was focusing on it as one was focusing on FF Versus and the other was working on DDD, 1.5 etc it's still in the early stages of development.  

Edited by Caity Raindrop

Patience is a virtue, don't lose it. After all the years we've been waiting, and will still wait, you'll finnally get that feeling that you always wanted to accomplish, so hang in there.

To answer, since I don't care about Final Fantasy, but it is true they are creating the game first, so expect it to be out in 2016 or 2017, like Sora96 said.

An entirely different team is working on the FF game, and the team working on KH3 is just as large...

It's not true they're creating FF15 first. KH3 has already been in development for years.

Edited by Raziel

If they need to fill a gap, I was thinking they could make BBSV2 - The Movie.  So many people have said they want a KH movie and there is a story to be told but as you said, Nomura did say no more side *games* til KH3 is out and it would be stupid to add into the MX saga after the final installment of the saga.  A movie isn't a game so technically he wouldn't have liedMy logic is flawless. 

Additionally while it's been in development since 2010, Nomura himself has said he announced it too early.  It was in development but neither team was focusing on it as one was focusing on FF Versus and the other was working on DDD, 1.5 etc it's still in the early stages of development.  

You're right, they could make BBSV2 THE MOVIE, to be included in 2.5. :D

.... You guys forgot something its that Kingdom Hearts 3 is being developed by the osaka team while final fantasy is being developed by its own team while Nomura is directing both games.

IMO the release date will be 2015 - early 2016

Well, I prefer to wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 to release like in late 2016 or early 2017, just like most of the members have already stated.  This is why 1.5 came out, to distract us from KH3, and 2.5 will probably be announced, and we'll be plenty distracted enough playing it, and before we know it, Kingdom Hearts 3 will finally be in our hands! :D

Edited by Golden Fighter

I think it's going to be a long, long, very long time before we see Kingdom Hearts III, though exactly how long I'm uncertain.  It's true, they have been discussing the game for some years now, but I don't think it's actually seen any development until this year.  I hate to say that I'm with Sora96 here; I'm guessing 2016 or 2017 for a release date.  I just don't see it being possible that it'll be released in 2015, and definitely not 2014.  I'd love to be surprised, though, and the game ends up coming out much sooner.

You're right, they could make BBSV2 THE MOVIE, to be included in 2.5. :D

If there was BBSV2 then it would be in 0.5.

Hm I believe the script was in working since 2010.

They start creating the game now.

Edited by KH4Real

They only just started development this year, if the E3 trailer is to be believed. I'm placing my bets on either a 2015 release or a 2018 release. I hope they will find a way to fill in the gap between now and KH 3 ("COUGH" 2.5 "COUGH").

False, KH3 Started Devolopment In 2010

If a Kingdom Hearts game is to come out each year for the next few years, as 2.5 Remix is coming out in 2014, will Kingdom Hearts III probably come out in 2015. And when do you think we will likely hear release date?