Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy VII Remake General Discussion

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like fact Lightning is now a good chance to appear in VII Remake?

• Yes.
    • Will depend on how she is used.
    • No.

What sarcasm? This game is the exact same as its original counterpart.

Like, seriously, they need to actually update all the character models. Especially Mr. T and blond Sora.

Seriously?

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

Seriously?

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

lol, I'm joking of course. (But you probably already knew that :P)

I loved the trailer! Everything looks so amazing. The graphics are updated, the combat system is improved, characters have actual dialogue, and they captured the feel of the original game in this trailer alone!

Square's really done it this time. :D

So pretty much they are going to try and milk this game for as long as they possibly can? They are treading some dangerous water if this statement means what we all think it means. Although this does explain why they only shqwed footage from the first part of the game and possibly why it already looks so polished.

Edited by Ven983

What? I don't- wait... what even- 

I don't understand. Why? How? Just...

I'm seeing so many sites reporting that and I'm so confused right now. Why would they do that? What does that mean? Just... That's so weird.

I don't know how to feel about this, on one hand it seems like why in the world would they go all TellTale on us, on the other hand that means you get part of the game that they finished so you are not waiting longer to play it, but then again I would rather have a complete game instead of a "oh we have a third of the game done let's release that to tie them over until we are done with the second third of the game and then we can work on the final part of the game"  I feel like this could be done very very poorly but I think it call comes down to pricing of each part depending on how many parts they plan to make and how long each one is.

I don't know how to feel about this, on one hand it seems like why in the world would they go all TellTale on us, on the other hand that means you get part of the game that they finished so you are not waiting longer to play it, but then again I would rather have a complete game instead of a "oh we have a third of the game done let's release that to tie them over until we are done with the second third of the game and then we can work on the final part of the game"  I feel like this could be done very very poorly but I think it call comes down to pricing of each part depending on how many parts they plan to make and how long each one is.

You can probably expect aa $15-$20 minimum for each part, and that is without even knowing how many parts there will be.

My initial reaction: Whoa... wait... what? Who thought of this terrible idea?My thoughts after reflecting: You know... this actually isn't a bad idea.We're able to get it sooner (in pieces sure), and it keeps it on everyone's mind for a while as they release parts. There's nothing wrong with the "Telltale" method, since they tend to put all the episodes together in a single package by the end of the "season". So for those people who want the "full experience", you'll have your game delivered to you in 2018, while the rest of us enjoy it in the mean time  :smile: And for those who want to experience Final Fantasy VII in its entirety from the get-go, I hear the original game just came out on PS4 recently  :wink:

This... is a really, really stupid idea. This week's just been one big mood-killer for me with the FFVII remake. I was excited when it was first announced, but with this announcement, I'm honestly considering skipping on it. Square finally does something that the fans have wanted for ages, and when we get it, they go and make it far more complicated than it should be.

Oh this is gonna be good lol *pulls up chair and grabs snack* Anybody want some I have plenty?

I'll have some of those snacks good sir lol.

This... is a really, really stupid idea. This week's just been one big mood-killer for me with the FFVII remake. I was excited when it was first announced, but with this announcement, I'm honestly considering skipping on it. Square finally does something that the fans have wanted for ages, and when we get it, they go and make it far more complicated than it should be.

I whole-heartily agree. This seems like a stupid idea. My hype for this remake how now dropped after reading this. I can't believe that they are pulling this bullcrap on us. And knowing SE I bet they will release the "episodes" digitally first until the have the "final episode" released and than release a full physical disk shortly after just like Crapcom did with Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

Edited by Tails

Posted Image

Turns out the remake's a bit too big for a single disc.

I've played games larger than the original FFVII on consoles that have a lot less power. Heck, Xenoblade X just released this weekend, and it's a massive open-world RPG on the Wii U. If the Wii U can handle that on one disc, I see no reason why FFVII needs to be an episodic release when it's on the PS4 and Xbox One. If it takes multiple discs, make it a multi-disc release, don't split it into multiple separate games. That's just ridiculous. The original FFVII had 3 discs, they easily could have done the same for the remake. This is just milking the game.

I'll have some of those snakcs good sir lol.

I whole-heartily agree. This seems like a stupid idea. My hype for this remake how now dropped after reading this. I can't believe that they are pulling this bullcrap on us. And knowing SE I bet they will release the "episodes" digitally first until the have the "final episode" released and than release a full physical disk shortly after just like Crapcom did with Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

I'm honestly beginning to expect that they'll just split it into three "full-length" games so each can be sold at full price. We all know people would buy the full game for a total of $180 if they did that...

No way,what? why would they do that,even if the game is too big to fit in one disc they can do the same thing they did in the PS1 era and release one game on multiple discs.I really hope they elaborate on this soon,does that mean we won't fight Sephiroth at the end of the first episode and the game will randomly cut after leaving Midgar or something or do they plan to make an other sequel to FFVII? I really don't like the sound of this,hopefully this is just a false rumour that came out of a fake Square Enix account.