Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aang

Film What Was Your Favorite Movie of 2015?

Now that 2015 is coming to a close I was curious as to what you guys found to be the best movie of the year in your own opinion and why. 2015 had a lot of quality movies, but among them all which one stood out most to you? Personally, I'd have to go with Star Wars VII. I thought the movie was well directed, and reached both young and old generations. It was a fine addition and it leaves you wanting more. That is something that no other movie did for me this year. 

I have a very odd choice, it's one that I would normally run a mile away from, but it's a bollywood film called bajrangi bhaijaan.

It's such a beautiful story, and I don't even mind the songs that much either. And I think it's incredibly important to take its lessons to heart, especially because of all of the tension between India and Pakistan right now. Our borders don't matter, we are ALL people of the world.

But India still sucks at cricket

I didn't see too many movies this year although my favorites are easily Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Ant-Man. Omg both movies were amazing. Amazing story, awesome graphics and it's just special to me. Usually it takes a lot for me to love a movie but I love those two.

Pixels is great too, and was my favorite movie of this year but with Star Wars and Ant-man, Pixels is in third place.

Star Wars, Inside Out, Big Hero 6, The Good Dinosaur and Kingsmen.

I only went to the cinema a handful of times this year, but those 5 were the ones I enjoyed the most. If I had to pick a favourite of those then Star Wars takes the edge probably because it is fresh in my mind.

It's hard to recall all of them, they were all pretty good. I guess if I had to pick one, I'd go with what I saw most recently and say The Good Dinosaur. I didn't know what to expect of this movie, and by the time I saw it OHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY what a feels trip! I'm serious, I hadn't had felt that emotionally invested since Toy Story 3, although Inside Out did get me a bit emotional (fittingly enough), but GEEZ this movie came out of nowhere and surprised me with how invested I was, those characters felt like something out of a Don Bluth movie, you just wanted to see them get through everything despite all the hardships that were thrown at them! It's rare for a movie to move me that much so I think this will be my most memorable movie going experience this year, though I'm sure I'm going to have fun with Star Wars as well. What better way to end the year than with a new beginning? X3 <3

Probably Inside Out. The last thing in my mind was ever getting hit by the feels train when I went to watch it. I normally don't get a bit emotional at movies, but my god I can relate to this movie to the point I shed a tear. Pixar firetruckin delivered.

Definitely Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. I haven't enjoyed a movie that much since Revenge of the Sith (Yes, I like the prequels. Say what you will, but I thought they were fantastic).

My favorite movie this year would have to be Paper Towns. Even though it didn't really follow what happened in the book, it was pretty darn good in my opinion. (I did watch the movie before reading the book so my opinions might change if I happen to watch it again, still... I think it was pretty good)

Edited by Organization member XV

Definitely Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. I haven't enjoyed a movie that much since Revenge of the Sith (Yes, I like the prequels. Say what you will, but I thought they were fantastic).

Me too! I don't get why people hate the prequels. My favorite was Phantom Menace. 

Favorite movie of 2015 would have to be Star Wars Episode VII, was such a spectacular movie.

The Force Awakens definitely took the cake for me. After seeing my favorite movie saga of all time get revived with a new trilogy, I couldn't believe my eyes.

My heart was melting when I heard the Star Wars theme for the first time in years with the iconic crawl in the theater.

Truly a beautiful experience.

Well, I watched a lot of movies last year, and while I loved watching all of them, I would say that Avengers: Age Of Ultron was my favorite film of the year, but then Star Wars: The Force Awakens came along, and well, I have to say, I loved that movie to death!  I went to see it two times!!!  The movie had such a perfect mix of nostalgia, but at the same time bringing in new elements!  Kylo Ren was amazing, Han Solo was as badass as ever, all the characters in the movie were great, John Williams was as masterful as ever with his amazing musical score, and well, there's nothing about this film I didn't like!  And it just leaves you wanting more, especially after that cliffhanger ending!!! :D

Yeah, I could go on and on, but I have to agree with you Aang, The Force Awakens was frackin amazing! :D

My favorite movie this year would have to be Paper Towns. Even though it didn't really follow what happened in the book, it was pretty darn good in my opinion. (I did watch the movie before reading the book so my opinions might change if I happen to watch it again, still... I think it was pretty good)

I loved the pokemon bit! ^.^