Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

Which game from the KH series is your least favorite so far?

Which game from the KH series is your least favorite so far?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which game from the KH series is your least favorite so far?

• KH / KH FM
    • Chain of Memories / Re:Chain of Memories
    • KH II / KH II FM
    • coded / Re:coded
    • 358/2 Days
    • Birth by Sleep / Birth by Sleep FM
    • KH3D

(If you'd have separated CoM and Re:CoM into different games- which they pretty much are- I certainly woulda voted CoM.)

BBS. The gameplay is a mix of too easy and too grind heavy, which is an interesting paradox, and it has some god awful minigames (the Command Board is one of the most depressing things in video game history). It's also where the story went from confusing and weird but kinda cool to confusing and weird and firetrucking stupid, a trend that's only gotten worse in DDD. (Plus, the PSP was a terrible system to play anything on, but at least 2.5 fixed that issue).

(Re:)Chain of Memories. Now, I actually really liked the story, but I hated the combat and exploration immensely. The combat I admittedly hate because I suck at it (well, and it like battles take way too long, but again that may be because I'm bad).

Re:coded is the opposite. I really enjoyed the actual gameplay, but the story was my least favorite in the series. By virtue of actually being good as a game, I put it ahead of CoM.

Days. There's something about it that I don't find aged well. It was cool when I first played through it, but the more I looked back on the experience the more I find it the least interesting title in the series.

Although I do dislike Re:CoM for being a bad remake of a great game.

I'm saying Days, not because of the combat or gameplay because it is very similar if not the same to Re:coded and to some extent Birth by Sleep, but the reason it's my least favorite is because of the Story.  I think this game has the weakest story of all of the games in the series so far and introduced us to a character who has done absolutely nothing in the series, Xion.  Don't get me wrong I don't hate Xion I just don't see why she needs to exist, the only reason she does is to serve as the purpose for why Roxas left the Organization, which I'm sure they could've found a way to do that without having to introduce a character that everyone literally had to forget about so it wouldn't mess up with a game that came out before Days.

I put Re:Coded because of the fact that it's on the DS, and that the game itself isn't really memorable to me, however in terms of the story itself I would say 3D.

My problem with 3D is how far it strays from the KH feel itself. I look at KH1 then at 3D, and I'm just like "dafuq just happened." Some parts of the story I loved, other not that much. The bosses in 3D were excellent, especially the final. However playing the game itself feels like a chore the second time, because of how huge and just aggravating going through the worlds are. Sure, the Dream abilities are great but the world designs don't compliment it at all.

Coded. Just because the gameplay made me want to shove my head into a wall and even the movies in 2.5 actually sort of get on my nerves.

The hurt doesn't go away, but if you think happy thoughts maybe you'll feel better! Hurt this, hurt that, abstract concepts and existentialism, oooooohh! 

Don't get me wrong I don't hate Xion I just don't see why she needs to exist, the only reason she does is to serve as the purpose for why Roxas left the Organization, which I'm sure they could've found a way to do that without having to introduce a character that everyone literally had to forget about so it wouldn't mess up with a game that came out before Days.

She justifies why it took a year for Sora's memory to be fixed when KH2 practically shows the process take place in a week. She also provided an interesting moral dilemma for Riku and was presented as a friend of Roxas' age to bond with besides Axel to give the main story a trio dynamic that fleshed out the game with three struggling relationships. The very nature of her existence gave reason for a plot that displayed the manipulative nature of the Organization and thus presented Roxas with a cause to abandon them as well as fall out with Axel. She explained why Roxas left TWTNW only to return there when he fights Riku.

...Hm. Went a bit overboard, I'm sorry. I'm a fan of Days' story.

I picked Re/Coded. The story was practically filler and was based around data versions of existing characters that gave us nothing new about them. It had some awesome morals, but then every Kingdom Hearts game does. It just doesn't stand out.