Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Toominator

Famitsu: Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater summary

Wow...after reading all this, I just feel like all the fans witnessed something beautiful!  The event must have felt so surreal to everyone attending!

I'm really happy that the Kingdom Hearts series has done well financially, as it's shipped 21 million units worldwide! That's an awesome accomplishment!  And the fact that fans were able to listen to Yoko Shimomura's music was just awesome!  I bet the music being played was hair raising!  And one of the things I loved most was the Japanese voice actors of the series voicing their thoughts on Kingdom Hearts as a whole!  It's amazing to think that the voice actors themselves have all felt a great impact from these games in their lives, and I'm so happy that this game series has touched their lives!  I thank them for their hard work, and I hope they keep enjoying voicing the characters of the series and being a part of something magical!

Oh God...the trailers...I really wish we get to see them!  There's still just one more day left for D23 to end...let's hope we get to see them! D:

Edit: Thanks for the awesome news, Toominator! :)

Edited by The Transcendent Key

I honestly love it that the actors has a connection to character the they voice. It feels like they're trying their best with the voice acting.

Edited by ラッキー

I know you guys don't want to see comments like this, but I feel like with the evidence I've gathered, my comment should justify that Square did indeed hype this specific event up for KH fans, only to give us less of what was offered. 

If you recall, after the E3 2015 trailer of KH3 was shown and released, it was revealed that we'd be getting more info about the game in both the North American and Japanese D23 events. But, after getting a world reveal for the NA D23 event, we were led to believe that we'd get more PUBLIC info AND footage of KH3 (with articles like these: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/19/new-kingdom-hearts-3-footage-to-debut-at-disney-d23-expo-japan-2015), because 1. we were able to watch a livestream in which Big Hero 6 was revealed for KH3, and 2. the trailer shown at the D23 back in 2013 was released (a day later after the event, mind you). So most of us naturally thought, "what's going to stop them this time?".

A release would have been possible for the trailer shown at this year's D23. Unfortunately that doesn't seem like it'll be the case, considering the statement later given by the Square-Enix EU Community Manager and this passage, which reveals the same details we were given by the attendees on Twitter:

"For the latest Kingdom Hearts III footage, an event-exclusive movie was revealed, featuring the full version of the conversation between two people playing what looks like a chess match (the one that begins with “Have you heard of the Ancient Keyblade War?”). Both seem to know something, but they do not utter it. They are friends, but they also appear to be rivals… their relationship is quite palpable."

...Yeah, at this point I think a release of the trailer isn't happening. However, Square might have their own good reasons for releasing trailers like what we got in 2013 and at E3 this year rather than anything shown privately. I'd like a story trailer myself, but I wouldn't want it to show too much. Maybe the developers are waiting until they can put out a spoiler-free trailer. At this point, who really knows?

Anyway, I apologize for the long comment (and also for linking an IGN article as a source even though there are other sources which also post about the info reveal date), but I felt like throwing my two cents on this situation here. :P

Heh, the order of the performed songs.

Dearly Beloved: :)

The Other Promise: :(

Musique pour la Tristesse de Xion: T_T

SE foreshadowed the emotional rollercoaster ride of the fanbase.

Oh dear, it sounds as though the KH3 trailer may be exclusive...unless the phrasing in this translation is off. At the very least there's still reason to anticipate a 2.8 trailer unless otherwise stated. I really hope we get to see all or most of this EVENTUALLY.

There appears to have been 2 videos (not including the Making of) released for KH3. One was this conversation in its entirety. The other is a new action footage trailer.Famitsu stated that this conversation is exclusive to the event. As for the action footage trailer, it was not stated to be event-exclusive. Paragraphs about the conversation and action footage were juxtaposed, leaving one with the impression that the action footage is part of the "event-exclusive" conversation. It does not appear to be this way in the original article.Hope this sets you at ease a bit more.

This is amazing, can't wait for this thread to be littered by people that are still but hurt about the promise that Disney or Square (a promise that they didn't say) about releasing the trailers

Personally, I am not butthurt about the promise of a trailer that turned out to be not true, but more about the fact that they showed a trailer with such a great amount of new info and not even show it to the public. It's a big f*ck you to all the KH fans overseas. If they don't release this trailer to the public like the last one I am going to be pissed.

Personally, I am not butthurt about the promise of a trailer that turned out to be not true, but more about the fact that they showed a trailer with such a great amount of new info and not even show it to the public. It's a big f*ck you to all the KH fans overseas. If they don't release this trailer to the public like the last one I am going to be pissed.

According to the people who actually saw the trailer, it really didn't show that much new anyway. So either way, fans got gipped tbh. 

Wow. Thanks for the article! :D I feel better now that I know what was happening behind the closed doors. Those fans definitely had a great time. I personally would have really liked to see the making of KH3 video. But still hoping we get to atleast see the game trailers...I wish they do some kind of event like this somewhere other than Japan also. I'd definitely go if it was happening in London. :P

According to the people who actually saw the trailer, it really didn't show that much new anyway. So either way, fans got gipped tbh.

I wouldn't call a new nobody and attraction flow nothing. I wanna see ;_;

This makes me wonder, will the English voice actors for Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas/Ventus, Aqua and Terra voice what their thoughts and feelings were when it came to Kingdom Hearts in the near future? I'd rather have Heyley Joel Osment talk about how it feels like to be voicing Sora and Vanitas as opposed to being the star in M.Night Shamalyan's breakout movie...

I wouldn't call a new nobody and attraction flow nothing. I wanna see ;_;

The attraction flow we got a screenshot of and the Nobody had a sketch done of it. Given that the people in attendance probably only saw those two things for blink-and-you-miss-it scenes, it probably wasn't worth it.