Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xxClouDxxmoon

Kingdom Hearts 2.9?

I'm sure there's a post about this so sorry, but it was just something I am wondering about.

Do you think the next installment is called Kingdom Hearts 2.8 because there will be another collection before KH3 called 2.9?

My guess is KH2.9 will be the final collection, containing all games for PS4 and probably X1, before we get KH3. 

What's everyones thoughts?

I saw something like this somewhere a few days ago. I just want KH III to come out.

Sure, there is 2.8, but that's just for Aqua's and Back cover stories.

I hope that 2.8 is the last one before III. For some reason I'm getting tired of so many spinoff games, even if they are important.

Maybe I'm losing interest in the KH series.

I think I'd really rather them focus on KH3 after 2.8. We've had enough collections at this point. I'd love to see 1.5+2.5 on PS4 as well, but that seems like a far off dream to me, I doubt it would happen as much as I want it to. 

Let us pray to the Nomura gods that is not the case.

Actually the reason for the name 2.8 is because it would be the 2.6 HD Kingdom Hearts Collection but the never before played BBS content is apprently '0.2' thus, 2.8. Well that's what I've been told anyways ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Like a few members here mentioned prior to me, Nomura himself confirmed that 2.8 is the final game before Kingdom Hearts III!  With that being said, I doubt that 2.9 is even a thing!  Remember, the leak we saw back then in the Linkedn page was probably the code name for the game, but when Square officially announced the game as 2.8, that's what we all knew it to be!

I'm gonna be frank here, after 2.8, I need III!  After we get the end of the Xehanort Saga, Square can release a special Xehanort Saga bundle back for PS4 and XBox One that contains all the games in the series!  That way, it'll be a complete package, ya know?

But like I said, that can happen after the Xehanort Saga ends!  In other words, after 2.8, I NEED KINGDOM HEARTS III! D:

HAHA people saying that it won't happen because Nomura said KH3 is the next game, you all realize he's said the same thing before they announce 2.8 right? He's full of it.

Anyhow, 2.9 would not in any way affect the development of KH3 since it would surely just be a collection of all the remixes so i don't see why people would be against it, though calling it 2.9 would be idiotic when they can just call it Kingdom Hearts the something collection

We've already went through this. 2.9 isn't real, it was just a rumor or a preliminary name for 2.8.

We never went through anything, neither of those were confirmed to be the case, all we know is somebody working on the games listed a game as 2.9 and later removed it entirely rather than adjust the name, there's no proof that it was a mistake.

Like a few members here mentioned prior to me, Nomura himself confirmed that 2.8 is the final game before Kingdom Hearts III!  With that being said, I doubt that 2.9 is even a thing!  Remember, the leak we saw back then in the Linkedn page was probably the code name for the game, but when Square officially announced the game as 2.8, that's what we all knew it to be!

I'm gonna be frank here, after 2.8, I need III!  After we get the end of the Xehanort Saga, Square can release a special Xehanort Saga bundle back for PS4 and XBox One that contains all the games in the series!  That way, it'll be a complete package, ya know?

But like I said, that can happen after the Xehanort Saga ends!  In other words, after 2.8, I NEED KINGDOM HEARTS III! D:

I completely agree with you The Transcendent Key. After 2.8 I'm pretty sure everyone needs KH3

I completely agree with you The Transcendent Key. After 2.8 I'm pretty sure everyone needs KH3

Haha, thanks!  And yeah, it's the truth!  Especially given the fact that next year is the series 15th Anniversary!  So what better way to celebrate 15 years of KH than by releasing Kingdom Hearts III, am I right? :D

Haha, thanks!  And yeah, it's the truth!  Especially given the fact that next year is the series 15th Anniversary!  So what better way to celebrate 15 years of KH than by releasing Kingdom Hearts III, am I right? :D

Yeah but what will be even better to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the KH series would be a special trailer during the KH Orchestra World Tour Concert with the Release date and of course the release for it as well lol  xD

Edited by riku1995

Nothing. My guess is that if there were to be a 2.9, it would just be 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS4, so nothing special really.

How about we just get a new game instead of adding another port to the PS4's library. Hmm? PS4 has enough ports as it is.

Edited by Tails

How about we just get a new game instead of adding another port to the PS4's library. Hmm? PS4 has enough ports as it is.

Well, every console is going to have more than enough ports and remasters anyway and for the people who don't have a PS3 it would be good. I'd say that they should save money and put it on PSN but we all know that won't happen because of the rights thingy. Whatever the big deal is.

I'm sure there's a post about this so sorry, but it was just something I am wondering about. Do you think the next installment is called Kingdom Hearts 2.8 because there will be another collection before KH3 called 2.9? My guess is KH2.9 will be the final collection, containing all games for PS4 and probably X1, before we get KH3.  What's everyones thoughts?

2.9 turned out to be 2.8. Nomura also said that 2.8 is the last one before KH3.