Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

If it doesn't happen with my game, then it doesn't happen period.

I can't feel bad for people because other people feel bad about themselves, I'm sorry.

Um, okay

On one hand, I don't see people explicitly defending the bugs and issues the remixes have because they haven't had any glitches themselves. If anything, we should be happy for them that they don't have any issues alsoplsgivemeyourgame

On the other hand, not having any issues yourself and just not caring about the issues that others have is a bit, as Felixx said, selfish.

Personally, I've had the audio glitches and Xemnas RC glitch and the typical stuff, but thankfully I haven't run into any crashes. And as annoying the load times are when going into a Drive, I still enjoy playing the games, and I'm glad Squeenix bothered to make them, otherwise I probably wouldn't have played any of the non-DS games.

As Isamu said, with something like KH3, you'd think Square would know to test it before releasing it, like they (probably) have when they released the other games. (Granted there is that one crash-inducer in PS2 2FM, but at least that's avoidable).

So I don't think people defending the remixes or KH3 having problems is too much of an issue (actual content issues, however...). However, I do think the fact that there are these problems with the remixes that a lot of people experience is still an issue if Square thinks that it's okay. If they haven't learned from their mistakes, who's to say that there could be other rushed ports or remasters in the future, with issues of the same or even a higher level?

Sorry this is worded... weirdly. It's kinda hard to express my thoughts about this, for some reason. It's also kinda weird that the issue-ness of this issue is an issue

At least the movies don't have problems.... OR DO THEY??? Idk lol

Edited by Xiro

Well, if you own the HD remixes and original copies of KH1 and KH2, it's perfectly legal to emulate them on PCSX2 where you can play KH2 at 60 fps bug free and a higher resolution (depending on your pc) than on 2.5. You can also mod the game, use any controller you want and add things like cell shading. Boom job done.

Some people say the PS3's architecture was really bad and weird so it's hard to code for it.

On the flip side, saying "this happened in my copy so it must happen in EVERY copy" is equally rediculous, is it not? No one is saying it never happens, just that it's not as prevalant a problem as people make it out to be. You're making a bigger deal out of this than it is. You're also making some very unfair comparisons. Your compairing the HD remixes, games that where made in the span of a year, to KH3, a game that's been in developent for three years. Quite simply, you are overreacating.

Isn't that natural though? If you play a game and never encounter any crashes or bugs, can you then really be mad at SE because other people have those problems?I mean the only problems I ever had were the loading times in 2.5, that's all. My game never crashed, and tbh I don't care that much if this happens to people I don't even know. As long as my version is okay I'm pleased.I know this sounds selfish, but let's be honest, every person is a bit selfish.I'm not saying those problems don't exist, but if you never encounter them yourself it doesn't really bother you. (Or at least me)That's why people do that.

If it doesn't happen with my game, then it doesn't happen period.

I can't feel bad for people because other people feel bad about themselves, I'm sorry.

Well the majority has the glitches and while you should be able to defend or still like the ports, you can't just turn a blind eye just because yours don't have them. That's just how I feel anyways.

Well, if you own the HD remixes and original copies of KH1 and KH2, it's perfectly legal to emulate them on PCSX2 where you can play KH2 at 60 fps bug free and a higher resolution (depending on your pc) than on 2.5. You can also mod the game, use any controller you want and add things like cell shading. Boom job done.Some people say the PS3's architecture was really bad and weird so it's hard to code for it.

But I'm a scrub when it comes to pc gaming....

Well the majority has the glitches and while you should be able to defend or still like the ports, you can't just turn a blind eye just because yours don't have them. That's just how I feel anyways.But I'm a scrub when it comes to pc gaming....

Dude, Google a tutorial, it's not rocket science xD

I did in fact encounter those glitches in the game, but did I complain about it? Nope. For some reason, I just didn't complain about it. As long as the game itself doesn't constantly crash or glitch out, making it unplayable, I won't complain. For me it doesn't seem to be the case for both 1.5 and 2.5

Edited by Zeldablade7

You know why I defend them? Because I genuinely don't care that much. There are definitely issues, sure, but I've barely run into them so it really doesn't bother me. Whenever someone talks about how shit they are, it just comes out as cartoonishly exaggerated, because most of the stuff is pretty rare, load times aside which don't really bug me.

I really don't see a reason to argue about this. The only real time my game crashed was in 1.5 after my fight with Ursula (I have a feeling that was deliberate on Square Enix's part, because all my friends who have the game encounter the crash at the same point in the game. Dam Troll Enix strikes again).

The only problem I experienced was the Drive Form loading thing, which is prevalent in every copy and sucks. Other than that, I have to assume you just got a buggier copy than most. I'm not saying there aren't flaws, but I think there's more positives than negatives.

I never noticed any major issues with either 1.5 or 2.5. My experience with both were absolutely fine, in particular 1.5. Sure there's a few techincal hiccups in KH2FM, but my experience with the other 5 titles were absolutely fine. I'm not gonna defend SE over issues that aren't really relevant to my experience nor am I going to bash the titles as lazy ports because I had perfectly fine time with them.

It's a little unfair to say that anyone who defends the games don't have a valid opinion, everyone has different experiences with games.

idk i've played KHFM about 8 times and the only glitch i think i encountered was an audio bug where all sound just dropped for no reason. 

i don't think these issues are as big of a problem as you think they are or else SE would have gotten large amounts of backlash for it. the KH fanbase can be very loud and whiny so i'm pretty sure they would have spoken up about it if it were a widespread issue lol

personally i wouldn't say the HD REmixes are terrible by any stretch. yes they have some issues but none of them completely ruin the games for me while i'm playing. now if you want to talk about an HD collection that IS terrible, look no further than the Silent Hill HD Collection.

it's awful. simply awful. 

...Okay I know this is hypocritical coming from me, but I honestly did not read that whole wall of text. It's not just because of how long it is, it is because right off the bat, I already got what you were saying, how you were saying it, the attitude you carried into it, the mindset you had going into this, and by that point I knew that if I kept reading I would just feel like I'm being talked down to like someone who doesn't know any better.

Others have already pointed most of your fallacies out, so I'm just going to address the one that bugs me the most. So just because you experienced all these glitches but other people haven't means that they are no longer entitled to express any opinion to this topic opposite or even slightly different than yours? What a load of bunk man, even if several people have experienced the same glitches, if other gamers haven't and have had a mostly positive experience with the games, they ARE allowed to defend the titles if they want to, just as people like you are allowed to express your grievances when they've had a negative experience.

I'm not going to talk like there are no problems or bugs or whatever with these titles, regardless of whether you have a smooth playthrough with no problems or not, there are still just a few little things/changes that are unusual enough to count as a design flaw. To this day I still mindlessly rage over the replacement of Ven's starting Station of Awakening with his ending one (SERIOUSLY HOW THE HELL DO YOU MESS THAT UP-!?). However, at the end of the day, it's all just nitpicks for me. Yeah it would have been nice if the Drive transformations were a little quicker, it would have been nice if the Kingdom Key wasn't pointed in every other scene of the Days and Re:Coded movies, and yes it would have been WONDERFUL if they just knew the difference between two different Station of Awakening designs and didn't feel the need to freaking "correct" it because that was really stupid and-I'm getting sidetracked again. These things are little flaws I notice, but while it keeps it from being a perfect experience for me, they ultimately don't ruin the experience for me either. Not even close.

And keep in mind, an opinion is formed from one's own experiences. Thus, if I have never experienced anything worse than what I just described, then it's not going to factor those in mind. Does that mean I'm not "qualified" to express my thoughts? No, if you are allowed to complain about problems you've experienced, then I'm allowed to praise the game for the lack of problems I've encountered. I'm not going to deny that you and others probably did encounter those problems, but what we're seeing here is that it isn't a very consistent and regular occurrence of problems. You want to know what sets these games apart from games like Sonic 2006 or Rise of Lyric? Those games were ACTUALLY rushed, their dipping of framerate is much more noticeable, and the glitches that they have are present in practically every copy, every gameplay video, every version and experience that almost everyone is on the same wavelength about how bad they are. Their errors are consistent and reliable, everyone agrees about their problems because those problems are being consistent enough to happen in every version of the game. If someone played Sonic 2006 or Rise of Lyric without any sort of graphical or physics based issue impeding them or even occurring at all, that's a freaking miracle!

That's not the case here with 1.5 and 2.5 though. The problems are just too inconsistent. Aside from some really nitpicky details, there aren't enough common occurrences of graphical and physics based errors for there to really be a consensus that these games were poorly handled and are terrible games overall. Some users are going to encounter a few impeding glitches or errors, and some users are not going to encounter any problem whatsoever. The simple fact is that with this kind of game, your experience will vary. Sometimes it might just be the copy you have or even the system you use (PS3's are still a pretty wonky piece of hardware to work with you know, especially the older ones). Everyone is going to experience this game differently, so everyone is going to inform their opinion differently. As such, while you have the right to have your opinion and express it, you can't just say that no one else with any differing kind of opinion can even say anything different to what you are saying. It's a very closed-minded way of thinking and it only allows room for self-justified rants rather than leaving room open for actual dialogue.

On the flip side, saying "this happened in my copy so it must happen in EVERY copy" is equally rediculous, is it not? No one is saying it never happens, just that it's not as prevalant a problem as people make it out to be. You're making a bigger deal out of this than it is. You're also making some very unfair comparisons. Your compairing the HD remixes, games that where made in the span of a year, to KH3, a game that's been in developent for three years. Quite simply, you are overreacating.

Sure, the delivery may be a slight exaggeration but the passion and point still stands. Square Enix has a dedicated team of programmers who are paid to fix bugs. A lot of interviews by Tai Yasue stresses the bug fixing of the remixes. The whole time prospect isn't really a defense when you come to consider that Square Enix were the ones who had final say in the HD remixes in the first place so it's their fault for poor management. They screwed up badly, and there's a likeliness that they'll use PS4 HD Remasters as stalling time for Kingdom Hearts III if they can't hit their initial deadline.

I feel like you all have your priorities wrong. If you try and defend the HD ReMixes and their issues, you are wrong. It is not an opinion of whether the game is good or bad. It is a fact that these problems exist, and that they show what happens if you rush Square and/or they get lazy. Don't do that to KH3.

When people say "I disagree because I have never encountered any of these (glitches) (freezes) (crashes) that you mentioned," do you realize how poor of an argument that is? "Wow, I've never seen this happen before so it must NEVER happen right?"

It's really when you say that to yourself is when you see how absurd and ridiculous your own words mean. I don't care if you've never seen a crash in 2.5 before, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's not a disc problem; it exists on every disc. Go Limit Form in the Xemnas 1 fight at the beginning and then revert after he puts the orb draining move on you. 9 times out of 10, your game will crash, which is absolutely unacceptable because that is an IN-GAME MECHANIC that should never result in something like a game crash.

Summon Bambi in Monstro chambers and walk around in 1.5; the game will crash. Idle too long in a start menu; the game will crash. Random and consistent pause lags at the beginning of fights in 2.5; unbearably long loadtimes, most apparent in 2.5 (1.5 also has long load times but is often looked over due to the newly added cutscene skips). These are all real issues that exist. It doesn't matter if you've run into them 10 times or none, it doesn't matter if it doesn't affect you the slightest; the fact that they exist and CAN affect a player's experience is proof that it's an issue from Square's horrible porting and laziness.

Please don't defend Square for making these errors. The Final Xemnas fight in 2.5 is not one time thing or a disc thing. It basically tells me that Square did not bother testing that fight (or even the entire game) at all, because if they did, there is no way they would miss something as obvious as that. It literally makes the fight on higher difficulties impossible without the use of spamming Limits for invincibility. 

You won't get anything from defending Square on these issues. So for a moment, just put down your fanboy/girl-ism and stop pretending Square has been doing a great job so far, because if you do, they'll do the same "great job" for KH3 and make it terrible and filled with bugs and glitches. Constructive criticism is never a bad thing; just because the game is part of your favorite series does not mean it is perfect. KH2FM (PS2) is my favorite game of all time in my favorite series of all time. Does that mean it's perfect? Not at all; it's filled with issues actually. So don't be so stubborn with the other games. Be accepting of the mistakes and problems it has, and work to have Square fix them.

I just wanted to get that little bit out there. Thanks for reading :)

How can we accept mistakes that we've not encountered? What if  I actually think Square has done a great job because I haven't encountered any problems and I literally have no reason to complain? I mean if you've encountered or seen these problems, then it's great to give Square feedback and give them constructive criticism, but I haven't...so I just shut up.

Why should attack a game be a priority? I mean the first sentence is we have our priorities wrong... nah, we don't have any reason to attack a company because of some people having issues. I had these issues too, but it was with every single game I have on the ps3, so it's my ps3 that's the issue.

It doesn't really matter if a game has bugs,sure in a perfect world no games would have problems but personally besides the final Xemnas problem(which sucks) the games never crashed on me and I had fun playing them so its definitly not a major issue that every player will encounter.It sucks for the players who expirenced it of course but its hard for me to be angry.I remember when I was a kid SNES and N64 games crashed all the time and it sucked but the games were still good

Well the majority has the glitches and while you should be able to defend or still like the ports, you can't just turn a blind eye just because yours don't have them. That's just how I feel anyways.

Again: not my game, not my problem.

I feel like you all have your priorities wrong. If you try and defend the HD ReMixes and their issues, you are wrong. It is not an opinion of whether the game is good or bad. It is a fact that these problems exist, and that they show what happens if you rush Square and/or they get lazy. Don't do that to KH3. When people say "I disagree because I have never encountered any of these (glitches) (freezes) (crashes) that you mentioned," do you realize how poor of an argument that is? "Wow, I've never seen this happen before so it must NEVER happen right?" It's really when you say that to yourself is when you see how absurd and ridiculous your own words mean. I don't care if you've never seen a crash in 2.5 before, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's not a disc problem; it exists on every disc. Go Limit Form in the Xemnas 1 fight at the beginning and then revert after he puts the orb draining move on you. 9 times out of 10, your game will crash, which is absolutely unacceptable because that is an IN-GAME MECHANIC that should never result in something like a game crash. Summon Bambi in Monstro chambers and walk around in 1.5; the game will crash. Idle too long in a start menu; the game will crash. Random and consistent pause lags at the beginning of fights in 2.5; unbearably long loadtimes, most apparent in 2.5 (1.5 also has long load times but is often looked over due to the newly added cutscene skips). These are all real issues that exist. It doesn't matter if you've run into them 10 times or none, it doesn't matter if it doesn't affect you the slightest; the fact that they exist and CAN affect a player's experience is proof that it's an issue from Square's horrible porting and laziness. Please don't defend Square for making these errors. The Final Xemnas fight in 2.5 is not one time thing or a disc thing. It basically tells me that Square did not bother testing that fight (or even the entire game) at all, because if they did, there is no way they would miss something as obvious as that. It literally makes the fight on higher difficulties impossible without the use of spamming Limits for invincibility.  You won't get anything from defending Square on these issues. So for a moment, just put down your fanboy/girl-ism and stop pretending Square has been doing a great job so far, because if you do, they'll do the same "great job" for KH3 and make it terrible and filled with bugs and glitches. Constructive criticism is never a bad thing; just because the game is part of your favorite series does not mean it is perfect. KH2FM (PS2) is my favorite game of all time in my favorite series of all time. Does that mean it's perfect? Not at all; it's filled with issues actually. So don't be so stubborn with the other games. Be accepting of the mistakes and problems it has, and work to have Square fix them. I just wanted to get that little bit out there. Thanks for reading :)

I don't think it's your place to tell us how our priorities should be set and what to say. If they have problems, fine. If there are people who don't have issues with the game at all, fine. It isn't up to you say deem it nonsense automatically. Would people seriously lie to prove a point? A few people who are fanatics might, but the large majority would not. You can't tell people how and what to believe and say.