Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Toominator

Bill Farmer interviewed about Kingdom Hearts and confirms he recorded for Kingdom Hearts III in 2015

We know that Square Enix stays very tight-lipped on its proceedings, even when dealing with the voice actors (see Ben Diskin's comments on the last E3 trailer, when the KH team wouldn't tell him what he was recording for or even that he was supposed to be doing a "younger" young Xehanort; they only told him to copy the Japanese VA's voice. They didn't let any details slip.).

Chances are very high that they haven't confirmed or denied what Mr. Farmer was recording for at the time; if he's positive that it wasn't for any of the "side" games, it could have been just for any KH3 trailers that are due out this year. Also gonna mention that within the last year, Nomura made the remark that he’s still not sure how he’s going to do the ending for KH3; I find it unlikely that since then he’s come up with the idea, had the team do the storyboard, the script, had both cleaned up to the final stages, and brought in the VAs to do the recordings, least of all the English VAs.

LONG STORY SHORT, I sincerely doubt Bill Farmer's really done recording. No offense to him, but VA opinions have not been the most reliable things in history.

We know that Square Enix stays very tight-lipped on its proceedings, even when dealing with the voice actors (see Ben Diskin's comments on the last E3 trailer, when the KH team wouldn't tell him what he was recording for or even that he was supposed to be doing a "younger" young Xehanort; they only told him to copy the Japanese VA's voice. They didn't let any details slip.).

Chances are very high that they haven't confirmed or denied what Mr. Farmer was recording for at the time; if he's positive that it wasn't for any of the "side" games, it could have been just for any KH3 trailers that are due out this year.

LONG STORY SHORT, I sincerely doubt he's really done recording. No offense to him, but VA opinions have not been the most reliable things in history.

he never said he was done recording though. He just said that he was doing voice acting for a few years

Not sure what to think of that xD

But I hope this means a worldwide release is more than possible :D

Oh yeah I forgot this year it's 1 anniversary for Bill's tweet from last year. Happy 1 anniversary Bill Farmer's tweet. 

I hope so too a worldwide release would please everyone.

he never said he was done recording though. He just said that he was doing voice acting for a few years

He did, actually:

According to Bill, since he was done recording, he figured the game would be released relatively soon.

His previous Tweet said so, and he seems to reinforce that in this interview.

He did, actually:

According to Bill, since he was done recording, he figured the game would be released relatively soon.

His previous Tweet said so, and he seems to reinforce that in this interview.

Oh, I didn't see that for sine reason

It's also possible he could be confusing recording lines for KHIII with lines for the Re:Coded 2.5 cutscenes and possibly even 2.8's 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage. I don't doubt that he's done recordings for KHIII, but he may be lumping all of his recording sessions together as if they're all part of KHIII when he could just have them confused.

i think this confirms that they are TRYING to make a worldwide release happen, but like i said trying, it might not happen though.

It's also possible he could be confusing recording lines for KHIII with lines for the Re:Coded 2.5 cutscenes and possibly even 2.8's 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage. I don't doubt that he's done recordings for KHIII, but he may be lumping all of his recording sessions together as if they're all part of KHIII when he could just have them confused.

its possible but i highly doubt it since he gave his reason for why he was confused. still you could be right.

This all but confirms my theory that the localization teams are working very closely together in order to give KH3 a worldwide release.  I am doubtful that he is finished though, especially since Nomura said a few months back that the ending of KH3 wasn't finished, and you would assume that Goofy will be in the ending in some way.

I don't buy it

After hearing how secretive SE were with Young Xehanorts VA i don't really consider them a reliable source of info

Plus just last year Nomura said he was still trying to figure out where to go with the ending, implying the script hadn't even been finished yet