[UPDATED] Provisional Kingdom Hearts III trailer release plan revealed: new video on December 10, final trailer on December 18, and cinema commercials on December 16 and 21


Aquaberry

Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura has tweeted that the next Kingdom Hearts III trailer is planned for release on December 10, 2018! Nomura adds that on December 18, there will be a "final" - possibly referencing a final trailer - and lastly on December 21 a half-minute commercial movie (for theatres) will be revealed. The full translation of the tweet is provided below, which point to this release plan being provisional.

Quote

Good evening. Sorry for all the confusion concerning the release of the trailer that I mentioned for next month. So I will give a prediction on when to expect it. The next trailers will be released in December.

On the 10th> New video
On the 18th> Final
On the 21st> A 30 seconds commercial movie (for theaters)*

I am planning it because it is still in progress. So it is undecided until its proper release time. Well then, until next month. 
Nomura

*Previously, after the release of the Together trailer, Nomura tweeted that he was working on a separate version for Japan.

Translations have been provided by KH13 Staff Mio-chan, Solis, and NihonScribe

The original tweet follows.

 
[UPDATE]: Kingdom Hearts' (worldwide) official Twitter account recently tweeted Nomura's clarification on the trailers' release dates. You can check his message here below:
 
UPDATE (Dec 7, 2018): Kingdom Hearts Director Tetsuya Nomura has tweeted about the times for the next few trailers. The new video will be on December 10th at Midnight Japan Time and the Final 2018 trailer will be on December 18th at 5:00 PM Japan Time
We have provided translations for the tweet. You can read them below. (Translations provided by KH13 Staff member Mio-Chan)
 
Quote

“Good morning. I am very pleased that public relations increased beyond expectations (future announcement). I’m here to inform you that the planning for the videos have been changed.

December 10th at midnight: New video
December 16th at 18:00: 30 seconds Commercial Movie (Japanese domestic theaters combined videos)
December 18th at 17:00: Final trailer
December 21st, hour to be determined: 15 seconds CM n°3
All are in Japanese standard time. Time may slightly change depending on the circumstances.”

 

 
 
Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments



I still had what he said about trailers next month in my head. I haven't forgotten what he said. Just like yesterday's trailer from Amazon Games, I wasn't really disappointed at all. And me just saying we got December to look forward to. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, Zeldablade7 said:

Don't we have to keep timezones in mind though? The 10th of December in Japanese time is the 9th of December in North America 

In our reports we use local dates or the dates given. He didn't specify the time, so we can't know for sure what the day would be in different parts of the world

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Awesome Sauce said:

Jeez..

How did we go from no news for months to getting a trailer nearly every month?

It's called "famousness" and "commercializing" XD
I guess KHIII has become one of the biggest projects of the company and using the most famous Disney movies makes this game to be the most famous title of them all, forcing the company to raise more commercials from the team just to ensure that the game is worth developing and many customers would be attracted to it even newcomers. Not to mention that we are getting closer to the game making the commercials to be a huge support and almost an essential factor before the release of the game. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am seeing this, I am embracing the dates and I love it but... does that mean we won't be getting anything in the Barcelona Games World event with Shinji-San and Jump Festa with probably Nomura-San?

It's kinda hard to believe that TBH.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

I am seeing this, I am embracing the dates and I love it but... does that mean we won't be getting anything in the Barcelona Games World event with Shinji-San and Jump Festa with probably Nomura-San?

It's kinda hard to believe that TBH.

Yeah Shinji might announce Sora 4 Smash.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Awesome Sauce said:

Jeez..

How did we go from no news for months to getting a trailer nearly every month?

Well, it is coming out in two months. So they would want to promote it as much as possible.

1 hour ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

I am seeing this, I am embracing the dates and I love it but... does that mean we won't be getting anything in the Barcelona Games World event with Shinji-San and Jump Festa with probably Nomura-San?

It's kinda hard to believe that TBH.

They did say it's still in process and undecided. But these are the most likely dates. I would lower expectations for Barcelona since I feel they would have already decided on that. But if there is one it would most likely be like the Tangled trailer.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tyranto Rex said:

Well, it is coming out in two months. So they would want to promote it as much as possible.

They did say it's still in process and undecided. But these are the most likely dates. I would lower expectations for Barcelona since I feel they would have already decided on that. But if there is one it would most likely be like the Tangled trailer.

I'd find it odd for Shinji to go all the way to announce something as simple as an already revealed world trailer, still cool tho. What it seems weird to me is how all of the dates are for December and like Nomura said, multiple trailers in December. As for the November one... it might still be a possibility since the Cinema/Together Trailer was already going by the time Nomura made the statements so, they might have just released it for the public and we still have "one more in November" to happen this Thursday. Might be just wishful thinking tho.

1 hour ago, KH4Real said:

Yeah Shinji might announce Sora 4 Smash.

I mean it would be very neat! But I have lost hope for that to happen already since they announced all the contenders. I see a really low possibility for the DLC content they announced. but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

I'd find it odd for Shinji to go all the way to announce something as simple as an already revealed world trailer, still cool tho.

It's not odd. Hashimoto has been at many events in the past months all across Europe and he didn't unveil a trailer, or anything at all, at every single event. He could also be there for promotional work, especially since the game has just gone gold. Being present can already make a difference without revealing something new.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merilly said:

It's not odd. Hashimoto has been at many events in the past months all across Europe and he didn't unveil a trailer, or anything at all, at every single event. He could also be there for promotional work, especially since the game has just gone gold. Being present can already make a difference without revealing something new.

Yeah you got a point there. Well I hope he surprise us anyway :)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Yeah you got a point there. Well I hope he surprise us anyway :)

I think that's a hope that everyone has, me included. :D I'm not expecting anything either but it would be a nice surprise nonetheless and having hopes is not a bad thing.

I'm just careful to relate news to his presence in Barcelona, like some fans tend to do just to get very disappointed that it didn't live up to their hype, since he's been at so many events. Last year, I would have been more inclined to hope for something but after seeing so many news with him being at a multitude of events, that dampened down a bit to having more restrained hopes.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

So two more trailers left! That's good because I think we don't need any more trailers in January. Plus, I rather have more interviews in January before the release date. So pretty much the playable worlds and playable areas in KH3 confirmed are...

Olympus (Hercules)

Twilight Town (Original)

Kingdom of Corona  (Tangled)

Arendelle (Frozen)

Toy Box (Toy Story)

Monstropolis (Monster's Inc.)

The Caribbean (Pirates of the Caribbean)

San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6)

100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh)

Realm of Darkness (Original)

Cloud World (Original)

Nomura's Favorite World (Original)

I'm really excited to see the new trailers and I'm hoping for one or two more New World announcement in one of those trailers, especially the movies with princesses. However, I'm keeping my expectations very very low. I don't want to hype myself and then get disappointed in the end if they didn't reveal a new Disney or Pixar world. But if that's all the Disney and Pixar worlds in KH3 than I'm happy with the World Roster we got. Well except 100 Acre World. I'm very excited for the new trailers in December, but yeah I'm keeping expectations very very low.

Edited by Movies798

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t believe we are here t minus two months away from a game we were promised over a decade ago is finally gonna be here without any delays and we are still getting tons of news about it. Square Enix has treated KH3 very well these past few months and will get plenty of people back on board whether they are diehard or casual fans or new ones.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Merilly said:

I think that's a hope that everyone has, me included. :D I'm not expecting anything either but it would be a nice surprise nonetheless and having hopes is not a bad thing.

I'm just careful to relate news to his presence in Barcelona, like some fans tend to do just to get very disappointed that it didn't live up to their hype, since he's been at so many events. Last year, I would have been more inclined to hope for something but after seeing so many news with him being at a multitude of events, that dampened down a bit to having more restrained hopes.

Yes I know what you mean, I generally go with the event importance to expect more or less respectively, but since his appearance in XO18 in Mexico I tend to give a little bit more of hope when the guy decides to show up. It's like: If he attends it's a 50/50 and if he doesn't it's a 20/80 of something substential appearing there, unless it's a quite major event like E3 or JF.

Right now I think something will go down at Barcelona Games World, if it doesn't then it's OK. I don't even need a trailer TBH, just give me a random shocking answer in an interview and I will be sold. It's also about what you hope, it doesn't always have to be a trailer, like that BH6 reveal at D23 where it was just the concept and it was anyways super exciting.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Yes I know what you mean, I generally go with the event importance to expect more or less respectively, but since his appearance in XO18 in Mexico I tend to give a little bit more of hope when the guy decides to show up. It's like: If he attends it's a 50/50 and if he doesn't it's a 20/80 of something substential appearing there, unless it's a quite major event like E3 or JF.

Right now I think something will go down at Barcelona Games World, if it doesn't then it's OK. I don't even need a trailer TBH, just give me a random shocking answer in an interview and I will be sold. It's also about what you hope, it doesn't always have to be a trailer, like that BH6 reveal at D23 where it was just the concept and it was anyways super exciting.

Yeah, though it seems like some of their decisions are fairly random. For example, we've got so many screenshots and renders without any occasion, which is why people are probably expecting video material from events at this point. I mean, the concept art was great but it was a world reveal at the same time and way earlier when information was scarce. But you're right, it's not completely unlikely and the dates are tentative and don't imply there won't be any other form of news.

Though I agree that I would also be satisfied just to get an interview. I like those since they can share a bit of information on development. It doesn't have to be a trailer all the time, though screenshots would depend on what is shown. We've seen quite a bit already so just seeing a picture of Sora standing near Rapunzel's tower for example wouldn't really make me squeal in excitement. xD But the screenshot of Maximus was great on the other hand because we didn't see him so far.

I generally keep my expectations low. It would be a lie to say I'm not hoping, but I also know that there's no guarantee and feel a lot less disappointed this way. It's wlso not as important anymore. I love the hype around the news and reveals but since the game comes out in 2 months, I feel like I don't need that much more to bridge the wait.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

I'd find it odd for Shinji to go all the way to announce something as simple as an already revealed world trailer, still cool tho.

We thought he was going to be there, but now BCNGW are saying he never confirmed it. So now we actually don't know if he's going or not... But as exec producer it's normal for him to do many work trips around the game and the other games he's in charge of

I wouldn't expect anything from BCNGW so if anything does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tephabock said:

I can’t believe we are here t minus two months away from a game we were promised over a decade ago is finally gonna be here without any delays and we are still getting tons of news about it. Square Enix has treated KH3 very well these past few months and will get plenty of people back on board whether they are diehard or casual fans or new ones.

The good thing about kingdom hearts is even the people who say they hate it are going to play it for the amazing gameplay and boss battles alone. It brings people together that way.

 

This also means we wont get any news in two months then oh well everything that needed to be said is allready said

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes!!!!😁😁😁😁😘

 

I can't wait to see the final 2 trailers and second cinema commercial for Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming to Barcelona Game World event and Jump Festa 2019 event at the same time for next month, right before the Launch Trailer does!!!

And this time, I can't wait to hear the full songs, "Don't Think Twice" by Utada Hikaru in the final trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3!

Even, "Kingdom Hearts Timeline" has been connected them all into the whole story and that means this could be the end of Kingdom Hearts  game franchise!

 

And what I'm trying to say is............ The Final 2 trailers and second cinema commercial for Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming next month!!

 

And now, thanks for the news information about Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far and Kingdom Hearts 3, cause they were all connected in the great circle of life!!

 

Right, everyone?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Merilly said:

Yeah, though it seems like some of their decisions are fairly random. For example, we've got so many screenshots and renders without any occasion, which is why people are probably expecting video material from events at this point. I mean, the concept art was great but it was a world reveal at the same time and way earlier when information was scarce. But you're right, it's not completely unlikely and the dates are tentative and don't imply there won't be any other form of news.

Though I agree that I would also be satisfied just to get an interview. I like those since they can share a bit of information on development. It doesn't have to be a trailer all the time, though screenshots would depend on what is shown. We've seen quite a bit already so just seeing a picture of Sora standing near Rapunzel's tower for example wouldn't really make me squeal in excitement. xD But the screenshot of Maximus was great on the other hand because we didn't see him so far.

I generally keep my expectations low. It would be a lie to say I'm not hoping, but I also know that there's no guarantee and feel a lot less disappointed this way. It's wlso not as important anymore. I love the hype around the news and reveals but since the game comes out in 2 months, I feel like I don't need that much more to bridge the wait.

IKR? It's so close as of now that we don't even need actual footage or anything to compensate for the wait, and with 3 trailers already confirmed we are sure to be A-Okay from now on. IT IS ALMOST TIME! :D

8 hours ago, Aquaberry said:

We thought he was going to be there, but now BCNGW are saying he never confirmed it. So now we actually don't know if he's going or not... But as exec producer it's normal for him to do many work trips around the game and the other games he's in charge of

I wouldn't expect anything from BCNGW so if anything does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised

You're absolutely right Aquaberry! I overstepped to conclusions, but he never confirmed it. The fact as you say he said he was going to Barcelona doesn't mean he will be announcing anything at BGW2018. Let's just wait for the released dates as of now.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites



Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now