Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Why can't Kingdom Hearts III just be the end?

I agree. I fear it may lose its appeal after a certain length of time, especially if they run out of interesting Disney worlds to utilize.  It should conclude with the Xehanort Saga and keep itself contained to one unique and compelling story.  :mellow:

Edited by Lordrogersmith6485

Honestly, why does Kingdom Hearts have to continue past Kingdom Hearts III? People will get bored with the series. Having the HD remasters released ahead of KH3 is a fantastic move, and I can't wait for them. But honestly if the series ended with the HD ReMIXes and KH3 I'd be happy. The series should have the right ending. What honestly what are they going to do after KH3? I don't want to see the KH series lose it's magic with KH4 or KH5. It's not like Final Fantasy which has a separate world/story for every number. The countless side stories have hurt it's reputation enough, now with the HD ReMIXes and KH3's announcement the magic is as strong as it has been since KH2FM. But is a KH4 worth the risk?

Tetsuya Nomura said it himself, he never thought it would last ten years. So why must it last twenty+?

I think the system are almost the same but with different storylines imo,so yeah,we don't know what will happen after that.....

Edit : And for your question,i think Square Enix was just need more money i guess...

Edited by Hazimie

Because Square needs more money of course :P

The countless side stories have hurt it's reputation enough,

Lol gotta love it when people call the handheld KH games "side stories"

Edited by Tails

Honestly, why does Kingdom Hearts have to continue past Kingdom Hearts III? People will get bored with the series. Having the HD remasters released ahead of KH3 is a fantastic move, and I can't wait for them. But honestly if the series ended with the HD ReMIXes and KH3 I'd be happy. The series should have the right ending. What honestly what are they going to do after KH3? I don't want to see the KH series lose it's magic with KH4 or KH5. It's not like Final Fantasy which has a separate world/story for every number. The countless side stories have hurt it's reputation enough, now with the HD ReMIXes and KH3's announcement the magic is as strong as it has been since KH2FM. But is a KH4 worth the risk?

Tetsuya Nomura said it himself, he never thought it would last ten years. So why must it last twenty+?

Because Square Enix is greedy, and they will milk KH like they have been doing with Final Fantasy for 26 years. Hopefully KH will last only one more saga after KH3, and then it'll be over for good.

I really do love the KH series and i kinda do want the story to end in 3 and i kinda don't, but with a kh4 that maybe had a new story and characters, they could also have new mechanics, kind of like a sandbox maybe, or a more final fantasy type, i just want to see some experimentation if the series continues after 3

If they do make another saga after the current one, I cannot see a antagonist better than Xehanort. I find he is a good enough antagonist to start and end the KH franchise. He is patient, smart and very powerful. But we will have to see how KHIII ends before we can say: "No more Kingdom Hearts after this"

I honestly like to see what they do with KH after this saga,I still think there is enough worlds and enough potential to make something really good.Id like to see a new story,new characters,and explore new worlds that they havent done yet.I still see potential for this series,it may not be as good as this saga,but at the same time it may also be better,Id just like to see what happens after this saga

I hope after KH3...They won't make another KH game for about 20 years unless they make a side story for the Vita. Maybe something different for the next generations of gamers...I dunno for KH4.

I kinda agree.... I don't really feel the need for KH to continue past III.

I mean if they can come up with another cool story, that's great, but I don't really know how I feel about the current KH universe

The characters are kinda done developing so it might not be as... special? I'm guessing they can always add in more characters, but that sounds unnecessary and kinda weird aswell.

Maybe they can manage to do more development for the characters (such as the BBS trio, Kairi, maybe incorporate more Squeenix people)

and I'm kinda worried that since they're expecting it to be another franchise they would go with a more chronological approach... and that would suck the fun out of it imo. Finding things out from the more minor games was amusing

As long as Kingdom Hearts III ends good I think I would be happy with the series ending there. I wouldn't want Kingdom Hearts to become one of those series that just keeps on going to make a profit.  

Some of these "side stories" are more important than KH2.

I made a post like this awhile back. I wish KH3 would be the end & let KH go down in video gaming history, but square doesn't know how to end anything. FF is up to its 13th story, and there is already plans for 14 & 15, and how many freaking side games are there!? A ton. I guess I don't mind if they go a little further with KH, but I hope they don't milk it like they do with FF. I want to live to see the end of my favorite story of all time. I hope KH3 is the end, but I doubt it will be...have to make as much money as possible...

Well, another important point to add to this discussion is that, let's face it, we're getting older, really think about how old the series is.  KH3 represents the end of the Xehanort Saga, which, for us, will always be the true Kingdom Hearts, but that doesn't mean there won't be generations following ours that will feel the same way.  There are more stories to be written for Kingdom Hearts, and there's plenty more potential candidates to enjoy those stories, including us, if we so desire, or excluding us, if that happens to be the case.

Some of these "side stories" are more important than KH2.

How do you think that? The most important entries in the series so far are Kingdom Hearts & Kingdom Hearts II. Than Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts 3D and Chain of Memories and then 358/2 Days & Re:coded.

How do you think that? The most important entries in the series so far are Kingdom Hearts & Kingdom Hearts II. Than Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts 3D and Chain of Memories and then 358/2 Days & Re:coded.

I think KH3D was slightly more important than Kingdom Hearts II because, well, it told us that most of the stuff that we learned in KH2 was just a sham.

Well, another important point to add to this discussion is that, let's face it, we're getting older, really think about how old the series is. KH3 represents the end of the Xehanort Saga, which, for us, will always be the true Kingdom Hearts, but that doesn't mean there won't be generations following ours that will feel the same way. There are more stories to be written for Kingdom Hearts, and there's plenty more potential candidates to enjoy those stories, including us, if we so desire, or excluding us, if that happens to be the case.

The doctors got a point, plus there's the fact that I have had a constant fear of the series ending for 7 years now, I've come I terms that it will be there always even when I don't buy the games, one day, I pray my kids will like it as much as I didOh, and also nomura said that sora was his favorite creation, he's not going to just let it die like that

I want to see where the series goes after 3. Though at this very moment I truly want Sora's story to end with KH III and us getting a new protagonist. Not because I dislike Sora, but because I feel that the character should be able to get a rest. I don't know why, but even with all this set up I can't think of KH III as an end for the entire series. I know KH III hasn't came out yet, but to me it feels like there is something missing, another tale that needs to be told.

i think there's a lot to reveal after kh3..something like what happen between bbs and kh1 etc..they might not reveal it on kh3 intead there is another story which leads to another chronicle/arc