Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xionskeyblade

Kingdom Hearts III ReMind DLC to release in this Winter, new teaser trailer shown at the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- performance in Los Angeles

New information regarding the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III: Re:Mind DLC has been revealed at the Los Angeles performance of Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- today! In keeping with his appearances at the previous Kingdom Hearts orchestras in Los Angeles and this year's -World of Tres- performance in Tokyo, series director Tetsuya Nomura made a guest appearance at the end of the concert to announce this information and present a new teaser trailer for the DLC.

After coming out onto the stage, Nomura was greeted with a standing ovation from the audience. He said that he arrived in Los Angeles on the same day of the concert, commenting "I haven't even unpacked, and I accidentally came wearing sandals", eliciting a hearty laugh from the audience. Nomura then mentioned that the paid DLC was revealed at the Tokyo performance, before stating "We have prepared something to show today, for the people who came here, so have a look." He remarked that the trailer shown at the orchestra is "exclusive" (despite the trailer subsequently being published on YouTube), and that video and photography were not permitted. Nomura also revealed that the Re:Mind DLC will be launched this winter and will include "more scenes that we will like."

Credit to KH13 staff member Mio-chan for providing translations of Nomura's words!

Shortly after the concert, the English version of the Re:Mind teaser was uploaded on the official Kingdom Hearts Youtube channel. You can watch it below.

The Japanese version is as follows:

In this trailer, we witness a meeting between Young Xehanort and a cloaked figure who seems to be Master of Masters, in the Keyblade Graveyard. The scene alludes to Young Xehanort being mentored by the him, who asks him how "the world tour" went. It seems he gave Xehanort the black coat to ward off the darkness, which is interesting seeing that in this scene, Young Xehanort's eyes are of the original grey colour instead of yellow, commonly a symbol of darkness.

I But the most striking scene seems to be the one between Xigbar and Luxord, both characters with roots from Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross]. Luxord confronts Xigbar at in the world of Olympus, asking him who he is, but then leaves saying it doesn't matter anyway. Xigbar then wonders out loud, "The question is who are you, Luxord?" This makes an allusion to how the identity of Luxord may be central to the story of Kingdom Hearts.

In terms of gameplay, the Re:Mind DLC will make the players able to play with Riku, Aqua, and Roxas in certain situations. The trailer features these playable characters during the battles in the Keyblade Gravevyard towards the end of the game.

The Oathkeeper Keyblade and the Keyblade's formchange also makes an appearance.

From the DLC's first reveal announcement in the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- Tokyo show, we know that the ReMind DLC will be a paid DLC to include:

• An additional Scenario, "Re:Mind"
  • Limit Cut Episode + Boss
  • Secret Episode + Boss
  • English VA option (only for Japan; no word on an equivalent option for non-JP copies)

We also know that there will be a free DLC featuring a new Keyblade and a new formchange.

Lastly, another interesting feature about the Re:Mind DLC is the coda symbol featured in its logo. In music, a coda ("⊕") is a passage that brings a piece (or a movement) to an end. According to an observation made by Project Destati, this could have additional symbolism in regards to the additional story content that the Re:Mind DLC could bring to Kingdom Hearts III.

You can check out some screenshots from the Re:Mind teaser trailer below!

We have also uploaded a photo album with some interesting pictures from the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- concert at Los Angeles. Check it out below!

Credit to KH13 staff member Raxaimus for representing KH13 at this event and providing us with info!

Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind will be releasing this winter! What are your expectation from the DLC so far? Let us know in the comments!

View full article

Nice! Thanks for this! So Luxord is going to have a much bigger role in both KH3 and probably in Union X? Nice ! It's great to see Riku, and Aqua, and Roxas as playable characters in the Keyblade Graveyard but I afraid it will only happen during the boss fights. It would be cool to play the other characters during the story mode, but it's very understandable if they can't make that happen.

Now I'm wondering if those fights in the trailer are the KH3 equivalent of the Data Org., or if they're actually straight-up changing the main scenario (something that has never been done before in this series). Note that Xigbar and Dark Riku in the playable Riku section have similar max HP to their base game equivalents—I expect more than that from a theoretical post-game superboss fight.

Also, it feels so weird to have Sora as support (base game Saïx jokes not withstanding).

6 minutes ago, AnotherXehanort13 said:

I-IS THAT YOUNG XEHANORT TALKING TO THE FCKING MoM!?!?!?!

YXs EYES ARENT YELLOW!?!?

WrKPhfd.gif

I'm getting the feeling that the MoM was the one who initially drove Xehanort to basically go off the deep end…which is, of course, what he wanted to happen in the first place.

Also, that "world tour" joke is so very meta and you know Nomura was itching for a chance to do something like that.

Edited by Ultima Spark

Epic it looks that Xgbar really needed YX to in order to erase his memories.

22 hours ago, Ultima Spark said:

I'm getting the feeling that the MoM was the one who initially drove Xehanort to basically go off the deep end…which is, of course, what he wanted to happen in the first place.

Also, that "world tour" joke is so very meta and you know Nomura was itching for a chance to do something like that.

I have the feeling that MoM is Noctis that s why the FFXV content was showed in the secret ending.

HAVE S0 MANY QUESTIONS! MakeAGIF.com

OH GOD, please tell me we'll also get to play as MICKEY, VENTUS, XION, LEA, TERRA, and KAIRI!! I really need to play as Kairi!! And an Oblivion Keyblade and Formchange too, and a scene teasing Demyx's past identity, and that secret boss they teased, and and GAAAAHHHHHH!!! Winter better mean December this time, I FREAKING SWEAR!!! X'D"""

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

6 minutes ago, Hero of Light XIV said:

OH GOD, please tell me we'll also get to play as MICKEY, VENTUS, XION, LEA, TERRA, and KAIRI!! I really need to play as Kairi!! And an Oblivion Keyblade and Formchange too, and a scene teasing Demyx's past identity, and that secret boss they teased, and and GAAAAHHHHHH!!! Winter better mean December this time, I FREAKING SWEAR!!! X'D"""

I'm hoping that theyre going to add an option before each boss to pick your character to play as. So if, during the fight with Saix you want to play as Lea, you can select him and then you can pick your playable character in all the fights. 

I can't really get excited yet becuase none of the new gameplay content has been shown: just new mechanics with the different playable characters and Oathkeeper. 

However I am excited that Luxord will get a bit of a spotlight and we now have more reason to belive he's important than just that scene with Xemnas in the KBG

Very excited to be able to play as my boi Roxas again! And from the looks of it get to have the Sea-Salt trio as a full party team vs Saix. Dreams do come true. But like said above. I hope Lea, Xion, and Ventus are also playable too and you get to choose. If they can squeeze in Roxas surely they could do the others right? Well I'm hopeful.

Luxord is becoming more and more important all the time. I always liked him since Days, but never expected this much. I can't wait to see how well he plays the game.

5 hours ago, Justin Holland said:

Hoping kairi is a surprise for e3 or near launch.

Me 2

5 hours ago, Hero of Light XIV said:

I’d love to play Kairi!

Sugar me what is the MoM doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugar me what is the MoM doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one disappointed?

Sure it's a teaser, but even then it doesn't really show just what the DLC is about. I guess they're adding onto the keyblade graveyard??

It was also so awkward to see the cutscenes with no dialogue. Guess they haven't recorded anything yet.

15 hours ago, Hero of Light XIV said:

Breathe there little guy! One "inhale" two "exhale"

Who am i kidding this is.gonna be the best thing in the universe forever!!!!!!11!1!1!!

17 hours ago, Ultima Spark said:

Now I'm wondering if those fights in the trailer are the KH3 equivalent of the Data Org., or if they're actually straight-up changing the main scenario (something that has never been done before in this series). 

This sounds like the most kingdom heartsiest thing i have ever heard so we get the mainline cutscenes of events than the alternative version which isnt canon in an allready complicated story

If we are going to have to wait until Christmas for the new DLC, the better stop fooling around and start giving us important updates for the main story of KH:UX. We may be with "Wreck It Ralph" story now, but they better gave us something else than that. 

Thanks for showing this to us, xionskeyblade!

Ahhh, good lord, you don't know how hard I fanboyed when I saw the trailer for ReMind! These additions to the story will no doubt be amazing, and getting to see the Master Of Masters talking to Young Xehanort!? Gahhh!!!!

GETTING TO FIGHT THE KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD BATTLES WITH THE GUARDIANS INSTEAD OF JUST SORA!? HELLS YEAH!

Oathkeeper returning with that badass new form is exciting as hell, and the reveal of Luxord apparently being more important that we thought has me intrigued! I can't wait for Winter! :D

I'm very skeptical. If it's just add on to Keyblade Graveyard fights, it feels like they're making us pay for cut content, because that section went way too fast and introduced dramatic character shifts without any motivation (Larxene????). Also, the lack of Oathkeeper and Oblivion (which I can only assume they'll add next) was an interesting decision. 

I'll keep my eye on it, but right now, the DLC is a no buy from me. Even if I get to play dual weild Roxas for the third time. 

7 hours ago, Raynaninja said:

In my opinion from just this trailer, it looks boring and it probably won't add much, but seeing more of Xigbar and Luxord is always nice.

With Nomura, nothing is ever as it seems at first glance. And this is coming out in Winter, so if it were just a small add on, why bother waiting to release it then when it could be released over the summer? I believe there's more to this than meets the eye, ya know?