Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Kiss  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Kiss or no kiss?

• Kiss
    • No Kiss
    • Maybe

In my opinion, Sora needs to grow up, and actually spend more time getting to know Kairi.

Right now, I'm not buying their relationship at all. All we've seen so far is them talking to each-other, with no context as to why they should like one-another at all. Yes, we know they're friends, but we don't know why they are or how they've grown so close as the game TELLS us they are. This is the problem with the relationship for me, I just can't accept it because these characters aren't giving me any reason as to why they should be together. I want to see them end up with one-another, but I want to see it done right, and I want to see it done convincingly.

Edited by Mr. Mancer

I would love it, I feel like KH2 was leading up to that!!! The whole fricking game was based on relationships, with every world ending in a tender moment between the main couple of the world, and Sora of course missing Kairi, discussing his feelings for her or even (my favorite scene ^_^) imagining dancing with her and talking about wanting to be with her. I feel like after all that build up and hinting it would be fitting. 

However, we all know Nomura's style and I'm concerned he won't feel it's necessary because in truth it's not. The game is more heavily based on friendship than love, even if there is some hinting towards romance. But let's all keep our fingers crossed!(:

I kind of want them too because it just seems like it has to happen but at the same time, it's a rated E(10+) game so I kind of doubt they will kiss.

But who knows? 

Edited by Noobles

I kind of want them too because it just seems like it has to happen but at the same time, it's a rated E(10+) game so I kind of doubt they will kiss.

But who knows? 

It's also rated PG, and plenty of people kiss in PG rated things.

Aren't the classic disney movies rated PG? Because I KNOW the princess kisses someone eventually, so it should fall within the category.

Aren't the classic disney movies rated PG? Because I KNOW the princess kisses someone eventually, so it should fall within the category.

The classic Disney movies were rated G.

It's a kiss. It's not anything bad. :O

I'd rather they didn't. It's cool that people ship it and all, but I stand firm in my belief that KH should not canonize ships when it's a series about friendship and... Kairi needs some serious character development beyond her bond with Sora. I think they've set up enough seeds so that people can ship it if they wish, but I would much rather see them dedicate time to showing Kairi's connections with other characters. I want to see her be training buddies with Lea, interact with Disney characters, and the writers need to stop neglecting her friendship with Riku.Basically, I feel like a kiss should not be a major part of the story. BBS was great in its lack of focus on shipteasing. It allowed the trio to seem like genuine friends without too much focus on one member of the trio. The Destiny Islands trio by comparison is... unbalanced in its depiction. There's only been a strong focus on how Riku and Kairi relate to Sora, barring Riku's dedication to saving Kairi in KH1 and Kairi keeping Riku from running off in Kh2. Other than that? Nothing.

Right now, I'm not buying their relationship at all. All we've seen sofar is them talking to each-other, with no context as to why they shouldlike one-another at all. Yes, we know they're friends, but we don'tknow why they are or how they've grown so close as the game TELLS usthey are. This is the problem with the relationship for me, I just can'taccept it because these characters aren't giving me any reason as towhy they should be together. I want to see them end up with one-another,but I want to see it done right, and I want to see it doneconvincingly.

Yes, that's my problem with the Sora and Kairi ship as well, ESPECIALLY in KH2, where they had other characters basically talk about how much Sora likes her, how romantic it is, etc. It just doesn't feel as genuine than actually showing them without putting too much emphasis on romance. I personally don't care for the pairing (in a perfect world, I'd want OT3), but I can see the appeal when it's done with a bit more subtlety and the writers let the characters' interactions sell the ship.

Ultimately, though, I think that keeping pairings ambiguous is just better for the KH community. This fanbase already has a habit of using "canon" to validate/invalidate pairings. There's a lot of ship drama between all the SxR and SxK fans... That drama would not go away by canonizing a ship. If anything, Square would be risking upsetting a huge portion of the fanbase, losing money... And I dunno. I think it's refreshing when a story doesn't get too conclusive with romance.This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion. I have expressed it before as well, but eh. That's just how I feel.

I'd rather they didn't. It's cool that people ship it and all, but I stand firm in my belief that KH should not canonize ships when it's a series about friendship and... Kairi needs some serious character development beyond her bond with Sora. I think they've set up enough seeds so that people can ship it if they wish, but I would much rather see them dedicate time to showing Kairi's connections with other characters. I want to see her be training buddies with Lea, interact with Disney characters, and the writers need to stop neglecting her friendship with Riku.Basically, I feel like a kiss should not be a major part of the story. BBS was great in its lack of focus on shipteasing. It allowed the trio to seem like genuine friends without too much focus on one member of the trio. The Destiny Islands trio by comparison is... unbalanced in its depiction. There's only been a strong focus on how Riku and Kairi relate to Sora, barring Riku's dedication to saving Kairi in KH1 and Kairi keeping Riku from running off in Kh2. Other than that? Nothing.

Yes, that's my problem with the Sora and Kairi ship as well, ESPECIALLY in KH2, where they had other characters basically talk about how much Sora likes her, how romantic it is, etc. It just doesn't feel as genuine than actually showing them without putting too much emphasis on romance. I personally don't care for the pairing (in a perfect world, I'd want OT3), but I can see the appeal when it's done with a bit more subtlety and the writers let the characters' interactions sell the ship.

Ultimately, though, I think that keeping pairings ambiguous is just better for the KH community. This fanbase already has a habit of using "canon" to validate/invalidate pairings. There's a lot of ship drama between all the SxR and SxK fans... That drama would not go away by canonizing a ship. If anything, Square would be risking upsetting a huge portion of the fanbase, losing money... And I dunno. I think it's refreshing when a story doesn't get too conclusive with romance.This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion. I have expressed it before as well, but eh. That's just how I feel.

You're so right about developing Kairi in more ways than just her relationship with Sora. I love to see her and Riku caring about each other too and not just Sora and Riku and Sora and Kairi. I've also been thinking how perfect BBS trio is in this because we get to know much of all the relationships between every characters. But maybe one reason wy it's not like that with Sora Riku and Kairi is that we just only play as Sora usually, so we just get to know more of everyone with Sora than Riku and Kairi alone (or, maybe the bigger problem is that there's hardly anything about Kairi in some games, especially 3D, where we actually would play as Riku). So I wish they'd focus a bit more on Riku and Kairi too in KH3, and I'd love to see her interacting with a lot of other characters too, this far she hasn't really even talked much with anyone else besides Sora and Riku.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Sora and Kairi's relationship developing too and not even on a romantical way. Actually, now that they have started to hint towards it, I'd like to see it happening too because otherwise it would just feel like they're trying to please all the fans and make a story that would not irritate anyone. There's a lot of hints to Sora/Kairi, so it would feel weird if thay'd just be normal friends after everything. I don't think they need to KISS actually, but that's alright too if it just fits the story.

I see Sora and Kairi's relationship like friends. In a sense, it is almost like Serah and Noel. They really care for each other. 

So no kiss. Then people would want Roxas and Namine to kiss. Plus, the whole fandom would turn to chaos.

Edited by HikariYami