Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Oli

Would you skip Kingdom Hearts II prologue if you could?

Would you skip Kingdom Hearts II prologue if you could?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Would you skip Kingdom Hearts II prologue if you could?

• Sure, it's ridiculously long!
    • I would, but only after beating the whole game once.
    • I don't mind the prologue.
    • No, why would I do that? The prologue is great!
    • Another option? Tell us below!

I wouldn't mind after i had already beaten the game, but I thought the prologue was great. It's a key part of the story and really is an opening for Kingdom Hearts II. Plus the anticipation of playing KH2 for the first time and waiting to see Sora again was amazing. 

The way I see it, you should have had the option to skip it, the option to play it, or the option to watch one long (series of) cutscenes that basically sum up everything that happened.

I agree to this. Seriously, when you already played KH II once or twice or so...it just gets so damn annoying and boring. 

Absolutely not!  I could never abandon my precious Roxas! >.<

And I never like skipping important story parts in games unless it involves a character I hate but even then...

While the prologue is quite long and may turn KH1 only player off at first, it's essential to the whole story, especially if you want to experience KH358/2Days to the fullest. Still, the tutorial stuff should be skippable in later playthroughs.

Great tutorial for first time players, but gets annoying having to replay it if I want to beat Kingdom Hearts II (KHII & KHIIFM) on another difficulty. No hate on Roxas though. Unlike IGN. And to all you guys saying "oh, Roxas is my favorite character, I would NEVER skip his tutorial", let's be honest, after you played Kingdom Hearts I (or Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for GBA if you were following the story), when you played Kingdom Hearts II for the first time when it came out in 2005 (I mean a time nobody even knew who Roxas was), you were like "Who the hell is this kid? Where's my boi Sora?" I like Roxas, but his tutorial is waaay too long. If the tutorial was 10-20 minutes long, then that would be fine.

Edited by Khdude

I agree to this. Seriously, when you already played KH II once or twice or so...it just gets so damn annoying and boring. 

That could be said about a lot of single player games. If you play it once or twice there's bound to be at least a couple parts that are super boring because you've done them before and know how to do them/know what happens.Is the tutorial too long? yeah it probably is. But at the same time I don't think it should be cut or shorted because it's the way the creators made it. It's the way it was meant to be played.

The prologue is what set the mystery for Kingdom Hearts II!  Meeting Roxas, getting to know him, and then getting to know part of his pain was part of the mystery of it all!  And well, back then, when I played KHII for the first time, it being my first KH game, I obviously didn't know what I was getting in on, but as I played the game, I really loved what I experienced!  And now that I've played all the games so far, I find that the prologue in Kingdom Hearts II is vital!  This is where you see Roxas at his final breaking point!  After everything he had been through in Days, he was pushed into the darkest corner in Kingdom Hearts II!  And so, I think the prologue was a badass thing to do to start off KHII! :D

I don't mind playing the Prologue of Roxas. There are some good starting benefits for playing through it anyways, like a starting level up place if you are playing to get as powerful as possible, OR if you are playing level 1 Critical, and you are still allowing yourself to equip things, then you will certainly want to get that Champion's Belt from Setzer.

But if someone feels no need for that stuff, then okay. Though I just skipped the cutscenes instead. Don't want to miss out on the Axel fight. :)

"TWO?!"

Rock on!

That would be like skipping Hollow Bastion's section at the middle of the game, or skipping everything in TWTNW until the very last boss fight. It doesn't matter that you're not playing as Sora, it's still part of the story.

Also tbh if you don't do any of the side stuff you can finish it pretty fast. Even without skipping the cutscenes.

The prologue is a bit too long for its own good, but there are parts I enjoy. I really like the Struggle Tournament, the first Namine encounter, and the fight with Axel. The Seven Wonders of Twilight Town day can go join Hades in the Underworld for all I care.

while it's not the greatest of prologues, i wouldn't skip it. it sort of helps to build up Roxas as a character and reintroduces us to elements of the game (like Nobodies) in a mysterious way. The way it puts the player in an unfamiliar location with unfamiliar people almost helps to put them in Roxas' shoes as he begins to come across people he's never met and remembers locations he's never been to. Then the reveal of Sora being asleep in the pod serves as a nice welcome back to the series I guess. 

that's only if you want to look real deep into it. 

really though i don't mind the prologue and the only real annoying part (the mini games you have to play in order to earn munny) can be skipped as long as you earn at least 200 munny, i believe. So four games of Postal Service and about 40 seconds later you're done. i never had issues with the prologue. 

Yes because it takes five hours every time and Roxas is just a garbage character that nobody cares about. What a waste of time...

Kappa

Peace!

Edited by Yuya Sakaki