Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Seyin95

Why 2.8 is actually a blessing

When the game was first announced many people were irritated by another ' side game' being released by Square. However I disagreed then and I still hold the opinion even more so now that 2.8 is a blessing and well needed. 1) Most important reason ( imo) is that we've hit a brick wall with KH3, we've reverted to what world do you want... Is this world likely to appear even more so... And even worse the negativity has increased tremendously; however this isn't a rant about that... ( believe me I could). Heck people are even excited over a voice actor not recording which is actually a joke. Therefore 2.8 provides us with something NEW to talk about. I have no doubt 0.2 from a lore perspective will provide loads of new topics, eg why did Mickey keep this a secret? How has Aqua found a way to save Terra and Ven? Does this mean Lea isn't a light? Has Sora returned yet; is he a master now? Even in the space of a minute I've thought of new topics to discuss.2) Back Cover- I included this in a separate paragraph for a number of reasons. Firstly the release of unchained chi ( hello to anyone from my party reading this) has given us something to play and work on until further notice; the plot will be relevant to 3 and also watching back cover will provide us with a complete picture. Also Back Cover has the potential to either dismiss the rebirth theory or greatly enhance it. Again this kick start a debate which we lack real evidence for in the long run.3) Dream Drop Distance- whilst an old entry to the series; comparing and contrasting the gameplay between the 3ds and ps4 will be fun and it will be interesting to identify differences.4) first hand look at the Kingdom Shader- this will answer a lot of people's questions regarding the graphics and design of the game5) character design- I'm sure we all remember the reactions to Mr Shiny Forehead, sorry Yen Sid's design, I for one made a post about good the door and take looked instead; yes I am sad enough to appreciate the surroundings in games- don't mock me, even though you probably will. 2.8 will allow us to see the progress in character designs from that trailer and get an idea what they'll look like in 3.6) this game serves no harm- I doubt kh3 was scheduled for this year regardless whether this game was a thing or not. Therefore we only gained by having the game being released; we get an old game to enjoy again, a cool film and a new game. Nobody can knock this or would you rather have nothing? Overall, 2.8 is a blessing and I'm throughly looking forward to playing the games/watching the movie and engaging in new debates with people, predicting what the future has in store for us. It is a good time to be a KH fan and we should enjoy ourselves instead of looking for issues all the time. I have a saying ( pun not intended due to my name) that if you look for negatives you'll only find negatives and never see the positives in anything. Have a great weekend whatever you're doing!

I like this! Never have I seen anyone defend HD2.8 the way you did. I am fully on board with every detail.

An HD remaster for a game that didn't need it, a demo for KH3 and a short movie about a mobile game for the price of a AAA game.

Hardly a blessing imo.

The only reason they made this game was to milk more money out of you before the release of KH3.

And yes this did delay KH3 for at least another year.

The only thing that really bugs me is that even after getting 1.5 and 2.5 for the PS3, we're still being subjected to more console scrambling by making this collection exclusive for the PS4, the same as KH3.

Other than that, I don't see much of a problem. People are going to bitch about the same stupid reasons that they always bitch about, but that's just expected. At the very least, it will give me a chance to finally play Dream Drop Distance without buying a 3DS (if I even have a PS4 by then, which I highly doubt, but still, the option will be there).

Edited by Firaga Sensei

People are going to argue about this 2.8 thing until KH3 comes: KH fans love to argue, and an Aqua related game (Who may or may not be the worst/best character, depending on who you ask) will lead to tons of new threads and discussions. 2.8 will atleast keep the forums active for awhile. 

I personally am ignoring 2.8: I have no PS4, and can't afford one for a very long time. 

Oh yes, 2.8 is definitely a blessing, I agree!  Not only will we get to experience Dream Drop Distance on the big screen, but we'll get two new stories in Back Cover and 0.2!  I'm so psyched up to find out more about the Foretellers and their ambitions, and I can't wait to witness what happened to Aqua during her stay in the Realm Of Darkness!  The big question in my mind is why Mickey kept meeting her a secret from everyone!  I find it highly suspicious!

But yeah, 2.8's gonna be awesome, and I already have my PS4 set and ready to go for the game!  Thank goodness Unchained X's here, because with that, and with Dream Drop Distance for my 3DS, with the addition of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and Star Wars: Battlefront, I'll have enough games to keep my mind off of 2.8 and III, which will make my wait for both games more tolerable!  I hope we get a release date for 2.8 at this year's E3! :D

i'd say it's more of a curse than a blessing. i mean right now imo it's basically a collection featuring the worst aspects of the series:

Dream Drop Distance - Off the rails story A HD Remaster of the prelude to Kingdom Hearts III plot

Back Cover - Unnecessary additions to the plot that are shoehorned in at the last minute The mythology of the Keyblade War from the perspective of key figures

BBS 0.2 - Answers to questions no one asked, most likely in the form of more questions Scrapped content from Kingdom Hearts III to play with.

if people are really struggling with a lack of KH news then they could always play different games

Honestly, this game was developed since 2014 so you can't really say that it's impeding on Kingdom Hearts III. At this point, the people who are impatient for Kingdom Hearts III are the people who view these "side games" as cash grabs. It's their fault that they're not appreciative of the series.

Honestly, this game was developed since 2014 so you can't really say that it's impeding on Kingdom Hearts III. At this point, the people who are impatient for Kingdom Hearts III are the people who view these "side games" as cash grabs. It's their fault that they're not appreciative of the series.

i'm not saying it's delaying KH3. i'm just saying that as far as the KH HD collections go, this is the most unappealing one, at least imo

and i would say that even the die hard fans can be impatient for KH3. people went nuts over Unchained X not releasing for a while so i'd imagine it's safe to say that KH3 is keeping some of them up at night

i'm not saying it's delaying KH3. i'm just saying that as far as the KH HD collections go, this is the most unappealing one, at least imo

and i would say that even the die hard fans can be impatient for KH3. people went nuts over Unchained X not releasing for a while so i'd imagine it's safe to say that KH3 is keeping some of them up at night

A game doesn't have to have the numeral 3 to be a worthy Kingdom Hearts title. Unchained X diverges so far away from what we already know that it's a worthy title in its own right. 

A game doesn't have to have the numeral 3 to be a worthy Kingdom Hearts title. Unchained X diverges so far away from what we already know that it's a worthy title in its own right. 

uh...are you under the impression that i'm one of those people who write off BBS and DDD as pointless side games? because i don't and i'm not too sure where you got that idea from, if that's the case. 

when i mentioned UX, the point i was trying to make was that if people got impatient over a KH game that wasn't a numbered entry, then it's safe to assume that they would also get impatient over a game that was. 

i'm not saying certain KH games aren't worthy of being in the series. Yes, UX is most definitely a KH game. I'm not denying that. I'm only saying that there are some games in the series that I feel do more harm than good. I'm not really sure where you're coming from based on what i've been saying. 

just to be clear, all i was saying was that as far as the KH HD collections go, 2.8 is the most unappealing.

Old entry?  DDD has only be around for 3 1/2 years.

Anyway, I feel like it's kinda obvious why we're getting 2.8, and that is because we're missing a part of the story.  We have no idea what Mickey did in the PoD.  He just leaves a note for Donald and Goofy, is missing for the entire game, and then shows up at the end for a full 60 seconds of screen time to help close the Door to Darkness.  And when he comes back, he knows about what happened to Aqua.  However, she didn't return with him.  Therefore, there must be some reason Aqua stayed behind.  This is what 2.8 is about.  It's giving us the missing piece of the puzzle.

I'm just happy to be playing Dream Drop Distance on my big screen TV surround sounds. It's my second favorite main in the series after Kingdom Hearts, and of course I can't wait to play Birth by Sleep 0.2 to play as Aqua again, but still wish it was a full game instead of a short game.

I do wish that they would drop the price to $39.99 USD, but I do appreciate that I will get my fill of Kingdom Hearts, as well as get some new story, while waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3. I just wish that SE wasn't being so cash-hungry in this scenario. Basically, I'm kind of on neutral ground here. I do appreciate more Kingdom Hearts just like anybody else, but I also can't help but feel like they could have done these projects and included them with earlier HD releases, even if we had to wait a bit later to get them. Regardless, I'm still going to get it in order to complete my Kingdom Hearts HD collection, and for the extra story elements. Replaying Dream Drop Distance in HD is really just a side-tour, but I will appreciate viewing the cutscenes and gameplay in HD.

Edited by Svard

4) first hand look at the Kingdom Shader- this will answer a lot of people's questions regarding the graphics and design of the game 

The Kingdom Shader was a graphics system they made for KH3 then dropped for Unreal Engine 4. There is no Kingdom Shader.

Other than that, everything else is pretty clear.

The Kingdom Shader was a graphics system they made for KH3 then dropped for Unreal Engine 4. There is no Kingdom Shader. Other than that, everything else is pretty clear.

Actually the Kingdom Shader is still around. They're using it alongside UE4.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue may have the most ridiculous name I've ever seen for a Game (Except for the Japanese name for a Fire Emblem Game.) but what does it give us?

Dream Drop Distance in HD which not only makes it more accessible, but will probably make it a better gameplay experience overall what with there being now a Dualshock 4 Controller (Love it~) in hands and a MUCH bigger screen, with the Graphics being a little more pleasing, all of it adding to the awesome story being presented.

Back Cover, a KH Theorist's Wet Dream and a nice addition to the Lore and Backstory of Kingdom Hearts, especially regarding the Ancient Keyblade War that tore apart the worlds as they knew them.

And of course; 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage...hoo boy, I am looking forward to this one the most. KH3's Graphics, Gameplay and a peer into its story all in one, tight little package. It's the Episode Duscae for KH3.

II.8 is indeed a blessing. x3

i'd say it's more of a curse than a blessing. i mean right now imo it's basically a collection featuring the worst aspects of the series:

Dream Drop Distance - Off the rails story

Back Cover - Unnecessary additions to the plot that are shoehorned in at the last minute

BBS 0.2 - Answers to questions no one asked, most likely in the form of more questions

if people are really struggling with a lack of KH news then they could always play different games

Agreed. As much as I like DDD for its gameplay (Can't say the same story-wise, though...), I'm not paying $60 to play it on the PS4 when it was made for the 3DS with its hardware in mind anyway. Adding in a demo for KHIII does nothing to catch my attention, and I don't like anything relating to Chi so I don't care about Back Cover. This is the first non-browser/phone KH game I'm skipping out on as I don't see a reason for me to get it at all.

Okay let's break this down:

DDD HD - This is good for fans who weren't able to play the original on 3DS because they don't own the console (like me). I think it's cool it's getting remastered, although I hope they fix what looks weird like Riku's hands. He has no fingers! xD And sadly I doubt they'll fix the unbalanced gameplay it had either, but oh well. Beggars can't be choosers.

BBS 0.2 - This is a good chance to observe if KH3 will be good or not in terms of gameplay. Since 0.2 was originally part of KH3, it will use the same technology from what we have seen. And playing Aqua is always a plus. ;)

X Back Cover - I speculate that this story will have all the essential details we need to know about the Foretellers. I think it will include everything major we know about KHx/Ux so far as well as give insight into the Foretellers' perspective. Essentially it will provide everything we need to know about KHx/Ux and increase our understanding of how it links to KH3's plot. It fills in the gaps pretty much.

I mean it IS titled Final Chapter Prologue after all. Of course it's important! :D

Peace!

I personally think it's a blessing for the following reasons;

- Dream Drop Distance HD would have and should have been made anyway, so that all of the games prior to KHIII got a HD ReMIX.

- They have a good opportunity to show off how they can actually port a handheld game to a console game.

- They are giving us the story behind Chi in a much more digestible and concise format, plus it's in English.

- They will hopefully be able to expand upon KH's narrative with Chi -Back Cover- with a f*ck ton of clarity added to it.

- They have a brilliant opportunity to show off how the PS4 works with their new graphical engine for 0.2 and assets of KHIII in 0.2.

- And finally, they have a great chance at tying up some loose ends going into KHIII and give answers to a couple of pretty important questions in 0.2 i.e "What happened to Aqua in the Realm of Darkness? Why did Mickey leave her there? etc."

Edited by AzureAce

I personally think it's a blessing for the following reasons;

- Dream Drop Distance HD would have and should have been made anyway, so that all of the games prior to KHIII got a HD ReMIX.

- They have a good opportunity to show off how they can actually port a handheld game to a console game.

- They are giving us the story behind Chi in a much more digestible and concise format, plus it's in English.

- They will hopefully be able to expand upon KH's narrative with Chi -Back Cover- with a f*ck ton of clarity added to it.

- They have a brilliant opportunity to show off how the PS4 works with their new graphical engine for 0.2 and assets of KHIII in 0.2.

- And finally, they have a great chance at tying up some loose ends going into KHIII and give answers to a couple of pretty important questions in 0.2 i.e "What happened to Aqua in the Realm of Darkness? Why did Mickey leave her there? etc."

Agreed.  This bundle really does bring a ton of content, even though it may not seem so in the surface!  I'm very excited for 2.8, and I can't wait to know it's release date already!  I need to play the game already! :

It is definitely a blessing. A lot of us don't have a 3DS to play DDD, so I'm excited I'll get to experience something entirely new in the series. I just know tidbits of the story here and there. 0.2 and Back Cover are also going to be a great addition to the series. We'll get to see the return of an HD Aqua, with no ugly 2d/fish face. We get to learn a little bit more about Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness... it's going to be awesome. Not to mention Back Cover will help clarify the story on the Foretellers and hopefully give them some personality. Here's hoping we see an HD Ephemera or Skuld in there, too.

I know some people see it as negative and a "cash grabber", but I see it as a positive... a new adventure. So yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Definitely hope we get a release date at E3.

It is definitely a blessing. A lot of us don't have a 3DS to play DDD, so I'm excited I'll get to experience something entirely new in the series. I just know tidbits of the story here and there. 0.2 and Back Cover are also going to be a great addition to the series. We'll get to see the return of an HD Aqua, with no ugly 2d/fish face. We get to learn a little bit more about Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness... it's going to be awesome. Not to mention Back Cover will help clarify the story on the Foretellers and hopefully give them some personality. Here's hoping we see an HD Ephemera or Skuld in there, too.

I know some people see it as negative and a "cash grabber", but I see it as a positive... a new adventure. So yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Definitely hope we get a release date at E3.

GAHHH, YOU STOLE THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH! (I've already played KH3D, but you know what I mean!  It's a new adventure, as you stated, so I'm very excited to experience everything 2.8 has to offer! :D)

Dream Drop Distance - Off the rails story

Back Cover - Unnecessary additions to the plot that are shoehorned in at the last minute

BBS 0.2 - Answers to questions no one asked, most likely in the form of more questions

But here is the thing,for some reason some people think being a KH fan means you only play Kingdom Hearts or Square games exclusively and nothing else