Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

No Disney property is off-limits for Kingdom Hearts III-- Yasue says Marvel and Star Wars are being considered

Star Wars would fit because of the whole "light and dark" aspect. But I doubt Stan Lee would have Marvel in Kingdom Hearts, nor would I want it anyway. It wouldn't fit IMO. 

I still think it would be nice to see Han Solo and Cid Highwind knowing each other. Both as Gummi Ship salesman/workers. That interaction would be great!

I don't care either way but honestly the trailer for kH3 at the 2.5 launch event trailer makes it seem that new worlds other than Disney might actually be more appealing since the game looks much different than KH1 and 2. Until I see a Disney character with animations and a Disney world and until I see maybe a world example of a none Disney themed world then I don't know if I want the worlds to all be Disney. The game looks so different that I really don't know if the dark seeker saga should need to all be Disney worlds. I am totally ok with whatever Square decides is best for the game's enjoyment.

I still think it would be nice to see Han Solo and Cid Highwind knowing each other. Both as Gummi Ship salesman/workers. That interaction would be great!

That would be awesome! Or Han Solo has the Millennium Falcon and Cid is like "I gotta get me one of those!"

I'd love to see the Emperor Palpatine and Xehanort in the same room talking about something devious. That would make for a great cutscene. 

I'll admit I'm in the camp that doesn't see how Star Wars would fit in, but if they make it work, good for them. I just don't see how such an expansive universe would fit in KH. And before anyone assumes otherwise, I was practically raised on Star Wars, so I know the source material well.

Simple. If they can find a way to make it work and make it work well, then it would work. Also, if the sun evaporates water, it'll eventually start to rain, the earth is constantly shifting underneath us, and in a couple of hours the sun will rise. :P

I have to admit, I had my doubts about this idea when it was only a fan's speculation. But now that it's an actual possibility told straight from a staff member's mouth, I think I can actually start to wrap my head around it a little more. Again, if they can think of a way to make the concept work and they execute it well, then I see no problem to start spewing doom vomit all over the web, it is what it is. :P

And keep in mind that these things are being CONSIDERED. It's not like they are planned and given the go-ahead already. Yasue was name dropping Frozen for months now, but that still isn't any closer to being confirmed as Marvel and Star Wars are. We have to wait till further into development to know what the true deal will be.

But keep in mind that NOTHING is really "unfitting" of the Kingdom Hearts series. 11 years ago, if someone had said that Pirates of the Caribbean was going to be in a Kingdom Hearts game, they would have been laughed at too. If they could make that movie work within KH2, I don't see why they can't find a way to make Marvel and Star Wars work for KH3, it will just require a lot of creative work to find the right mix. <3

To be fair I still think Pirates of the Caribbean was a really weird world.

I'm not all that bothered if it's in kh3 tbh. I think the only think I don't want is the marvel and Star Wars fanbase to flock. That's gonna be a whole new stupid we are gonna have to deal with.

This is actually pretty awesome. Shows that the relationship between Disney and SE is good enough that they're even allowed to use some of their non-originally Disney properties. They could've kept those IPs off the plate considering how precious they are to them, but they apparently have a lot of faith in SE to the point where they're entrusting them with 'em.

and tbh, though a bunch of people here are against having them in, you know we'd all be going nuts if we saw them in a future trailer in gorgeous next-gen graphics with dat kingdom shader mmm

Darth Vader secret boss battle pls. :3

Edited by J. Severe

Simple, use the space worlds from Marvel such as Asgard or the Guardians of the galaxy worlds.

For star wars you can make that an alternate universe or another galaxy. 

personally I think the msot logical choice for a KH world is the Death Star. It's nice and separate, can be slotted in easily.

Hate the idea. Its not they are lacking worlds or something.

If they want to use them that bad they should wait for the next saga. There's no point in ruining this one  Even so, I still hate the idea

I love the Final Fantasy + Disney combo which is Kingdom Hearts

Final Fantasy + Disney + Star Wars + Marvel is another thing.  And Kingdom Hearts loses some of its magic.

Could they fit in?!

Star Wars, yeah. Because the light/darkness theme. Gonna be honest, a saber keyblade seems cool. Nomura is a Star Wars fan so this one scares me.

Marvel?! No. I don't see how this would fit in. Right now Sora fighting with/against anyone from this unverse seems ridiculous.

I trust the staff. They know what they are doing  (I hope). But I would like to avoid these two universes.

Because should Disney buy anime companies for example. Would it mean that Dragon Ball (oh god I would love it), Naruto, One Piece fit in the series?! Of course no, they are still different universes.

Edited by Sakuraba Neku

I can't say I have much experience with Marvel, but EVERY incarnation I've encountered of the MArvel universe seems completely different, much like DC and a lot of comics.

It's versatile, they can make the stuff work, Marvel characters can and have been reworked a lot historically, to fit a certain situation. Just keep the core character traits and not much else matters

Or they could just give make brand new characters and give them famous names, like they do with Final Fantasy (I'm looking at you, Setzer)

I'm disappointed, mainly because its not a direction in tone that I wanted the series to go, but I suppose, in a way, traversing through Star Wars is somewhat in line with the theory I have of one of the main themes of the game being going through the places you used to dream about as a kid, so I guess it could work.

I'm disappointed, mainly because its not a direction in tone that I wanted the series to go, but I suppose, in a way, traversing through Star Wars is somewhat in line with the theory I have of one of the main themes of the game being going through the places you used to dream about as a kid, so I guess it could work.

I mean, isn't that the core idea behind Kingdom Hearts in the end? OH BOY I GET TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE WITH MY FAVOURITE CHILDHOOD CHARACTERS :D

Like oh man, if back when I was like ten and I heard you could fight Darth Maul in Kingdom Hearts that would be one of the most amazing things I'd ever heard. I imagine that's one of the main goals in mind when they choose worlds

... now that I think about it, it's kinda like Lego

No rules, you cna just take your favourite things and put them together in the same place. Like nowadays there's Marvel and DC Lego, so nothing is stopping you from having the crossover that will never happen there.

I agree it's not really the direction I'd want it to go, but I could say that about a lot of things in KH. At the end of the day, if it makes a lot of people happy, I won't complain

much

I can see Marvel working in KH, and I can see Star Wars too. 

But, it seems like a big F*CK YOU to the other Disney worlds that should/could be used.

My main problem is Donald and Goofy. Sora is human; he can fit. It bothered me that no one pointed out Goofy and Donald being animals in worlds like Land of Dragons and Port Royal.

It is like a huge dumping ground of Final Fantasy, Disney, TWEWY, and possibly Marvel and Star Wars, and a what Nomura wants in a game. 

Kingdom Hearts is just a big Nomura Fanfic. He is up there with KPOP EXO fan girl's fanfics. 

Isn't Nomura a Star Wars fan?

Oh please no. I said this before and I'll say it again. They are NOT Disney!! It's just like in the title, they are "property", "acquired" by Disney. Also I agree with other people, neither would really fit in properly. I just feel that the story would be messed up way too much!! I think special downloads for specific weapons would be great, but that's all.