Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Elfdemon_

Tetsuya Nomura says that they raised expectations high for the D23 2017 Kingdom Hearts III news, and it will be "normal" info

During the final Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour - in Osaka, Japan, Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura stated that they raised expectations high for the new Kingdom Hearts III information and news being revealed at D23 2017. He makes sure to note that it will be "normal" Kingdom Hearts III news, and he would like people to spread this word instead of raising the bar in order to not cause any trouble.

Click here to view the article

So, normal Kingdom Hearts III news as in, 'New world! Okay, still in development bye!!' #PleaseBeExcited2017

Maybe it'll be like the BH6 announcement and we won't even get gameplay, just a Roy Conli hosted video that delivers us more glorious memes. I wouldn't mind that I guess...

So, normal Kingdom Hearts III news as in, 'New world! Okay, still in development bye!!' #PleaseBeExcited2017

Maybe it'll be like the BH6 announcement and we won't even get gameplay, just a Roy Conli hosted video that delivers us more glorious memes. I wouldn't mind that I guess...

Not possible Nomura said that the next tralier would make us even happier. So I expect a release window.

I think the Famitsu interview especially could cause people to be disappointed because it makes it seem like the new trailer is showing something of extreme relevance.

While he did say fans will be even happier with the new trailer, it doesn't mean that it will have ground-breaking revelations.

I'm not saying that it won't be great, but there are also people who hype things up beyond reason, for example acting like Sora & Co. searching for a way to bring Roxas back is the first time they brought it up in the most recent trailer. I've seen people get extremely hyped from that statement alone as if it wasn't blatantly hinted at in 3D.

I am hyped for the trailer and the world reveal because it will show something new, but I won't set the bars unreasonably high because that will only make me disappointed if it doesn't live up to it.

Interesting and sad at the same time that Nomura makes such a statement. I'm sure that Nomura is doing a pretty good job with KH3 but the fanbase is never satisfied with anything and now he needs to make this statement in order to avoid a shitstorm. I mean, he has never done that before, right?

Nevertheless it's interesting why Famitsu reacted to a certain info like that. What could it be? Utada comeback? Star Wars or Marvel world? Other playable characters? Only 1 week left.

I think the Famitsu interview especially could cause people to be disappointed because it makes it seem like the new trailer is showing something of extreme relevance.

While he did say fans will be even happier with the new trailer, it doesn't mean that it will have ground-breaking revelations.

I'm not saying that it won't be great, but there are also people who hype things up beyond reason, for example acting like Sora & Co. searching for a way to bring Roxas back is the first time they brought it up in the most recent trailer. I've seen people get extremely hyped from that statement alone as if it wasn't blatantly hinted at in 3D.

I am hyped for the trailer and the world reveal because it will show something new, but I won't set the bars unreasonably high because that will only make me disappointed if it doesn't live up to it.

lol thank you. It was also in BBS and Re:Coded as well. Don't get me wrong, I was so excited and delighted to actually see it said so directly in that last trailer, but yeah, so many people acted like it was a new thing.

lol thank you. It was also in BBS and Re:Coded as well. Don't get me wrong, I was so excited and delighted to actually see it said so directly in that last trailer, but yeah, so many people acted like it was a new thing.

I was excited too that it actually becomes more than a concept and that they're addressing the problems associated with that, but some of the reactions were a bit over the top.

Which is why it's hard to tell if that trailer really lives up to certain expectations and wasn't overhyped by the Famitsu journalist. I'm still hyped for the trailer itself and the world reveal but the last thing we need is a storm of enraged fans attacking Nomura because other people overhyped the trailer.

Nomura only said that we will be even happier with the next trailer. Which is, quite frankly, not that hard to achieve because even though I liked it very much, it did not reveal anything too particularly new. Sure, we know Maleficent is searching for the box (which isn't surprising since she is also looking for the Book of Prophecies) and have seen some more gameplay elements, but it still feels like we've seen next to nothing of a game that's said to be massive.

If the new trailer just ends with a "2018" or "2019" than I'm all good! I understand that Nomura wants to release the game when he feels like it's ready to be release so I do appreciate that he and his team are taking their time with the game. They don't need to give us an actual release date this year's D23, I'll be very grateful if the trailer just says "2018" or "2019" as a sign that Kingdom Hearts is half done.

Edited by Movies798

I'm not disappointed, I'm actually hyped we're getting another KH3 trailer. Hopefully they'll hit us with some more news later in the year though.

Really aught to be careful when you use words like "Final Information" if you don't want to raise expectations too high then. :P

Worst case scenario, I guess this would mean no release window announcement quite yet, or whatever would be considered "final information". Still there's sure to be plenty of worthy info to be had with this even without that promise. At the very least the trailer will have more story and gameplay tidbits to gush over.

Sides, I have a feeling that such news as a release window announcement would be saved for later in the year for events such as Jump Festa or TGS, that's typically when they've made such announcements in the past.

Really aught to be careful when you use words like "Final Information" if you don't want to raise expectations too high then. :P

Worst case scenario, I guess this would mean no release window announcement quite yet, or whatever would be considered "final information". Still there's sure to be plenty of worthy info to be had with this even without that promise. At the very least the trailer will have more story and gameplay tidbits to gush over.

Sides, I have a feeling that such news as a release window announcement would be saved for later in the year for events such as Jump Festa or TGS, that's typically when they've made such announcements in the past.

Is there any chance of Kingdom Hearts III showing up at This Year's TGS or Jump Festa?

Well, way to drain my excitement for the trailer I guess. Probably a same length trailer as the concert one I bet now, Unless it's actually a bluff to surprise everyone with a release date, and in general anyway, having peoples expectations high is never a good thing anyway, but hopes aren't high that's the intention.

Why say you'll reveal "final information" then say but don't get too excited.

Thought we'd be approaching a time of more regular KH3 news, but at this rate who knows when we're getting it, 2018 seemed likely but with how news is being delivered, 2019 is looking on the cards if they're still not ready to even put out a rough release year after a little over 4 years now, In which we've had 2, maybe 3, real in game trailers and the others being concept.

Well, way to drain my excitement for the trailer I guess. Probably a same length trailer as the concert one I bet now, Unless it's actually a bluff to surprise everyone with a release date, and in general anyway, having peoples expectations high is never a good thing anyway, but hopes aren't high that's the intention.

Why say you'll reveal "final information" then say but don't get too excited.

Thought we'd be approaching a time of more regular KH3 news, but at this rate who knows when we're getting it, 2018 seemed likely but with how news is being delivered, 2019 is looking on the cards if they're still not ready to even put out a rough release year after a little over 4 years now, In which we've had 2, maybe 3, real in game trailers and the others being concept.

Was it even confirmed that the "final information" part was correctly translated or that it means what people think it does? Final could mean a lot. I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

SE has never been one to reveal release windows way ahead of time, especially when the game is nowhere near finished (which the interview in the beginning of the year has shown). Because delays happen and they happened frequently last year. FFXV had the release date revealed around 6 months prior to its actual release I believe as well as 2.8 and they still had to delay the games.

Let's say KH3 is planned to come out late 2018, around December or November. That would mean the game will be in development for nearly another 1 1/2 years. If a game is such a long time away from release, that means a lot of things can happen and late 2018 can easily become early 2019 or more.

Breath of the Wild made that mistake of a release window and had to delay it more than once.

Generally, I only want them to announce anything to do with a date or window when they know that they can stick to it. Delays are unfortunate and can happen anytime but there's no need to promise something they don't even know they can keep.

Unfortunately this caused a bunch of discomfit in the KH community as if a release date were coming with "final" information. It's no surprise that Nomura hopes to hype up the game, devs and the PR/business teams are on completely different levels when it comes to interest in their project, but unfortunately it caused more uproar than worth, and if next Saturday shows nothing brand new or is just an interview, fans will be disappointed.

Excited but tired of waiting till 2018+